It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. proposes to allow drone operation at night, over people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The Trump administration on Monday proposed rules that would allow drones to operate over populated areas and end a requirement for special permits for night use, long-awaited actions that are expected to help speed commercial use of small unmanned aerial vehicles in the United States.

The proposals, drafted by the Federal Aviation Administration of the U.S. Transportation Department, come amid concerns about dangers that drones potentially pose to aircraft and populated areas.

The chance of a drone crashing into you or an aircraft at night will be more likely if these new rules are passed. On the other hand you could get a pizza delivered and not have to tip a driver.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

The drones will be equipped with tranquilizing dart guns to shoot non-tippers.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

warning: a terrible programming joke incoming

i don't know about that.
i understand most programs have a file full of drivers. they may want to be tipped.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Yeah this will never pass, keep your damn air delivery pizza my privacy is more important. They really are dull if they think this will fly with all the regulations they themselves put on civilian drones.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

The Trump administration on Monday proposed rules that would allow drones to operate over populated areas and end a requirement for special permits for night use, long-awaited actions that are expected to help speed commercial use of small unmanned aerial vehicles in the United States.

The proposals, drafted by the Federal Aviation Administration of the U.S. Transportation Department, come amid concerns about dangers that drones potentially pose to aircraft and populated areas.

The chance of a drone crashing into you or an aircraft at night will be more likely if these new rules are passed. On the other hand you could get a pizza delivered and not have to tip a driver.

Why not? We are already flying them in broad daylight here in Dearborn...and some residents have asked DHS to stop droning over their homes everyday. Even though it only a single one.

A few times daily one can see them banking in and out of and over the city limits btwn here and the city of Detroit. And they are not delivering anything.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Just think of the opportunity options for pirate drones to hijack the pizza delivery drones and make off with the cargo.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I would rather tip a driver, the amount of impending automation is going to be a raw deal for a lot of folk.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This could be the beginnings of a Civil Drone War!

My bet is Jeff Bezos will lose a lot of drones!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

Or just hack the drone and land it at your house. You could build up a fleet of drones as long as you know how to disable the tracking.

edit on 15-1-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

top topics

join