It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Government Employees Working For Free is a Hyped-up LIE.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
To everyone who thinks this is unfair for the unpaid....

This has a potential to happen EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!!!!

Why would you take a job that has this kind of potential issue?

What's that phrase? ....They should have known what they signed up for. Why is this any different?

I give zero ...... pity to those not getting an instant paycheck with their super benefits for a job that has ZERO guarantee for pay each and every year. Why is that so hard to fathom? I don't see the issue here. Would those people stand up for me if my job field went under? They wouldn't give 2 ..... pities about it because they simply wouldn't give a damn.... And MY job doesn't have the potential to shut down at the end of every single damn year. MY JOB has the potential to shut down for good any old day of the week, depending on what some foreign country decides to do with their oil supply.

Don't wanna lose money in the stock market? Don't play stocks...

Don't wanna get heart disease eating fast food? Don't go to Mickey D's.

Yeah... I got it. I know what I signed up for. Wasn't that the BS that was thrown in our face a handful of years ago when the oil market went bust?

Thought so...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: carewemust
January 14, 2019
In reality, some people are only paid once a month, and others, even less frequently. But eventually, their agreed upon compensation is received.

-CareWeMust

Omg, you're so full of it, I don't think you even believe your own crap any more. Or it's hard to keep the lies all square with so many of them being thrown at us?

Why didn't you look up the laws before you lied to us about this?

Department of Labor

Even less frequently than a month? According to the federal law, no payments can take longer than 30 days. Most States enforce more rigorous standards, such as no more than 12 to 16 days.

Stop trying to lie to us to fit your preconceived bias into a cute little propaganda package. I've simply had enough with the amount of disinformation being allowed on here on ATS. It's like no one is working here, checking this stuff and moderating for propaganda. Free for all.

OP doesn't care. They started the thread to rile up the rabid Trump base and then dumped it 5 pages ago. They aren't here for discussion, they are here for an echo chamber.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: carewemust

Your post is a slap in the face to everyone facing problems because of this shutdown.

I know a TSA worker that is at the point that he can't go into work because he is running out of money for transportation.

www.glassdoor.com...

Starting pay for a TSA "officer" is roughly $40k/year. If your "friend" can't put gas in his car after missing two paychecks, he needs to revisit his budgeting strategy.

Can I make the suggestion that like myself...NONE OF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT THE 1/10TH OF 1% OF WORKERS IN THIS COUNTRY THAT HAVE MISSED A MONTH OF PAY.

The rights of a million or so workers not getting paid do not trump (te-he) the rights of the other 360 MILLION citizens who are being forced to pay for illegal immigrants in so many ways. Monetary, the loss of life, the strain on the schools and prisons...the list goes on.

Sometimes in history, many people had to go through hardships to right a wrong. Imagine if the men fighting for the north during the Civil War had decided to stop fighting because they weren't getting paid or getting proper food. How different would the world be if the people of the United States hadn't went through YEARS of hardship during WW2?

You folks need to realize that missing a few paychecks in no way compares to the sacrifices that have been made in history for you to even be typing on this board.

If you truly care about people that have had no check for a month, then donate some of your own money to them...or adopt an illegal. Libs are so quick to point out the "flaws" of most anything but slow to actually do anything about it besides blame Trump.

So for the record, I care as much about 800k employees missing some pay about as much as those same employees would care if I was the one missing pay.

edit on 17-1-2019 by MrBuddy because: rw

edit on 17-1-2019 by MrBuddy because: rw

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Please try to avoid victim blaming in the future.

I have never in my life blamed a victim for being a victim.

The problem is, what you are trying to portray as victims, are victims only of their own lack of will, laziness and/or short-sightedness.

Portraying people like this as victims only demeans real victims, like rape victims, assault/battery/robbery victims, etc.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

uh huh.

"I don't blame victims. Except for these lazy idiots."

Tell us again how you don't blame people.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
a reply to: carewemust

Ya know, you and a few others have completely overtaken this website and turned it into your own conservative sh++ show. It’s a sad thing really...

Your post inspired me to login and give you a Star!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Wow. The mental gymnastics routine some of you put on is impressively delusional.

"Workers should know it's a risk of the job that the government can shutdown. It's their fault for not anticipating it."

Do you really not know how ridiculous you sound? By your logic no one should accept a job ever because you should expect to be fired, laid off, downsized, employed by an Enron-ish corporation, etc. Should we also stop paying death benefits for police officers cause before entering the academy they should just expect to be killed on duty?

Deny ignorance my butthole

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

uh huh.

"I don't blame victims. Except for these lazy idiots."

Tell us again how you don't blame people.

Move the goalposts much?

I don't blame victims (real/actual victims) for being victims.

I do blame people for their own bad choices/mistakes.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Do you really not know how ridiculous you sound? By your logic no one should accept a job ever because you should expect to be fired, laid off, downsized, employed by an Enron-ish corporation, etc. Should we also stop paying death benefits for police officers cause before entering the academy they should just expect to be killed on duty?

Deny ignorance my butthole

Gibberish much?

No one said anything about not taking a job because you might not get paid (or get fired/laid off, etc).

However, I would apply the same logic to anyone, not just government workers - expect the unexpected, or from my Coast Guard days, 'Semper peratus' (Always be prepared).

But, government employees apparently have even less room to complain, if what has been stated here is true - do they actually have to sign something acknowledging that this could happen? If so, then double-shame on them for not being prepared.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Um try even the top of this page :

originally posted by: StallionDuck
To everyone who thinks this is unfair for the unpaid....

This has a potential to happen EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!!!!

Why would you take a job that has this kind of potential issue?

What's that phrase? ....They should have known what they signed up for. Why is this any different?

Go back to the beginning of the thread and you'll find plenty of posts with a similar attitude of "should've known better, should've expected this, blah blah blah its your fault for working for the government".

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Go back to the beginning of the thread and you'll find plenty of posts with a similar attitude of "should've known better, should've expected this, blah blah blah its your fault for working for the government".

Yes, I know, I've read them and agree with them.

So... your point is...?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join