It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damming classified report on USS Fitzgerald collision released

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ring-knockers Protection Agency strikes again.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Wow! Talk about stepping on your crank with golf shoes.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Like I told a buddy, what better way to protect them than to screw up the investigation.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
If the CNO did indeed deliberately choose to feign incompetence and botch the investigations in order to protect the sailors under his command, I suppose that's quite noble in its own way.

If that's what actually happened, at least.

I'm not so sure.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

When it comes to the leadership, in any high ranking capacity, I'm cynical enough to attribute to malice what might be simple incompetence.

Either way you slice it though, this moron shouldn't be in the position he is. He's either deliberately screwed an investigation to protect someone, or he was too stupid to keep his damn mouth shut.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Surely some one below him with legal knowledge should have told him to shut his mouth and explained the consequences

“Excuse me sir with all due respect. But you need to stop saying and implying the guilt. Or the case could get thrown out. You need to remain impartial”

Then again after reading that article that was posted about the events of the crash... I’m not so sure
edit on 13-4-2019 by blackbird9393 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Too busy to leave CIC even for a few minutes. From the sound of things there were only a few fully qualified people in there so they probably didn't dare leave, even for a few minutes.

I used piss bottles in the desert, with 200 yard walk in the cold a piss bottle in the middle of the night was handy. I remember on DDGs there were no public bath rooms so if I had to go I went down 5 sets of stairs and worked my way to the other end of the boat... sucked.

Having them stacked up is wierd...We would dump ASAP anytime we did this, anything else is kind of gross.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Fitzgerald is back in the water in Mississippi.

news.usni.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

that's I suppose one way to look at it...

I'd be a little worried though if the chief of navy operations is that incompetent, or so owned by the ring-knockers that he dares do nothing less than fubar the investigation.

either way, so not impressed.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The McCain repairs suffered a setback, when it was found that the port shaft is out of alignment. During testing excessive vibration was found in that shaft. It appears that it might just be the shaft bearings, as they're saying she'll be ready to test in October.

Fitzgerald appears to be on track to return next summer. They had to cut part of the superstructure off and replace it to ensure radar alignment and fix the issues it was suffering because of the misalignment.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Fitz left the yard Monday heading out for sea trials after her repairs.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
McCain is also at sea performing systems testing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join