It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right wing domestic terrorism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Once again, check the stats I posted, or refute them with credible sources.

I already refuted with a source. It’s on page 5 I believe. I’m attacking the source of your info now.

I have document 15 sources in this thread so far. 5 in the OP alone. Which one would you like to discuss?

All of them If they’re only gonna address after 9/11. My source lists all terrorists attacks in recorded history. Your source is bias trying to push a narrative that’s only true based on their limitations to available data.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Woodcarver

Not really looking to debate you, I kind of feel sorry for the OP being so naive in contunuting to debate with you as if your going to “get it”.

The idea of 60% of attacks coming from right wing ideologies does not fit with your world view hence why you can’t acknowledge it. Cognitive dissonance is a sad sight my friend

Mental health is on the decline and I think it is a major issue.

Many mass shooters feel justified and write out a manifesto to spread their messages of hate. Some identify with them but are too afraid to admit it or could be considered closet extremists or even racists.

For example I remember the kid that shot up that African American church the Charleston shooting suspect Dylann Storm Roof got a free meal from Burger King by the cops that arrested him! I was like WTF?!

edit on 14-1-2019 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Gave you a star for that.

OP knew what they would get in this thread as we all did.

My intention was to discuss the persistent claim on ATS that right/left-wing terrorist are a threat to the US.

My research is what it is.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

My intention was to discuss the persistent claim on ATS that right/left-wing terrorist are a threat to the US.

Pretty sure Bluntone pointed out they’re both just about equally dangerous based on deaths and used your source to prove that point.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

60%? That number looks great on paper, but it's worse when you take a closer look at the last 10 years.

There were almost twice as many terrorist incidents by right-wing extremists as by Islamist extremists in the U.S. from 2008 to 2016, according to a new report from The Nation Institute’s Investigative Fund and The Center for Investigative Reporting’s Reveal.

Looking at both plots and attacks carried out, the group tracked 201 terrorist incidents on U.S. soil from January 2008 to the end of 2016. The database shows 115 cases by right-wing extremists ― from white supremacists to militias to “sovereign citizens” ― compared to 63 cases by Islamist extremists. Incidents from left-wing extremists, which include ecoterrorists and animal rights militants, were comparatively rare, with 19 incidents.

HuffPo

edit on 14-1-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Once again, check the stats I posted, or refute them with credible sources.

I already refuted with a source. It’s on page 5 I believe. I’m attacking the source of your info now.

I have document 15 sources in this thread so far. 5 in the OP alone. Which one would you like to discuss?

All of them If they’re only gonna address after 9/11. My source lists all terrorists attacks in recorded history. Your source is bias trying to push a narrative that’s only true based on their limitations to available data.

OK - go start you own thread on the history of terrorism.

I laid out clearly what the scope of this thread was in the OP. Don't want to contribute, then don't. But if you want to expand the scope of my thread, you are derailing it.

Once again, start you own thread, then you can set the scope of the discussion.
edit on 14-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Pretty sure Bluntone pointed out they’re both just about equally dangerous based on deaths and used your source to prove that point.

Must have missed that .So what did the The politically conservative Daily Caller News Foundation say about right-wing extermists (terrorist)?

found 92% of all "ideologically motivated homicide incidents" committed in the United States from 2007 to 2016 were motivated by right-wing extremism or white supremacism.[39] According to the Government Accountability Office of the United States, 73% of violent extremist incidents that resulted in deaths since September 12, 2001 were caused by right-wing extremist groups.
Source

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Good luck. The majority of ATS doesn't like acknowledging the threat of far Right extremism. Just yesterday I had a thread discussing the unification of neo-Nazi groups get shut down because people couldn't be civil.

I don't think anyone has ever said there is no threat, but...

49 deaths resulting from attacks, over a 16 year period. That is about 3 per year. So... while I'm not trivializing it, I think we have far more to worry about in the form of deaths from bathtub attacks (93 in 2011 alone!?!?).
edit on 14-1-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

link   
It always amazes me how much push back there is on ATS when a discussion about far Right extremism is posted.

Post a thread about the threat of Islamic terrorism? The vast majority of the board agrees with you.

Post a thread about the threat of Antifa? The vast majority of the board agrees with you.

Post a well sourced thread about far Right extremism that includes stats and statements from law enforcement agencies about how big a threat they are? Suddenly we need to nitpick over every little sentence and bring up countless whataboutisms.

It's almost like there's a large segment of this site that sympathize with these extremists.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

There were almost twice as many terrorist incidents by right-wing extremists as by Islamist extremists in the U.S. from 2008 to 2016, according to a new report from The Nation Institute’s Investigative Fund and The Center for Investigative Reporting’s Reveal.

So it is escalating...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It's almost like there's a large segment of this site that sympathize with these extremists.

R/roastme

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I could frame it that the last 100 years, more people have died to left leaning ideologies and no one could refute it.

I'm game. Try me?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

By that logic we shouldn't be worried about Islamic extremism either. And all the people freaking out over Antifa should treated for hysteria.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Ya think?

Even the nations law enforcement is having trouble coming to grips with right-wing domestic terrorism:
U.S. Law Enforcement Failed to See the Threat of White Nationalism. Now They Don’t Know How to Stop It.For two decades, domestic counterterrorism strategy has ignored the rising danger of far-right extremism. In the atmosphere of willful indifference, a virulent movement has grown and metastasized.Source

edit on 14-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

I could frame it that the last 100 years, more people have died to left leaning ideologies and no one could refute it.

I'm game. Try me?

Not to derail, so I'll try my best to meld this in.

Deaths in Russia and China were flirting with 100 million if not breaking 100 million.

That was for political gain and fits well within one of the definitions for terrorism, using violence and intimidation for ideological gain.

So yes, there have been trivial deaths in the US when compared to the other leading causes of unnatural death. Opiates just surpassed car accidents for the first time in decades.

Lone wolves unaffiliated with any organization have bastardized right wing beliefs and decided on their own to go out and kill random people senselessly.

As Blutone asked, what can be done? And the only valid response is recognize it. Killing is already illegal, yet some lunatics will still do it. It is what it is.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

All while ignoring the other sides that say terrorism is the problem and not the left right part of it. If you only focus on what the fringe are doing, the world is gonna look like a scary place.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Law enforcement agencies all over the country say that far Right extremism is a much more serious problem in this country than Islamic extremism.

That's only because the Muslims are still in the 'lie your asses off to the infidels until our numbers have reached the point where we can start flexing our muscle and start the process of taking over' stage.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It always amazes me how much push back there is on ATS when a discussion about far Right extremism is posted.

Post a thread about the threat of Islamic terrorism? The vast majority of the board agrees with you.

Post a thread about the threat of Antifa? The vast majority of the board agrees with you.

Post a well sourced thread about far Right extremism that includes stats and statements from law enforcement agencies about how big a threat they are? Suddenly we need to nitpick over every little sentence and bring up countless whataboutisms.

That is because, even though far right terrorism may or may not account for 60% of all murders, that number is sooooooo low, that it is insignificant when compared with other murder numbers. OP and several other posters are avoiding the actual number of murders attributed to far right terror, because it adds up to a couple weekends in chicago. I’m guessing the total number of murders attributed to far right extremists is less than 100 since the arbitrary date of 2001

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

I laid out clearly what the scope of this thread was in the OP.

Yea the scope was whatever years you had to not include to make it where right-wing terrorists kill the most. Anyone with half a brain can see the narrative you're trying to push in this thread.

Don't want to contribute, then don't.

I've been contributing, you just don't like the facts.

Once again, start you own thread, then you can set the scope of the discussion.

Sorry I have no need because I don't care to push a narrative on selective information. If you don't like the facts I brought to the discussion then feel free to ignore my posts.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

If you don't like the facts I brought to the discussion then feel free to ignore my posts.

I have always had that option. But as long as you are inviting others to ignore you, I think I shall.

Just do me a favor and stay away from trying to derail the tread, and stick to the topic if you can contain yourself.

Here is a reminder from the OP to jog your memory:

Congress finds the following: (1) White supremacists and other right-wing extremists are the most significant domestic terrorism threat facing the United States. (2) An unclassified May 2017 joint intelligence bulletin from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security found that “white supremacist extremism poses [a] persistent threat of lethal violence,” and that White supremacists “were responsible for 49 homicides in 26 attacks from 2000 to 2016 … more than any other domestic extremist movement”.

Have a nice afternoon.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join