It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone understand ASMR videos?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: ketsuko
I hear too much. I tried listening again and didn't like it. None of those sounds in regular life are too bad, but put in the video like they are is just too much.

I don't like a lot of those sounds in real life either. I can take the wood blocks, but not the chewing or tapping or crunching. No no no!

Thing is that the way those sounds were presented in that video seemed ... refined, like those sounds were distilled. Against ordinary background noise, they aren't too bad.

But I'm the kind of person who hates it at work because it's too quiet. The hum from the clock on the wall gets distracting.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: InTheLight

Yeah, I crack da bubble rap.

A couple of times we unleashed a roll in the hallway, on the floor.
Then launched each other down the length, on rolling office chairs. All the individual pops seemed to blend into a single sound.

I do like the sound of a car on a gravel road too, like Olaru12 mentioned..

One video has a man wrapped up in bubble wrap and he is rolling around the kitchen floor.
It goes beyond creating a sound at that point.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I watch a lot of ASMR vids and I'm certainly not young. Nor do I get the impression that it's just the young who watch/listen to them, any more than it's just the young who visit youtube.

Some are good and some are annoying and some are weird, you have to shop around.

They are basically relaxation tapes, hardly a novel concept.

When you were a child going to sleep and your parents were around, didn't they whisper to not disturb you?

Didn't you find that soothing?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Wow someone else who didn’t know wtf ASMR is.

Last night the wife fell asleep on the couch beside me.
I didn’t want to wake her up so I plugged my Astro headset into my Xbox Controller and watched some YouTube videos.
After watching a video on alien abduction the next video that played was an ASMR role play alien video.
Wtf is this I thought. And for some reason I let it play cuz the girl in the video was cute.
20 minutes in and I’m feeling the most relaxed I have in a very long time.

My daughter walks in the living room and was like oh your watching ASMR.
I said ya wth is it?
She gave me a break down that it makes you sleepy sometimes or gives you tingles.

I’ve watched like 5 videos now today so far.
If you get into it, it fricken works.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It's all about feelings these days, and the snowflakes LUVZ they feelz.

Based on what I know about perception, cognition, and how the brain works, I think it has a lot to do with sounds originally heard when in the womb. The sounds in these vids tickle the nerves in such a way that it mentally turns some people back into unborn infants.

"Go to my SAFE place! Go to my SAFE place!"

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join