It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unadvanced Alien Civilizations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is just a quick thought, but what if we found an alien civilzation before they found any other race or any other race found them. Just think, we would be their first alien contact, what kind of an example would we set for them. How would people on Earth react if this civilization we found was not advanced but just coming into their own like we have over the past 100 years. They would pose no threat since they do not have the technology to reach us nor harm us.

Just a thought, any opinions appreciated.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What would be cooler is if humans land on a world with a primitive society we could be considered gods. Like they build a golden shrine to Skeptic Overlord.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
With our technology we'd be considered gods, espically if they were cave dwellars using spears and crude axes. Imagine that, they'd probably paint about our existence on cave walls, pass down the tales verbally and even create a religion based on us!

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If we encountered an undeveloped civilization, we'd probably treat them like other unfortunates on this planet. Im sure we'd exploit them.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
sadly we would probably exploit them just like man has done to every other less advanced civilisation down through time.

You mean as in slavery and the such? I doubt it considering how many left-wingers we got in the US alone.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris

Originally posted by Terapin
sadly we would probably exploit them just like man has done to every other less advanced civilisation down through time.

You mean as in slavery and the such? I doubt it considering how many left-wingers we got in the US alone.

Yeah, but who's running the country right now? The Conservative right.

And yes, us humans have a tendancy to take advantage of those that are different.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Hmm.. hey, if we found that there is a anicent E.T race, i will going to fly a spaceship there and have them make me as the god of a religion

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I always find this talk of alien civilisations really amusing, especially with regard to what people think it will be like.

Imagine an identical planet to Earth but with no humans.
If you humans were to land on this Earth, how many species would worship you as Gods?
How many would be able to be classed as having civilisation?
How many species would humans be able to communicate with? (Even after many many years humans cannot communicate with any of the species on our planet, let alone a species from another planet.)

This is the big problem with all this alien talk. They are always judged by human or Earth standards.

Anyhow, if we came across human like civilisation we'd probably just monitor it from a distance and enjoy their successes and failures with them.
If it was animal or plant life we'd probably sample it to see if we could use it for anything. And if we could, then it would be full scale harvesting.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
With all the resources of our planet slowly being depleted we would probobly rape their planet of their resources and call it manifest destiny until their resources are expended, or since our earth is slowly falling apart due to global warming we would use their planet as a "backup site" in case things got too bad. It's really sad if you think about it, how little human rights fits into politics

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
if them were found first by white people, they might be enslaved...

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedHare

Now, now. White people didn't invent slavery. Read your Bible. It's full of very practical advice about how to best treat your slaves.

But, actually, I think if we discovered a less-developed alien culture, I suppose we'd do what we usually do. Isolate them and study them, to see if we can by comparison gain any "insight" into our own culture and its development.

Unless they're Communists, anyway. Then they're toast.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedHare

Only if we were certain that any warring tribes would sell them to us for a cheap price.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Lol. Some ATS people have a very limited definition of 'white'. But I guess that goes with the territory here.

I agree with Timmah, aliens are largely alien. So the first thing you would have to ask is how we would measure 'advanced'.

Imagine we landed on a planet where the lifeforms did not appear to communicate with each other in any way, let alone us, yet they worked in perfect synchronization to create complex structures and even machine-like implements.

How would we quantify their advancement?

But anyways,m if we came across humanoid Star-trek like Greek-mask-play-gone-silly aliens with a primitive society, we would probably wax and wane in public forums about how we were going to take care of our space bretheren, and then proceed to use, abuse, and kill them.

I'm just basing this on our past 1,000 years of history. I have no reason to believe our future behavior will differ from our past behavior.

new topics

top topics

join