It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and UFO's don't cease to exist because of our modern Technology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

You are probably right, That is something I have always considered a likely possibility

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Just because an alien civilization has the ability to travel to another star system does not mean they are superior, and by extension negate our earthly technology. It could mean they are more advanced in certain areas, namely interstellar propulsion.

Some of the theories behind the Roswell crash revolved around the US testing high powered radar systems. One theory is this system brought down the craft and over the years was used in such a manner.

The other thing to consider is the effect of lower technology on advanced alien technology. As an example sensor technology and advanced alien propulsion developed in such a manner that the technology we use on earth today was not a consideration for the aliens since its possible they never developed the technology in question or advanced beyond it so far that it never came up in the design studies for this alien technology.

Our technology does not negate alien existence or an alien presence on earth. To claim that it does ignores the fact that technology research and development for alien civilizations also moves forward. No doubt they would see our technology and develop counter measure to mitigate / negate our advances.

The one area that is a grey zone would be cloaking technology. As we (humans) advance in technology the world keeps getting smaller and smaller. As our population grows and expands out into the surrounding land / wilderness etc more people are looking up, increasing the odds of seeing something that is not earth based. Absent some kind of cloaking system it forces ET to develop a new approach, say like entering over the ocean and the using the ocean to move to diminish detection.

At some point though the governments on this planet will have to face reality that the existence of extraterrestrial life cant be completely concealed using solely earth based technology. We also must take into account the motives of the aliens who are present and what they want.

Without government-alien cooperation you are going to see more and more military incidents arising out of countries who may not be in the alien loop but have sufficiently advanced military systems to start posing a threat to the aliens.

My personal belief is we are not alone and are being visited by ET. I believe we have been visited by ET going back to our antiquity. Given our planet is so much more interconnected with media, the internet, joint scientific programs coupled with the brookings report on how to handle ET existence I come to one conclusion.

It is impossible for a government to determine if the people are ready for the reality of not being alone in the universe. The only way to get an accurate reading would be to slowly introduce the people over time to that idea. Start with the media (tv / movies/radio / etc). You then move into space exploration of the planets in this solar system. In between you let the media report on incidents that would be viewed as potentially extraterrestrial in nature.

Eventually this slow buildup will result in the population starting to demand more and more information on the ET topic. That buildup will eventually result in a tipping point where the population will start demanding more and more info, forcing the government to come clean.

That, in my personal opinion, is the time line we are currently on. The government will know its time to pull back the curtain when the people start accusing the government of coverups.

As for the US military the explanation I keep seeing is they are about 50 years ahead in terms of technology that the civilian side is at. If our government is not aware of ET then our technology is not relevant to the question asked.

It all really comes down to one quote that I think fits -

[ex
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

In my opinion we are not alone and there is an ET presence on Earth.
edit on 15-1-2019 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Sabrechucker
[ex
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
― Arthur C. Clarke

Yeah, well, maybe to Mr. Clarke. I'm cool with it. I already ignore billions of people and other life forms on this very planet. Ignoring entire planets full of living beings or creatures isn't that much more of an effort.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Totally agree, Great read

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
sorry no aliens in thousands of light years
ETH has been debunked years ago

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

sorry no aliens in thousands of light years
ETH has been debunked years ago

Is that a scientific fact?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Here lies my frustration with ATS, Sheer amounts of people who ridicule, Shill and God knows who else comes here probably on the payroll of some intelligence agency.

They spread uncertainty and doubt on the topic so WE DO lose interest, Making discussing this content SO FRUSTRATING that we just give up.

Sorry but I know what I saw and so does my wife and a myriad of others in my life.

No such thing as Aliens you say? Easy for you to say when it never happened to you.

Sure the majority of things can be explained away but even if 1% is legitimate UFO evidence, Doesn't that make it worth it to study? Or are you so opposed to the idea ET's may exist that you deny it out of hand?

If you do not wish to believe there is such a thing as aliens visiting or existing in general, Why discuss this subject at all? You won't change our minds one bit.

UFO sightings are still common and this time everyone has a Camera in the form of a smart phone, Sure we have to seperate the wheat from the chaff (Out right fakes, Misidentification and unknowns) but you can't dismiss everything out of hand.

Many of the unknowns may be US Government projects but going back in history no all can be attributed to human activitiy and event ancient people and differieniate a natural phenomena from a "Flying metal shield in the sky" or whatever colorful discription ancient people would think of.

And how would you explain the numerous sightings of actual beings? My wife included.

If you chose to give in to cognitive dissonance I suggest you don't derail discussions about it on a board dedicated to it, We welcome a skeptical eye to debunk video or photographic evidence but people who dismiss it completely do NOT contribute to the discussion of this subject.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrOuNd_ZeRo
Here lies my frustration with ATS, Sheer amounts of people who ridicule, Shill and God knows who else comes here probably on the payroll of some intelligence agency.

I get a check from the Federal Bureau of Skeptibunking (and Firearms).

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GrOuNd_ZeRo

Amen

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I look out and I see an immense solar system, all "ours" for the taking. Beyond that I see a lot of territory and resources that will eventually be human owned, and beyond that? Well, once we spread out far enough, we will effectively be aliens to one another.

Depressing and boring? Not a chance. We stand on the precipice of an amazing adventure, millions of years long. The sooner we get to it, the better.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

we do. One must be awfully naive to look into the night sky, and believe it's all their for our viewing pleasure.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
We all know that there IS something 'out there', and aliens seem to be the popular interpretation of this.

It may well be what they are, but with all the real odd stuff connected to the phenomena, it could be something totally different, happy to have us believe it's from another planet.

Interdimensional, time travelers, even an unknown/invisible form of life that has existed since the beginning of time are also possibilities. No point in locking in one particular point of view when we have little proof of any of the above

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

I think you should write a book, call it sci-fi but load it up with everything you know. It would blow away the writings of most sci-fi writers because of the frame of reference from which the story is told.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Great input by all. I guess my main question is, due to the amount of terrestrial craft we know is in our skies these days, why abandon the extraterrestrial angle. I think our presence is an indication that we are fighting harder against "them"
edit on 15-1-2019 by Sabrechucker because: edit

edit on 15-1-2019 by Sabrechucker because: REd wine typo

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Dimensions Dimensions.. are we doing this now? 100 years ago or a 100 years from now.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Dude your definitely an alien, you write the book.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

If extraterrestrial life exists in our neck of the Milky Way, how would we make our presence known to one another? Could we just shoot a massive, unmistakable signal out into space? As it turns out, this wild-sounding idea could actually be carried out with current and developing technologies. A new MIT study found that by shining a powerful laser through a gigantic telescope, humans could produce a beam of infrared radiation detectable from 20,000 light-years away. A feasibility study on the concept was published in the The Astrophysical Journal on November 5. As part of a project for one of MIT’s Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics classes, graduate student James Clark wanted to see if we could make ourselves visible to aliens as they hunt for nearby life. And what better way than by projecting a massive beam of infrared radiation into the sky? “The kinds of lasers and telescopes that are being built today can produce a detectable signal, so that an astronomer could take one look at our star and immediately see something unusual about its spectrum. I don’t know if intelligent creatures around the sun would be their first guess, but it would certainly attract further attention,” said Clark in a press release. Massive Scopes In order to produce an infrared beam that stands out from the Sun, Clark estimates it would need to be about 10 times stronger than the Sun’s natural infrared emissions. To create such a powerful signal, he toyed with different combinations of telescopes and megawatt lasers. According to his calculations, aiming a 2-megawatt laser through a 30-meter telescope would create an SOS that could easily be seen by astronomers on Proxima Centauri b, which orbits the closest star to Earth at just four light-years away. And if we fashioned a 1-megawatt laser to 45-meter telescope, astronomers in TRAPPIST-1, a system of exoplanets about 40 light-years away, could clearly detect our signal. Clark estimates that both of these emissions could theoretically be seen from up to 20,000 light-years away. The technology to build such a system is still a bit out of reach, though. According to Clark, the proposed laser’s power is equivalent to that of the U.S. Air Force’s Airborne Laser, a now-retired mechanism designed to shoot ballistic missiles out of the sky — a far cry from your everyday laser pointer. And the largest telescope on the market today, the Gran Telescopio Canarias in the Canary Islands, stretches just over 10 meters in diameter. More massive telescopes are being developed, though, with construction underway for both the 24-meter Giant Magellan Telescope and the 40-meter European Extremely Large Telescope. More Pitfalls

The funny part is, we have found them here on Earth, longgg ago. they are part of our culture/"government. Why all the hub bud about this

www.astronomy.com...
edit on 15-1-2019 by Sabrechucker because: link

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If any of you ever actually saw a bonified UFO sitting above the tree top right in front of you then youd stop all this nonsense. I saw one close up, so did my wife and saw how it can power up and take off and do maneuvers then power back down and cruise with no sound. Funny thing is, its not the greatest thing in the world when its that close.... It scares the crap out of you.

All you can do is sit there in its presence and your mind cant comprehend what you are seeing. It trys to deny what you are seeing because our minds want to put everything we see into a nice and tidy little box and it cant. You dont sit there hoping it lands so you can meet the guys driving it...you feel like your being hunted and want to get the hell out of there. Its not a pleasant feeling at all.

When you actually see one up close, this site becomes kind of ridiculous all the bickering and people saying they dont really exist. I hope someday all of you can see one up close, it would open up alot of the closed minds on here.
edit on 15-1-2019 by saltlick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

The Guardian.. I know. However it does hit a nerve.

In Lehman's terms, people are afraid to say i saw a UFO.

Yes the sky's are polluted with "human Tech"

which makes it harder for us UFO watchers.

Which means we outta step it up a notch, before all the lights we see
are debunked as Flare shows, Chinese "frigin" lanters ( at 19,000 feet)
and the ever so silly...parachuters with flares.

It's all people jumping out of planes with flares stuck in their backside..nothing to see here

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: saltlick

I saw one near blowing rock N.C. (Grand father mountain area)I lived in Charlotte N.C at the time. Me and some friends went camping. I was gathering firewood around dusk (sober) I noticed a Blue ball down in the valley, I watched it for a bit..confused. It then Came closer to my position, and I felt overwhelming sadness/grief although I was in a good place prior.
It shot off (rather slowly actually) It changed my world.

ETA: since that day I cannot say for certain I have had a true "encounter" many things have made me go Hmmm. But I often ask myself why, why there,why then, and why did it induce a feeling of sadness upon me. weird Shi* my friend
edit on 15-1-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join