It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right wing domestic terrorism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

I'll ask you the same question I asked earlier.

How many people have died in the last 5 years from domestic terrorism?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
"The GTD defines terrorism as the threatened or actual use of illegal force and violence by a non-state actor to attain a political, economic, religious, or social goal through fear, coercion, or intimidation Right-wing extremism Violence in support of the belief that personal and/or national way of life is under attack and is either already lost or that the threat is imminent. Characterized by anti-globalism, racial or ethnic supremacy or nationalism, suspicion of centralized federal authority, reverence for individual liberty, and/or belief in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty".

That's just a little Too All Encompassing.
There are those who Need an attitude adjustment every once in a while in your walk through life. Proven by the current state of affairs here in this country where color dictates the allowable un-civility.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well spoken. Thanks for adding that perspective.

Just because right-wing terrorists are the biggest domestic threat right now, that fact does not paint all right-wing and conservatives as terrorists.

However, I have seen plenty of right-leaning posters her claim the exact opposite. Without any facts (other that anecdotal) to back up their claims.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Woodcarver

Trump cuts funds to fight anti-right wing violence

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your opinion in the subject but when your source quoted the Southern Poverty Law Center, I stopped reading.

Classic information avoidance:How People Select Their Own Reality

a simple failure to obtain information is the most clear-cut case of "information avoidance," people have a wide range of other information-avoidance strategies at their disposal. They also are remarkably adept at selectively directing their attention to information that affirms what they believe or that reflects favorably upon them, and at forgetting information they wish were not true.
Source

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

That’s a great list from the global terreorism data base. I noticed a lot of the events are attributed to white supremacists, but it says (suspected white supremacists) or even (suspected jihadist terrorist)

Who makes this determination, and are these suspected perpetrators counted as actual white supremacists? Because it seems unclear when they say suspected.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

However, I have seen plenty of right-leaning posters her claim the exact opposite. Without any facts (other that anecdotal) to back up their claims.

Yeah don’t expect any either.

It’s all politics everything, you could post irrefutable Evidence that the sky is blue and if it didn’t fit with their politics they would still say it’s a funny shade of green.
edit on 14-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Also, what are all of the groups that make up antifa. Sources please?

The Antifa movement is a conglomeration of left wing autonomous, militant anti-fascist groups in the United States. They have no central organization or lists of "groups." Please check out the group before you ask a question that cannot be answered.
Yes, you said that in your OP.

But what about Antifa? Well ,Antifa" is an umbrella term for a loose collection of groups, networks and individuals.
but what are those groups? And what about individuals who kill for their leftist ideologies?

Source on BLM or Antifa folks who

kill for their leftist ideologies?
? I asked for the sources for any killings attributed to them in the OP. Did you read past the title?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

You gunna link to alex jones next?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I always enjoy reading your replies.

As a person who has a much higher chance of being involved in some sort of attack than your average citizen, I am always profiling everything and everyone. I don’t worry too much about the far left types. They are more likely to chain themselves to a tree, jump in front of a tank, or maybe even light themselves on fire. Keep your eye on far right types though. Believe me. I have been there, done that, and got the friggen closet full of tee shirts.

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why on a thread about right-wing domestic terrorism are you wanting to talk about Antifa?

OP brought them up and specifically excluded them or anyone affiliated with them. Stating that they are too loosely affiliated to be included in the study. OP then includes lone wolf actors from the right who are not affiliated with any groups. It just seems like an unfair distinction.

I simply asked which groups make up antifa.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Ideological domestic terrorism numbers are pretty low for the last five years (obviously we'd all like it to be zero).

From the NYT post in OP.

Between 2008 and 2017, domestic extremists killed 387 in the United States, according to the 2018 Anti-Defamation League report.

It would be hard to get hard comparative numbers though since it's hard to define someone's brand of crazy well. I mean, after all, we're talking about lunatics, so it's hard to logically explain something that has no base in logic.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Boy are you lazy...

According to a 2017 report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office, "of the 85 violent extremist incidents that resulted in death since September 12, 2001, far right wing violent extremist groups were responsible for 62 (73 percent) while radical Islamist violent extremists were responsible for 23 (27 percent). The total number of fatalities is about the same for far right wing violent extremists and radical Islamist violent extremists over the approximately 15-year period (106 and 119, respectively). However, 41 percent of the deaths attributable to radical Islamist violent extremists occurred in a single event—an attack at an Orlando, Florida night club in 2016."[3]
Source

I used Google and typed "how many killed in domestic terrorism in last 5 years" and used the advance search feature to limit results to the last years. The Wiki article was the second hit - the first had European i the title.

Search engines are your friends. Now do your own research in the future.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
"The GTD defines terrorism as the threatened or actual use of illegal force and violence by a non-state actor to attain a political, economic, religious, or social goal through fear, coercion, or intimidation Right-wing extremism Violence in support of the belief that personal and/or national way of life is under attack and is either already lost or that the threat is imminent. Characterized by anti-globalism, racial or ethnic supremacy or nationalism, suspicion of centralized federal authority, reverence for individual liberty, and/or belief in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty".

That's just a little Too All Encompassing.
There are those who Need an attitude adjustment every once in a while in your walk through life. Proven by the current state of affairs here in this country where color dictates the allowable un-civility.

Feel free to provide your own definition. O did you just do that with you post? You mean if you feel like giving an " an attitude adjustment" to someone it is not terrorism? I am confused by your statement. Please clarify.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

If that were the case why was Unite the Right organized by neo-Nazi, neo-Confederate, and white supremacist groups? Why do they so often support Right Wing candidates?

I mean just this past November there were multiple elections that had Nazis on the ticket. Every single one was a GOP candidate.

Historically an argument could be made that Nazism is a Leftist ideology (although I personally think it's a very weak argument) but in the modern world neo-Nazis and other forms of white supremacists are firmly in the Right Wing camp.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

It’s all politics everything, you could post irrefutable Evidence that the sky is blue and if it didn’t fit with their politics they would still say it’s a funny shade of green.

Good point. Must be tough to make up your mind, and have to defend your positions, despite the facts.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

My main point is that terrorism is the problem. Terrorism comes from people who are willing to commit violence to push their ideals on others.

This month it’s the far right, next month it could be the far left, the next month it might be jihadists. Why can’t we put all of these people into one group of people and focus on that instead of breaking them down into smaller left or right demographics? It is clear that neither the left or the right supports any murder.

Who cares if the person who killed you was a lefty or a righty? They are just people who want to kill to prop up their own fantasies!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

Good point. Must be tough to make up your mind, and have to defend your positions, despite the facts.

It can be frustrating but more often than not these days I just let them get in with it. If someone wants to ignore facts and claim everything that doesn’t fit in nicely with their world view as being spin and fake news then let them. Doesn’t bother me

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Lazy?
Really?
I'm not the one trying to prove how evil the right wing is or isnt.

But since you did the leg work.

According to your number, 106 deaths in a 15 year period.
Just over 7 deaths per year.

So tell me why this is such a "huge" problem.

There were over 500 murders in Chicago alone last year but let's worry about the 7.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You gunna link to alex jones next?

If you looked any any of the links, you would see his name on one as as an enabler/advocate/encourager of right-wing domestic terrorism.

I see you are not really into having a discussion using the sources provided, not are you even reading them by your own admission. OK, you want to argue positions without any sources, facts, or subject matter experts or logical processes. What does that leave you with? Emotions?

I suggest that this discussion can be based upon better sources than emotions, and a blind allegiance to an ideology. That type of thinking has gotten the right in trouble in the past....
edit on 14-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: sp

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

If that were the case why was Unite the Right organized by neo-Nazi, neo-Confederate, and white supremacist groups? Why do they so often support Right Wing candidates?

I mean just this past November there were multiple elections that had Nazis on the ticket. Every single one was a GOP candidate.

Historically an argument could be made that Nazism is a Leftist ideology (although I personally think it's a very weak argument) but in the modern world neo-Nazis and other forms of white supremacists are firmly in the Right Wing camp.

It doesn’t matter to me which side the terrorists root for. Neither the left or the right supports terrorism. If a racist murderer wants to vote for a specific candidate, that says nothing about the candidate.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join