It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#TheBestMenCanBe #Gillette

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: toms54

If I had any Photoshop skills at all, I'd take that picture of the hippie putting a flower in a White House guard's rifle barrel (you know the one I mean) and replace the flower with a Gillette razor.

I do have PhotoShop skills, so watch out.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: InTheLight

Just grow a beard in protest.

Don't most millenials and older millenials already don beards? Within my sphere of life I see many do.

I have a beard, I guess im part of millenials, but I earned my beard. Most of these hipsters don't deserve a beard.

How do you earn a beard? (new one on me)

Because I get out and do the grunt work, out in the trenches making my life better. Not sitting on the internet in my mom's basement complaining on social media about toxic masculinity while I look for the best skin care and facial products on the market while sitting in skinny jeans with thick rimmed glasses with feminine personality.

Feminine men do not deserve beards.

What is a feminine man? Never saw or met one of those before.
edit on 01CST12America/Chicago054121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Those are only your perceived life lessons, so sure own them. But it is arrogant to assume the person you beat up has learned any valuable life lesson other than to steer clear of you. The violence and inability to handle and deal with the situation in a civil way remains.

AGAIN. I am not saying this is the first response....at all. This is a last resort that should happen after all civil responses have failed. Which, happens more times that you are willing to admit.

But, you keep your arrogant head in the sand, and continue to think you know more about the male experience than actual males because you talked to men and heard "expert" spout on about what is "right". Experts, I may add, that are hired to advocate that exact approach to protect the legal health of the organization that pays their salary.

Yes, by all mean believe them over someone that experiences the situation first-hand. To you that is more valuable since it does not threaten your ego.

I have first-hand experience, but you keep deflecting. Your experience is not every other man's experience.

As I said before, the lawmakers make laws that the people want, ergo, society deems physical assault to be wrong, illegal and so there you have it.

Please tell me when you were a little boy being bullied, and were forced to fight back. Then the two of you became lifelong friends to this day. Tell me about your first-hand experience as a little boy....please. This I have to hear.

Anything less is NOT first-hand experience not matter how hard you try to make it so....never.

I was considered a tom boy, one day while at the park on the swing, a boy came up grabbed the two swing chains and told me if I didn't get off the swing he would beat me up. I kicked him in the nuts and when he fell under me I kicked him in the head. He was saved by the Park Trainer and banned from the park for two weeks. When he returned he decided he loved me.

Some boys considered me one of them and acted accordingly, to their demise.

Being a "tom boy" is not being a real boy. Sorry. It just isn't the same.

And, given that you used violence to stop the attack, and his attitude turned around kind of dispels you own stance and confirms mine, doesn't it? He seemed to have more respect for you after you fought back, didn't he?

Isn't that odd??

It was the late 50s early 60s, that was what we kids had to do. That was the programming at the time. If I could do it all over again I, and if I was taught how to handle a situation like that, I would have yelled for the Park Trainer to throw his ass out of the park, without me having to hurt him.

I didn't want his respect, because I did not respect him for being a bully.

And I guarantee you had you done that (called the ranger) the next attack from him would have been worse and continued. Whether you accept his respect or not is irrelevant isn't it? It happened....and you can't accept that as a fact even in your own experience.

But, we are "more evolved today"., so evolved that we prevent boys from defending themselves up to the point that they snap and decide to kill everyone in the school. Yeah. real evolved. No thanks. I don't advocate creating mass killers because of "feelz".

OMG you have gone right off the deep end with this.

Are you denying that most of the school shooters were previously bullied in that school and were prevented form dealing with it in small doses as we used to do? Who is off the deep end now?

And I am serious...deadly serious.

How could these troubled people be prevented from dealing with it if their friends, parents and school authorities knew what was happening? Education is key to helping kids worth through bullying and from what I see, it far worse than what you or I had to deal with.

Because telling the "authorities" only makes it worse. Don't you see that? The "zero tolerance" policies punish the victim as well as the bully. And, in many cases the bullies get no punishment because they are key sports players in the school (we used to call them "jocks"). Want to talk about toxic masculinity? That area is a key player in that space. Yet. they are coddled because they provide ans important role for the school (usually linked with $$$). That drives the victim kid to bottle up and "take it" for fear of him getting punished.

Eventually, that powder keg will explode given one final spark.

link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Lame response - don't keep trying YouSir.

Ummm...sorry...62% of women have fantasized about being forcefully ravished/raped by a hero figure...

They buy 1.44 billion dollars a year in books with those themes repeatedly enacted through each chapter...

That’s like...a lot...

Just keeping things in perspective...

YouSir

Fantasy is not reality, so keep things in their true perspective. There are no men hero figures in true life.

Ummm...did you actually just say that there’s some innate desire in a majority of women to be forcefully ravished...?

But there are no toxically masculine enough men to fulfill those innate desires...

By golly...we have a winner...

YouSir

link   
a reply to: InTheLight

It's worse because they're all on antidepressants which are triggering manic episodes in people desensitized to violence (via pop culture).

Let's point at where the problem is, shall we?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Those are only your perceived life lessons, so sure own them. But it is arrogant to assume the person you beat up has learned any valuable life lesson other than to steer clear of you. The violence and inability to handle and deal with the situation in a civil way remains.

AGAIN. I am not saying this is the first response....at all. This is a last resort that should happen after all civil responses have failed. Which, happens more times that you are willing to admit.

But, you keep your arrogant head in the sand, and continue to think you know more about the male experience than actual males because you talked to men and heard "expert" spout on about what is "right". Experts, I may add, that are hired to advocate that exact approach to protect the legal health of the organization that pays their salary.

Yes, by all mean believe them over someone that experiences the situation first-hand. To you that is more valuable since it does not threaten your ego.

I have first-hand experience, but you keep deflecting. Your experience is not every other man's experience.

As I said before, the lawmakers make laws that the people want, ergo, society deems physical assault to be wrong, illegal and so there you have it.

Please tell me when you were a little boy being bullied, and were forced to fight back. Then the two of you became lifelong friends to this day. Tell me about your first-hand experience as a little boy....please. This I have to hear.

Anything less is NOT first-hand experience not matter how hard you try to make it so....never.

I was considered a tom boy, one day while at the park on the swing, a boy came up grabbed the two swing chains and told me if I didn't get off the swing he would beat me up. I kicked him in the nuts and when he fell under me I kicked him in the head. He was saved by the Park Trainer and banned from the park for two weeks. When he returned he decided he loved me.

And, given that you used violence to stop the attack, and his attitude turned around kind of dispels you own stance and confirms mine, doesn't it? He seemed to have more respect for you after you fought back, didn't he?

Isn't that odd??

It was the late 50s early 60s, that was what we kids had to do. That was the programming at the time. If I could do it all over again I, and if I was taught how to handle a situation like that, I would have yelled for the Park Trainer to throw his ass out of the park, without me having to hurt him.

And I guarantee you had you done that (called the ranger) the next attack from him would have been worse and continued. Whether you accept his respect or not is irrelevant isn't it? It happened....and you can't accept that as a fact even in your own experience.

But, we are "more evolved today"., so evolved that we prevent boys from defending themselves up to the point that they snap and decide to kill everyone in the school. Yeah. real evolved. No thanks. I don't advocate creating mass killers because of "feelz".

Are you denying that most of the school shooters were previously bullied in that school and were prevented form dealing with it in small doses as we used to do? Who is off the deep end now?

How could these troubled people be prevented from dealing with it if their friends, parents and school authorities knew what was happening? Education is key to helping kids worth through bullying and from what I see, it far worse than what you or I had to deal with.

Because telling the "authorities" only makes it worse. Don't you see that? The "zero tolerance" policies punish the victim as well as the bully. And, in many cases the bullies get no punishment because they are key sports players in the school (we used to call them "jocks"). Want to talk about toxic masculinity? That area is a key player in that space. Yet. they are coddled because they provide ans important role for the school (usually linked with $$$). That drives the victim kid to bottle up and "take it" for fear of him getting punished.

More reason for men (coaches) to step up and teach those jocks how to handle those types of situations.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Ummm...sorry...62% of women have fantasized about being forcefully ravished/raped by a hero figure...

They buy 1.44 billion dollars a year in books with those themes repeatedly enacted through each chapter...

That’s like...a lot...

YouSir

Fantasy is not reality, so keep things in their true perspective. There are no men hero figures in true life.

Ummm...did you actually just say that there’s some innate desire in a majority of women to be forcefully ravished...?

But there are no toxically masculine enough men to fulfill those innate desires...

YouSir

Nope, those are your words. I said keep fantasy and reality in their proper places.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

In all honesty, I didn't watch it.

Don't need to. I know exactly what it is.

LOL! That explains much!

As far as you and the husband you apparently own...

Um, not to get too technical -- don't want to tax that purty little brain of yours -- but given that I said some things are between me and my husband -- not you or anyone else -- wouldn't that actually be inferring that my husband owns me? As in I cannot do or say such-and-such because it's no longer mine to give or my decision? Specifically, that I cannot engage in discussion of a sexual and/or obscene nature with you or anyone except my husband? I have not in any way referred to anything that my husband cannot do... just me.

But somehow you felt it necessary and proper to insult and belittle my husband because he has a loyal and devoted wife? Okay. But wow!

... goes, you seem to forget you wouldn't have him at all if you had your way in psychologically castrating society.

Interesting choice of words -- "psychologically castrating society." Interesting because I have pointed out that we need to stop giving so much power to these bullies and teach our kids to fight back -- both verbally, and as a last resort, physically. That we need to empower people, not coddle them and turn them into snowflakes.

Is that perhaps the real problem? You really don't want people empowered and strong enough to stand up to your bullying and abuse? Are you afraid of the real alpha males standing up to you? Are you identifying so strongly with the bullies in the video -- without even watching it! -- because you know that's who you really are? Is that why you won't watch it? Did I psychologically castrate you by revealing that I know and love a real alpha man, and that he has inspired and earned such love from a -- GASP! -- woman without bullying or abusing? Did I psychologically castrate you by encouraging ways we can empower and teach our young men to be real alpha males?

Maybe you shouldn't do that, hm?

Hmmmm indeed.
edit on 15-1-2019 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It's worse because they're all on antidepressants which are triggering manic episodes in people desensitized to violence (via pop culture).

Let's point at where the problem is, shall we?

Where's the evidence and stats? Don't tell me wikipedia again.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You're gonna steal my heart if you make that meme.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Isn't that odd??

More reason for men (coaches) to step up and teach those jocks how to handle those types of situations.

That solution has proven not to work, and can (and does) make the situation worse. Do you honestly think that a coach is going to punish his star players and risk losing the game/championship and still keep his job? Really??

If you think so, then you are living in a fantasy world. So, your suggested solutions should be considered in the same light (or more appropriately rose colored light).

link   

I never quoted Wiki. You're confusing your suitors.

And just look it up, would ya? Geez.

link   

You're gonna steal my heart if you make that meme.

I know, it takes so little effort.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

That’s like...a lot...

YouSir

YouSir

Nope, those are your words. I said keep fantasy and reality in their proper places.

Ummm...so....keep the fantasy...in the bedroom...let’s just not admit it publicly...

I’m cool with that...

After all...62% of women...can’t be wrong...right...?

YouSir

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I think we're arguing about things we may actually agree on.

link   

Isn't that odd??

That solution has proven not to work, and can (and does) make the situation worse. Do you honestly think that a coach is going to punish his star players and risk losing the game/championship and still keep his job? Really??

If you think so, then you are living in a fantasy world. So, your suggested solutions should be considered in the same light (or more appropriately rose colored light).

I know what the mission statements and true feelings are with educators, because I worked with many different people over the decades in that environment. They would not agree with your assessment in this day and age considering bullying and violence may result in deadly outcomes. Education and intervention is necessary and kids should not be left on their own to figure it out.

link   

Ummm...ohhhhh...struck a nerve huh...you must have read the whole series...

And liked it...

Says the wuss with his head in the gutter who talked about me rather than to me in quite insulting terms... but somehow when I have the big brass ones YOU LACK to actually address you directly, I'm the one who had a nerve struck?

Teeheehee!!! That's just too funny.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

That’s like...a lot...

YouSir

YouSir

Ummm...so....keep the fantasy...in the bedroom...let’s just not admit it publicly...

I’m cool with that...

After all...62% of women...can’t be wrong...right...?

YouSir

Keep fantasy in the books that you read; I don't read those books.
edit on 01CST01America/Chicago01110131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I'm a simple man.

A simple man still wondering about your bra.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
3 words.....

Dollar shave club.......

3 other words....

Grow that beard....

The Good Lord had some reason to grant men the ability to grow impressive, verile facial hair. Embrace it and stand tall.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join