It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian 707 crashes into residential area

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

its someone's fault.

when was the last time american airlines was directed to a runway 2/3 the original runways length?" when was the last time the AF made such a blunder?

it just seems like allot of places that aren't really known for amazing training practices seem to be having accidents more and more.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Have you read the thread beyond the OP?

A C-17 landed in Florida at the wrong airport that was barely long enough for them to stop and takeoff with a minimal fuel load.

Boeing Dreamlifter landed at Jabara instead of McConnell, which has a 6000 foot runway.

A scheduled Delta flight to Rapid City landed at Ellsworth AFB.

American Airlines tried to land at the wrong airport in Fort Meyers.

Southwest landed at M. Graham Clark Downtown Airport instead of Branson.

None of these were directed to land at those airports any more than this flight was directed to land at Fath. Every one of them misidentified the airport they were bound for with another airport that was close to their destination, and had similar runway headings.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

no i didn't read past the first post, i was in my car passing time.

i will concede to your points, but there have been a lot of overseas carriers that seem to be in the news lately for more than just an 'oopsie" moment.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Penroc I know you later conceded some of Zaphods points so I'm not hammering you but to bring issue with a couple of things you brought up. What you said in general I dont have a problem with as we have recently seen with a number of dubious developing world carriers. However its pretty ridiculous to blame the Iranians here on two counts.

First, they aren't stupid backwater hicks with no idea (unlike some notorious operators/countries), they are highly educated and have been running a sophisticated aviation system for decades, mostly with difficult restrictions placed upon them from outside. Second, and to expand on the first, its a bit rich to complain they screwed up when they are forced by sanctions to operate ancient airliners with severe restrictions on spare parts and no current option to upgrade until at least after Trumps tenure is finished. They signed for and were willing to take 100's of new western aircraft and were denied all but a few just as deliveries were close to starting. It is entirely probable this incident was caused by high cockpit workload due to the geriatric nature of the airframes involved.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

no worries

Iran and their AF have done amazing things keeping their american made fighter aircraft and legacy weapon systems going with homemade parts.

i shouldn't have made a sweeping statement like i did, BUT(there's always a but), from first hand experience some of the middle eastern forces can be a little rag-tag and very Laissez-faire in upholding good SOP.

of course there are amazing pilots all over the world but if they aren't trained very well things happen, no matter where they are from.

i would rather fly with Iran then say malaysia

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

What's wrong with Malaysian? One is still a mystery about what happened and their other loss was not their fault at all.
edit on 21-1-2019 by Woody510 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

no reason other than they seemed jinxed

top topics

<< 1   >>

join