It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian air traffic controllers buy pizza for US colleagues hit by US government shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I thought this was just a nice light hearted offbeat story, something different from all the doom and gloom partisan political news stories I tend to find myself reading anyway.

Good old Canadians yeah?

Stepping up and just doing a little something as a sign of support for their American mates, who are facing the incredibly stressful reality of not getting there pay this month.

Canadian air traffic controllers have bought hundreds of pizzas for their American counterparts over the past few days in what has become an industry-wide show of support during the US Government's partial shutdown.

Peter Duffey, the head of the Canadian Air Traffic Control Association, said Sunday initiative began on Thursday when employees at Edmonton's control centre took up a collection to buy pies for controllers in Anchorage, Alaska. Other facilities across Canada decided to join in, and the idea snowballed.

"The next thing we knew, our members were buying pizzas left, right and centre for the colleagues in the US," Mr Duffey said."As it stands right now, I believe we're up to 36 facilities that have received pizza from Canada, and that number is growing by the hour."

abc.com.au

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Thanks, Canada!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

"I told them we wanted pepperoni and bacon, and it got here with pepperoni and ham, WTF?!?!?!"

All kidding a side, the Canadians live up to their reputation of being outstanding and wonderful people.

Side question, if they have Papa John's up there, instead of the garlic "butter", does it come with maple syrup to dip your crust in?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They're just so nice all the time.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So, the Canadians are trying to poison our air traffic controllers by feeding them very unhealthy food. One thing pizza does do, it makes you happy and dopey at the same time, all that tyramine chemistry coupled with the tomato chemistry that stops the enzymes that break down the tyramines is so good. Yeah, air traffic controllers should not be eating dope that messes up your thinking....oh well they will all be chuckling at the near misses and mistakes. The only thing stronger than pizza ummami it pizza with beer.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Pizza? Give them some money.

Thats what they need lol.

I like Canadian TV.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Aw, thanks guys. You people are alright.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Maybe you are my buddy, guy.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I'm Canadian and to be honest I am embarrassed by our tv shows...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I dont watch any of your shows.

But I like the fact that your regular channels dont edit curse words ,nudity and violence on the movies.

You cant watch a movie here unless its on cable

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

What? Even #t's Creek?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I watched Corner Gas once, couldn't stop laughing.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Never look a gift horse in the mouth. I think it was a nice gesture of comradely. Canadians really are some good people.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Awww, sweet and thoughtful gesture.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Corner gas is the only good show that has come out of our TV. But it seems the producers and production company's take a shot gun approach on TV and just make tons of shows until one catches on. And they all have this, strange Canadian TV feel to them, it's awkward.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Once again, our human popsicle cousins to the north proving they're still the better, kinder folks around the neighborhood

Honest to god, I just don't see the reverse ever happening if it ever came to it. I can't picture Americans (ATC or otherwise) ever thinking beyond their own self-imposed center of the universe long enough to consider having meals sent to their Canadian job counterparts. Sounds pessimistic/dickish, but it's what we are down here.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

a reply to: InTheLight

Corner gas is the only good show that has come out of our TV. But it seems the producers and production company's take a shot gun approach on TV and just make tons of shows until one catches on. And they all have this, strange Canadian TV feel to them, it's awkward.

I would guess that that 'feel' would be Canadians acting in a stereotypical view.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yeah, we need more gestures like these, all round.

top topics

join