It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right wing domestic terrorism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Your "oh-so-liberal" sources, yes. What was the question again, liberal news expert?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Epic thread!

So this is what I think the problem is, just like all Islamic terrorists are Muslim but not all Muslims are terrorists, all right-wing terrorists hold right wing views but not everyone who holds right wing views are terrorists. Its about taking that leap from believing that the FBI is oppressing the people to actually acting on that and planting a bomb.

The difficulty is that so many people find it difficult to separate the ideological belief from the actual act itself so when you talk about right-wing terrorism its seen as bashing the right-wing when really nothing could be further from the truth. Its actually just about recognising that there are some members of the right-wing who are willing to take their views a step further in a very sinister way. I think that in a nut-shel is why many on these boards find it very difficult to accept the threat posed by right-wing terrorism they see it, wrongly in my view, as a attack on their ideology.

It is true that right wing terrorism is on the rise, there are lots of very complex reasons behind that. I also think that when it comes to right-wing terrorism its a case of when not if there is going to be a big attack. There are very well armed, well trained and well motived groups in America who could take their views that dangerous step to far into terrorism. I would also repeat what I said on the thread the other day, I believe it is possible the next Timothy McVeigh is going to be a member of ATS.

Now I know that many are going to distract and deflect from this issue and want to talk about the left but the truth is simply that while yes left-wing terrorism is a threat, it is dwarfed by the threat posed by other ideologies, principally the far-right and islamic extremism.

Good thread S&F
edit on 14-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Woodcarver

Trump cuts funds to fight anti-right wing violence

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your opinion in the subject but when your source quoted the Southern Poverty Law Center, I stopped reading.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Go through the description and you will see, it’s a smear of liberals against conservatives, and it works well.

Any group which has color of their skin or who they like to have sex with, isn’t a form of nationism?

That’s good nationalism to the left, so it’s ok.

If someone thinks that there are super rich families looking to control America through the UN vs someone who thinks that super rich families through Russia are trying to control America

One side is a far right conspericy theory and the other one is the lead story on most MSM stations.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Trump cuts funds to fight anti-right wing violence
thanks for posting that link. It was pretty interesting. It seems that Obama set aside a bunch of money to private groups who were looking for people who wanted to leave some of these white supremacist groups, as well as extremist muslim groups. so they could talk them into leaving fully. Not a bad idea, but instead, the money went to actual law enforcement, so that profesionals could do that job.

You and the article both try to made it out like Trump was protecting the white supremacists.

out From your link

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

What are some of these far-right groups? If you could post some sources for who these groups are that are conducting all of this far right terrorism, you could uphold your own standard of posting sources.

I noticed you left antifa out because you feel they aren’t an organized lot, so who are all of the far right groups that are organized better than antifa?

Good point.

The Global Terrorism Database, published yearly by the University of Maryland, counts cases where violence is used by non-state actors to achieve political, economic, religious, or social goals through fear and coercion. It includes ideologically motivated attacks like the Charleston church shooting, but not ones such as the Aurora movie theater massacre. The database classifies cases according to attackers’ affiliations (like “Ku Klux Klan”) or, when it can’t find a group, by its author’s identity (“white extremist” or “jihadi-inspired,” for example). Quartz analyzed each attack and classified them into right-leaning, left-leaning, or linked to Islamic extremists.
Source
Here is a link to a table with over 20+ pages listing all attacks: Source

This is a great source for raw data.That list includes an attack by neo-Nazi extremist James Fields against a crowd of counter-protestors in Charlottesville, which left one person dead.

Researchers point out that many recent attacks on US soil are carried out by individuals without any strong links to a terrorist organization—known popularly as “lone wolves.”
Timothy McVeigh’s 1995 bombing is an example. Others include: ‘Unite the Right’ demonstrators – including self-identified neo-Nazis, neo-Confederates, neo-fascists and white nationalists, as well as various militias. Source

Another lone wolf who was radicalized:

In late October, a fanatical Trump supporter sent pipe bombs to 12 of his political opponents, and an anti-immigration extremist – having disparaged online a Jewish charity for helping Latin American immigrants enter the United States – shot dead 11 worshippers at a Pittsburgh synagogue. It was the deadliest act of anti-Semitic violence in US history.
Source

If you don't want to pour through all of it,the ADL has listed most major (right/left/political/religious murders in 2017 with affliations Source

These include: general white supremacists, the Crew white supremacist gang, Unite the Right participants, an "alt lite conspiracy theorist and vlogger" (don't even know what that is), Ghostface Gangsters white supremacist prison gang, the Aryan Circle, Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, Aryan Brotherhood of Texas, etc....The Hill

Some academic research on these groups:

We found that organizations were more likely to use violence if they were previously involved in violence, had multiple alliances with other extremist groups, had a large membership, had weak or decentralized leadership or a strong ruling council, and advocated for inherent racial or ethnic superiority.
Source

Extremist leaders/facilitators: Source

Thanks. There is a lot more...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That's an interesting position.

Ya know, if I go to Chicago or Baltimore the chance of being robbed or murdered greatly increases.
The percentages also say that if I do get robbed or murdered in either of those cities, it would most likely be by a black male.

Now trying to do something as a result of that statement would go over like a lead balloon.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I have a question.
Let's say I totally agree with you entire op.

What do you want to do about the problem?

I guess the first step is to acknowledge the problem, and stop spreading falsehoods that the left, Antifa and BLM are the biggest domestic terrorist threat, when it is the right that is responsible.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

What are some of these far-right groups? If you could post some sources for who these groups are that are conducting all of this far right terrorism, you could uphold your own standard of posting sources.

I noticed you left antifa out because you feel they aren’t an organized lot, so who are all of the far right groups that are organized better than antifa?

There's hundreds of pro fourth reich terrorists groups in Europe, planning to launch major attacks - mainly trained by Russia. It's the biggest worldwide terror threat
Combat 18 - nail bombe london
Britain First - beheaded an MP
Welsh English Defence League - killed quite a few and train in bombs/guns
Redwatch (a website hit list killing people involved in anti racism)
Golden Dawn - was a big war in Greece with Golden Dawn and Anti-FA for a few years, military and police were very pro Hitler
National Action - keep getting caught making bombs, planning terror attacks
US has plenty on the neo-Nazi terror, nuclear site bombing side.

Hundreds more sadly.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Inside Atomwaffen As It Celebrates a Member for Allegedly Killing a Gay Jewish College Student
From your link.

Atomwaffen produces YouTube videos showing members firing weapons and has filmed members burning the U.S. Constitution and setting fire to the American flag.

Members of this group have been charged with five murders. They also don’t seem to like America or the constitution very much. Why do people call them far right? They’re Nazi’s, aren’t Nazi’s leftists?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Also, what are all of the groups that make up antifa. Sources please?

The Antifa movement is a conglomeration of left wing autonomous, militant anti-fascist groups in the United States. They have no central organization or lists of "groups." Please check out the group before you ask a question that cannot be answered.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

There's hundreds of pro fourth reich terrorists groups in Europe, planning to launch major attacks - mainly trained by Russia. It's the biggest worldwide terror threat
Golden Dawn - was a big war in Greece with Golden Dawn and Anti-FA for a few years, military and police were very pro Hitler

Hundreds more sadly.
Aren’t Nazi’s lefties?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

You make good points, the far-right is on the rise all over the developed world and with that comes a increased risk from groups that take that one step too far into right-wing terrorism.

Its been a growing threat in the UK, interestingly most of the groups you mention are UK groups. So this is not just a American problem.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

Also, what are all of the groups that make up antifa. Sources please?

The Antifa movement is a conglomeration of left wing autonomous, militant anti-fascist groups in the United States. They have no central organization or lists of "groups." Please check out the group before you ask a question that cannot be answered.
Yes, you said that in your OP.

But what about Antifa? Well ,Antifa" is an umbrella term for a loose collection of groups, networks and individuals.
but what are those groups? And what about individuals who kill for their leftist ideologies?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

I have a question.
Let's say I totally agree with you entire op.

What do you want to do about the problem?

I guess the first step is to acknowledge the problem, and stop spreading falsehoods that the left, Antifa and BLM are the biggest domestic terrorist threat, when it is the right that is responsible.

How many people have died in the last 5 years from domestic terrorism?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Xcalibur254

That's not an answer.
What would you do?

Maybe not vote for extreme politicians who enable and encourage such behavior? Maybe not spreading fake news about how violent the left is? Maybe by taking ownership of and acknowledging that the right has a serious problem,?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Why on a thread about right-wing domestic terrorism are you wanting to talk about Antifa?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The US corruption of Antifa ws started up by a seedy group called Smash Racism, need to refresh my memory. Pretty sure all the twitter, facebook pages etc are just 4chan trolls as as you say it's anti-affiliation.

The original versions (I'm in UK based ones) are very different, we infiltrate, expose, go to counter demos to chat to people persuade the to quit the orgs.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: jjkenobi

your liberal media "sources"

Like... errr... "The Daily Caller". Right.

Founder(s)

Tucker Carlson
Neil Patel

en.wikipedia.org...

This didn't even go beyond the first page and some rightwingnut went full blown moronic already. Not bad.

Didn't answer the question. And cherry picked one source. Good job!!

What about the Congress - good source? It was in the OP.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Hundreds more sadly.
Aren’t Nazi’s lefties?

No. I suggest you read some history and stop trolling/derailing.
edit on 14-1-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join