It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right wing domestic terrorism

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

why was Unite the Right organized by neo-Nazi, neo-Confederate, and white supremacist groups? Why do they so often support Right Wing candidates?

Maybe because they value liberty, but for different reasons (so they can spew their vile crap)? So I guess they are at least smart enough to recognize that they will lose more of their freedoms under leftists than rightists.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Seven pages in, I'm gonna go out on a limb here.

This was a experiment done by OP. My guess is they got what they had expected, and rather than refute the position OP sneakily held, they (targeted audience) validated it.
edit on 14-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

This was a experiment done by OP. My guess is they got what they had expected, and rather than refute the position OP sneakily held, they validated it.

maybe.....

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

This was a experiment done by OP. My guess is they got what they had expected, and rather than refute the position OP sneakily held, they validated it.

maybe.....
Maybe what? Care to explain yourself?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

So there is no state-sponsored terrorism?

Actually, the dictionary definition of terrorism used to use the words to the effect of 'usually committed by states'.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'd dwell on totalitarianism first and you'd be deemed to realize, that Stalin wasn't exactly a leftwinger by any definition.

“Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining it.”

Hannah Arendt

That was for political gain and fits well within one of the definitions for terrorism, using violence and intimidation for ideological gain.

This must be a Patriot Act topic with the difference, that islamist terrorists are not the "good people from both sides", who would be addressed during glorious speeches.
I think you're missing something here, something orange with a brown brush. But we'll get there eventually.

a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

U.S. Law Enforcement Failed to See the Threat

Ooops... just good old incompetent tax-dollars at work. No state terror to see here! Good thing this isn't a conspiracy site, amirite?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I got one more for our 'but the left did the same too...'

Anders Behring Breivik (right-wing-terrorist) killed 77 people (mostly kids). And no, he wasn't a lefty and the kids were from the democratic 'Workers' Youth League (AUF) - because of that, he killed them.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There is no denying the thrust of the OP, and that Right-Wing terrorism is on the rise throughout the world, particularly in the US and other OECD countries. Right-wing, often racist terrorism should be confronted at every turn.

Far-right terrorism is a growing concern. The number of deaths from terrorism associated with far-right groups and individuals has increased from three in 2014, to 17 in 2017.

Elsewhere, the threat of far-right political terrorism is on the rise. There were 66 deaths from terrorism caused by far-right groups and individuals from 113 attacks for the years from 2013 to 2017. Of those, 17 deaths and 47 attacks occurred in 2017 alone. In Western Europe, there were 12 attacks in the UK, six in Sweden, and two each in Greece and France. In the US, there were 30 attacks in 2017 which resulted in 16 deaths. The majority of attacks were carried out by lone actors with far-right, white nationalist, or anti-Muslim beliefs.

Global Terrorism Index 2018

Nonetheless, it pales in comparison to Islamic Terrorism and even Communist (left-wing) terrorism, each of which, in 2017 alone, delivered a higher body count than all of the right-wing attacks over the past 4 years combined.

Despite severe territorial and financial losses, Islamic State remained the deadliest terrorist group in 2017, even though deaths attributed to the group fell by 52 per cent from the prior year.

Al-Shabaab committed the deadliest attack of 2017, which killed 587 people. In Egypt, the Islamic State Sinai Province carried out the second deadliest attack, which killed 311 people.

The deadliest group in India is the country’s communist party – The Communist Party of India (Maoists). Maoists were responsible for 205 deaths and 190 terror incidents in India, or 53 per cent of deaths in 2017.

edit on 14-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

When Fighting Domestic Terrorism, You Get What You Pay For The Trump administration has gutted the budget for fighting far-right extremists, making it harder to stop attacks like the Pittsburgh massacre.Source This article discusses all domestic terrorism.

Another source:
Trump Shut Programs to Counter Violent Extremism The administration has hobbled the infrastructure designed to prevent atrocities like Pittsburgh.Source

In the waning days of Barack Obama’s administration, the Department of Homeland Security awarded a set of grants to organizations working to counter violent extremism, including among white supremacists. One of the grantees was Life After Hate, which The Hill has called “one of the only programs in the U.S. devoted to helping people leave neo-Nazi and other white supremacy groups.” Another grant went to researchers at the University of North Carolina who were helping young people develop media campaigns aimed at preventing their peers from embracing white supremacy and other violent ideologies. But soon after Trump took office, his administration canceled both of these grants. In its first budget, it requested no funding for any grants in this field.

OK. Conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
There is no denying the thrust of the OP, and that Right-Wing terrorism is on the rise throughout the world, particularly in the US and other OECD countries. Right-wing, often racist terrorism should be confronted at every turn.

Far-right terrorism is a growing concern. The number of deaths from terrorism associated with far-right groups and individuals has increased from three in 2014, to 17 in 2017.

Elsewhere, the threat of far-right political terrorism is on the rise. There were 66 deaths from terrorism caused by far-right groups and individuals from 113 attacks for the years from 2013 to 2017. Of those, 17 deaths and 47 attacks occurred in 2017 alone. In Western Europe, there were 12 attacks in the UK, six in Sweden, and two each in Greece and France. In the US, there were 30 attacks in 2017 which resulted in 16 deaths. The majority of attacks were carried out by lone actors with far-right, white nationalist, or anti-Muslim beliefs.

Nonetheless, it pales in comparison to Islamic Terrorism and even Communist (left-wing) terrorism, each of which, in 2017 alone, delivered a higher body count than all of the right-wing attacks over the past 4 years combined.

Despite severe territorial and financial losses, Islamic State remained the deadliest terrorist group in 2017, even though deaths attributed to the group fell by 52 per cent from the prior year.

Al-Shabaab committed the deadliest attack of 2017, which killed 587 people. In Egypt, the Islamic State Sinai Province carried out the second deadliest attack, which killed 311 people.

The deadliest group in India is the country’s communist party – The Communist Party of India (Maoists). Maoists were responsible for 205 deaths and 190 terror incidents in India, or 53 per cent of deaths in 2017.

Right wing terrorism may be on the rise, but their numbers are no where near the numbers that religious terrorists are creating. Thanks for sharing these links.

Are there any hard numbers for murders attributed to far right extremists? In the last 20 years?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'd dwell on totalitarianism first and you'd be deemed to realize, that Stalin wasn't exactly a leftwinger by any definition.

I'm not so interested in semantics. I also don't have a dog in the fight. He did it under the banner of communism which is on the far end of the left.

You're playing the same game as others in this thread, we're not asking you to own those in question, we're just calling spades a spade.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Here is a reminder from the OP to jog your memory: Congress finds the following: (1) White supremacists and other right-wing extremists are the most significant domestic terrorism threat facing the United States. (2) An unclassified May 2017 joint intelligence bulletin from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security found that “white supremacist extremism poses [a] persistent threat of lethal violence,” and that White supremacists “were responsible for 49 homicides in 26 attacks from 2000 to 2016 … more than any other domestic extremist movement”. Have a nice afternoon.

Yes, I'm well aware you used a very limited amount of data available to push the narrative that right-wingers are more dangerous than left-wingers if you carefully select the years discussed. The informative part was figuring out your biases.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

When Fighting Domestic Terrorism, You Get What You Pay For The Trump administration has gutted the budget for fighting far-right extremists, making it harder to stop attacks like the Pittsburgh massacre.Source This article discusses all domestic terrorism.

Another source:
Trump Shut Programs to Counter Violent Extremism The administration has hobbled the infrastructure designed to prevent atrocities like Pittsburgh.Source

In the waning days of Barack Obama’s administration, the Department of Homeland Security awarded a set of grants to organizations working to counter violent extremism, including among white supremacists. One of the grantees was Life After Hate, which The Hill has called “one of the only programs in the U.S. devoted to helping people leave neo-Nazi and other white supremacy groups.” Another grant went to researchers at the University of North Carolina who were helping young people develop media campaigns aimed at preventing their peers from embracing white supremacy and other violent ideologies. But soon after Trump took office, his administration canceled both of these grants. In its first budget, it requested no funding for any grants in this field.

OK. Conspiracy?
We’ve already discussed this and i posted sources from your links. That money went to law enforcement agencies instead of private social groups who have no authority over anyone.
edit on 14-1-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Good addition to the discussion. Other counties have incredible levels of domestic terrorism.

We should pay attention to US domestic terrorism and who is committing these cowardly acts before it gets to those levels.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

We're talking about a group of people that believe a large subset of the population needs to be eradicated for not being "pure." I don't think they really care much about personal liberties.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

By that logic we shouldn't be worried about Islamic extremism either. And all the people freaking out over Antifa should treated for hysteria.

By what logic? Sorry, but you can't just look at stats for Islamic terrorist attacks here, you have to look at the stats in countries where they get active (more than 2% of the population).

Anyone who denies the terrible toll of death and destruction from Islamic terrorists in countries where they have a larger population is just denying the truth.
edit on 14-1-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm not so interested in semantics.

It's the vehicle of choice for propaganda and I'm having a blast with all this Newspeak.

However. The statistics from the last 10 years or so are even worse, I'm calling this spade a fricken bulldozer. The OP is actually pushing the beautified numbers and handing you a hand to ignore the whole topic, as in "meh... nearly fifty-fifty".

Take it already?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Good addition to the discussion. Other counties have incredible levels of domestic terrorism.

We should pay attention to US domestic terrorism and who is committing these cowardly acts before it gets to those levels.

What are our current levels of domestic terrorism attributed to far right extremists?

Just so we know? More? Or less? Than 100 since 2001?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

We're talking about a group of people that believe a large subset of the population needs to be eradicated for not being "pure." I don't think they really care much about personal liberties.
They care about their personal liberties. Especially freedom of speech. Which the left has been attacking.

They are also attacking the 2nd amendment

And the fourth.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Since 9/11 far-right extremists have made more attacks, while Islamic terrorist attacks have made more kills. This does not include 9/11, of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join