It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#TheBestMenCanBe #Gillette

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: toms54

a reply to: Krakatoa

I will repeat my stance again, bullying is wrong and fights should be stopped for both sexes. Learning self-defense, to me, is a way to learn self-control and fear less and, of course, to defend yourself should you have no other option. As for my hubby and son, I agree with them and they agree with me, so your comments are non-sequitur.

Don't you understand the concept of dominance and social hierarchy? You see it throughout the animal world. It decides who gets the food and choice of mates. Beta males don't get any action.

When I grew up and got into a fight, they handed me boxing gloves. They need to fight it out. The only reason to interfere is when it gets out of hand.

We are above the animal world, or are we? All ape Beta males get a piece of the action too - they just have to wait.

Children should not be allowed to fight it out. If you are grown up and an adult and feel you can not handle social situations any other way besides violence, then i think you have a problem.

So, if I disagree with you I am not "evolved" and have a problem. See, this ability to diminish others opinions is part of the problem. Perhaps we will never agree, and I am fine with that. But don't tell ME what it means to grow from a boy to a man unless you've been there and done that. I would NEVER assume I know what its like to be a girl growing into a woman. Why can't you adopt the same level of evolved understanding? Unless you have a problem.

As I said previously, your life's experiences are only yours. I have other men's life's experiences that are opposite to yours. So, don't tell me that I don't understand, because I do fully understand my husband's and son's experiences. Especially my husbands's experiences growing up during the 50's and 60's where the mindset for boys was to use violence to solve disputes. My husband was a big strong child and teenager, and was bullied and attacked for being one of the biggest kids around - just because he was bigger than everyone else. The same with my son, a very gentle giant, he said he was targetted at parties by smaller drunk guys because they had to prove something.

Yes, if you allow a child to fight to solve the problem with violence and not show both children how to resolve conflict, then yes, you have a problem.

If you are an adult and choose to solve your problems with violence only, then yes you have a problem.

Again, you can NEVER fully understand what it is like unless you grew up a little boy and grew into a man. All you can do is try to understand....period. If you truly believe you know, then you have a serious personality disorder and an obviously superiority complex. No woman can fully understand a boy --> man experience, just as no man can fully understand a girl > woman experience. Unless you are a transgender post adolescence, and now live as a "woman".

In which case your experience IS you own....and unique to you.

Please stop stating you full understand because you cannot....period. And your hubby's not going to disagree with you. This I do know.

I fully understand what it feels like to be bullied and challenged to an after-school fight. This is not strictly a boy growing to manhood thing. So get real.

Now who is twisting things? I said you cannot fully understand boy --> man. Period.... You cannot, and will never. All you can do is approximate an understanding. That is as close as you will ever get. So, please stop deluding yourself that you know.

Bullying and violence is easy to understand. What you fail to understand is that it is not a growing to manhood rite or necessity.

Again, you don't understand,. ADMIT IT.... You opinion is based upon 2nd hand knowledge, not first hand knowledge. Something important is lost in that approach....something you refuse to admit even exists. Your opinion is that of a woman projecting her own thoughts on what the male experience MUST be...not reality.

I am not projecting, I am relaying what my husband and son's experiences, and mine in regards to bullying and violence have been. Girls in my day also had to face bullying, coersion and other types of control forced upon us without any intervention from anyone and that was wrong - and it still is.

That is the definition of 2nd hand knowledge ms genius. You do not KNOW, you can only approximate the experience. You may think you understand, but you really do not....and you can;t. And, guess what, that is OK. Your ideals are laudable, and a goal to achieve, within reason. Sometimes a violent reaction is the only solution.

I never advocated it to the the first or only one....never. But you on the other hand have stated that it is never appropriate. That is where we differ....and I do believe it is based upon your inability to truly understand the experience. Because you simply cannot 100% understand, and your ego refuses to let you admit that simple fact.

I agree that it is never appropriate to allow children to fight it out because nobody learns anything and they could get hurt. On the other hand, if as an adult that is your choice, then just be careful you don't slip on the soap in the shower.

In YOUR OPINION nobody learns anything. In my EXPERIENCE there is learning to be had in that same situation. Are you saying that actually being a boy growing into a man provides less of an experience and knowledge than talking to a man about it when you have NOT experienced it?

How arrogant is that, seriously???

edit on 1/15/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: Boadicea

So you want men turned into geldings... except your husband.

Gotcha.

Nope... but I think I understand you a little better.

What goes for my husband and what is between my husband and I does not go for you or anyone else and does not include you or anyone else. Just me and hubby. Period. Hubby gets special privileges that you and no one else gets. Likewise between other alpha-in-all-the-best-ways husbands and wives.

Likewise, what the Gillette commercial said about some men does not apply to you. (Do correct me if I'm wrong...)

But somehow you keep inserting yourself into these equations.

Hmmmmmm.....

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I will repeat my stance again, bullying is wrong and fights should be stopped for both sexes. Learning self-defense, to me, is a way to learn self-control and fear less and, of course, to defend yourself should you have no other option. As for my hubby and son, I agree with them and they agree with me, so your comments are non-sequitur.

Don't you understand the concept of dominance and social hierarchy? You see it throughout the animal world. It decides who gets the food and choice of mates. Beta males don't get any action.

When I grew up and got into a fight, they handed me boxing gloves. They need to fight it out. The only reason to interfere is when it gets out of hand.

We are above the animal world, or are we? All ape Beta males get a piece of the action too - they just have to wait.

Children should not be allowed to fight it out. If you are grown up and an adult and feel you can not handle social situations any other way besides violence, then i think you have a problem.

So, if I disagree with you I am not "evolved" and have a problem. See, this ability to diminish others opinions is part of the problem. Perhaps we will never agree, and I am fine with that. But don't tell ME what it means to grow from a boy to a man unless you've been there and done that. I would NEVER assume I know what its like to be a girl growing into a woman. Why can't you adopt the same level of evolved understanding? Unless you have a problem.

As I said previously, your life's experiences are only yours. I have other men's life's experiences that are opposite to yours. So, don't tell me that I don't understand, because I do fully understand my husband's and son's experiences. Especially my husbands's experiences growing up during the 50's and 60's where the mindset for boys was to use violence to solve disputes. My husband was a big strong child and teenager, and was bullied and attacked for being one of the biggest kids around - just because he was bigger than everyone else. The same with my son, a very gentle giant, he said he was targetted at parties by smaller drunk guys because they had to prove something.

Yes, if you allow a child to fight to solve the problem with violence and not show both children how to resolve conflict, then yes, you have a problem.

If you are an adult and choose to solve your problems with violence only, then yes you have a problem.

Again, you can NEVER fully understand what it is like unless you grew up a little boy and grew into a man. All you can do is try to understand....period. If you truly believe you know, then you have a serious personality disorder and an obviously superiority complex. No woman can fully understand a boy --> man experience, just as no man can fully understand a girl > woman experience. Unless you are a transgender post adolescence, and now live as a "woman".

Please stop stating you full understand because you cannot....period. And your hubby's not going to disagree with you. This I do know.

I fully understand what it feels like to be bullied and challenged to an after-school fight. This is not strictly a boy growing to manhood thing. So get real.

Now who is twisting things? I said you cannot fully understand boy --> man. Period.... You cannot, and will never. All you can do is approximate an understanding. That is as close as you will ever get. So, please stop deluding yourself that you know.

Bullying and violence is easy to understand. What you fail to understand is that it is not a growing to manhood rite or necessity.

Again, you don't understand,. ADMIT IT.... You opinion is based upon 2nd hand knowledge, not first hand knowledge. Something important is lost in that approach....something you refuse to admit even exists. Your opinion is that of a woman projecting her own thoughts on what the male experience MUST be...not reality.

I am not projecting, I am relaying what my husband and son's experiences, and mine in regards to bullying and violence have been. Girls in my day also had to face bullying, coersion and other types of control forced upon us without any intervention from anyone and that was wrong - and it still is.

That is the definition of 2nd hand knowledge ms genius. You do not KNOW, you can only approximate the experience. You may think you understand, but you really do not....and you can;t. And, guess what, that is OK. Your ideals are laudable, and a goal to achieve, within reason. Sometimes a violent reaction is the only solution.

I never advocated it to the the first or only one....never. But you on the other hand have stated that it is never appropriate. That is where we differ....and I do believe it is based upon your inability to truly understand the experience. Because you simply cannot 100% understand, and your ego refuses to let you admit that simple fact.

I agree that it is never appropriate to allow children to fight it out because nobody learns anything and they could get hurt. On the other hand, if as an adult that is your choice, then just be careful you don't slip on the soap in the shower.

In YOUR OPINION nobody learns anything. In my EXPERIENCE there is learning to be had in that same situation. Are you saying that actually being a boy growing into a man provides less of an experience and knowledge than talking to a man about it when you have NOT experienced it?

What learning is to be had through violence for you? How do you know what the person learned that you just beat up?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Agreed. Switching razor brands today.

Like AT&T and their gay parent commercial. Went to Verizon over that one.

These companies using Facebook to gauge public opinion are shooting themselves in the foot, alienating normal people (yeah, I said it) everywhere. Good riddance anyway I says.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

What learning is to be had through violence for you? How do you know what the person learned that you just beat up?

I'll give you 2 right off the bat:

1. They learned NOT to bully me again...or they will get the same back.

2. That I can defend myself, and it gives me real self-esteem and makes me feel that I have an early form of independence. I don't need to rely upon someone else to "fight my battles" for me.

These 2 things are life lessons. They are real self-esteem builders. Not the type of manufactured esteem that a participation trophy attempts to provide. That latter approach is fake and superficial. In addition, it is likely that the bully will respect me more and we will eventually become lifelong fronds that would literally die for each other if presented with that decision. I have many male friends, lifelong friendships, that began that way.

edit on 1/15/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

We must be talking about two different groups of feminists, I've never heard of anyone like that. I'm talking about gender critical radfems. Trans activists do not call them radicals, they think they are regressive. Radfems don't like TERF but they call themselves radical feminists. Radical is not an insult to far leftists and feminists, it's a good thing. And absolutely most of them don't think men can be feminists.

How am I talking trash? I mean, they have a lot of solidarity for FtM's, but I don't think you can both believe you are trans and at the same time believe that no one can be trans.

originally posted by: Boadicea

I guess their problem with that term is that it implies they should include trans as women.

Um, no... The Trans Activists used that term to imply they are outliers from the greater feminist movement by not including trans as women.

That's what I wrote.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

In all honesty, I didn't watch it.

Don't need to. I know exactly what it is.

As far as you and the husband you apparently own goes, you seem to forget you wouldn't have him at all if you had your way in psychologically castrating society.

Maybe you shouldn't do that, hm?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ummm...not only that...but they’ll read and watch all the rape fest histerical novels and 12 million shades of tie me up and do me with your foot...they can salivate over...

You know that? Of course you don't. But it sure sounds good if you want to talk trash about all women in the most obscene and vilest terms... all the while having a pity party because those mean people at Gillette said "toxic masculinity."

Not once have I read or watched "rape fest histerical novels" and I find the whole "shades of gray" thing quite vile. Nor do I know any women who have, or who in any way find it acceptable.

I'm wondering just kind of women you know...

Gotta be a disconnect there somewhere...cause then they publically state they want you to be more like Danny...the gay guy... I’ve given up trying to figure them out...they’re all crazy... And they drive men insane...

Gotcha... asking men not to be bullies and sexual abusers... even worse, asking men to stand up to other men doing so... is now wanting all men to be the "gay guy."

Oh my dear lord. Yeah, there sure is a disconnect!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Those are only your perceived life lessons, so sure own them. But it is arrogant to assume the person you beat up has learned any valuable life lesson other than to steer clear of you. The violence and inability to handle and deal with the situation in a civil way remains.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Same here, never read or watched what YouSir is promoting.
edit on 01CST12America/Chicago023121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Those are only your perceived life lessons, so sure own them. But it is arrogant to assume the person you beat up has learned any valuable life lesson other than to steer clear of you. The violence and inability to handle and deal with the situation in a civil way remains.

AGAIN. I am not saying this is the first response....at all. This is a last resort that should happen after all civil responses have failed. Which, happens more times that you are willing to admit.

But, you keep your arrogant head in the sand, and continue to think you know more about the male experience than actual males because you talked to men and heard "expert" spout on about what is "right". Experts, I may add, that are hired to advocate that exact approach to protect the legal health of the organization that pays their salary.

Yes, by all mean believe them over someone that experiences the situation first-hand. To you that is more valuable since it does not threaten your ego.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Ummm...ohhhhh...struck a nerve huh...you must have read the whole series...

And liked it...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

AGAIN. I am not saying this is the first response....at all. This is a last resort that should happen after all civil responses have failed. Which, happens more times that you are willing to admit.

But, you keep your arrogant head in the sand, and continue to think you know more about the male experience than actual males because you talked to men and heard "expert" spout on about what is "right". Experts, I may add, that are hired to advocate that exact approach to protect the legal health of the organization that pays their salary.

Yes, by all mean believe them over someone that experiences the situation first-hand. To you that is more valuable since it does not threaten your ego.

I have first-hand experience, but you keep deflecting. Your experience is not every other man's experience.

As I said before, the lawmakers make laws that the people want, ergo, society deems physical assault to be wrong, illegal and so there you have it.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Lame response - don't keep trying YouSir.
edit on 01CST12America/Chicago030121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I have first-hand experience, but you keep deflecting. Your experience is not every other man's experience.

As I said before, the lawmakers make laws that the people want, ergo, society deems physical assault to be wrong, illegal and so there you have it.

Please tell me when you were a little boy being bullied, and were forced to fight back. Then the two of you became lifelong friends to this day. Tell me about your first-hand experience as a little boy....please. This I have to hear.

Anything less is NOT first-hand experience not matter how hard you try to make it so....never.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Same here, never read or watched what YouSir is promoting.

Ummm...I know...right...that’s why romance/erotica books are the largest selling genre of books...by a factor of 10...

Guess what...their target audience isn’t men...much less toxically masculine men...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

"Fifty Shades of Grey has topped best-seller lists around the world, selling over 125 million copies worldwide by June 2015" but yet no one has read it or knows anyone that has. Hmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Please tell me when you were a little boy being bullied, and were forced to fight back. Then the two of you became lifelong friends to this day. Tell me about your first-hand experience as a little boy....please. This I have to hear.

Anything less is NOT first-hand experience not matter how hard you try to make it so....never.

I was considered a tom boy, one day while at the park on the swing, a boy came up grabbed the two swing chains and told me if I didn't get off the swing he would beat me up. I kicked him in the nuts and when he fell under me I kicked him in the head. He was saved by the Park Trainer and banned from the park for two weeks. When he returned he decided he loved me.

Some boys considered me one of them and acted accordingly, to their demise.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

"Fifty Shades of Grey has topped best-seller lists around the world, selling over 125 million copies worldwide by June 2015" but yet no one has read it or knows anyone that has. Hmmmmmmmmm

Well, we don't here is all we are saying. Do you have the exact stats as to which gender (incl. trans) that bought those books?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join