It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right wing domestic terrorism

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

Here ya go, you may need this for when the one you're using wears out.

So from what I gather by the death toll numbers you've listed, one single lefty could go off and the death rate by political affiliation would be flipped from right to left? You certainly have a lot of eggs in your basket.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Before 9/11 far Right extremists were responsible for more terror attacks in the US than any other demographic. After 9/11 that is still the case.

One outlier does not make the rest of the data worthless.

The deadliest epidemic in world history was the Spanish Flu. That doesn't mean we immunize against it on a yearly basis.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Well, I guess you have nothing to add to the discussion except for the tacit admission that the right is responsible for far more murders than the left. Please keep that in mind the next time you feel like yelling "But ANTIFA, But BLM...".

Seems like everyone got a chance to point out any conflicts in the statistics I posted on page one of this thread, and no one could do it.

I hope this post puts to rest the unquestioned assertions by many on ATS that the left is the most violent perpetrators of domestic terrorism in the United States.

Please refer back to this thread often in the future if you get confused.

Here is the take away about domestic terrorism:

In 2017, there were 65 incidents totaling 95 deaths. ...roughly 60 percent of those incidents were driven by racist, anti-Muslim, anti-Semitic, anti-government or other right-wing ideologies. Left-wing ideologies, like radical environmentalism, were responsible for 11 attacks. Muslim extremists committed just seven attacks. ..White supremacists and other far-right extremists have killed far more people since Sept. 11, 2001, than any other category of domestic extremist.
ETA:

I sourced the quote above earlier, but to immunize against troll-sickness I will post it again. Source
edit on 14-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Perhaps, yes.

But then again, just a cursory glance at the first few pages of the FBI's "Terrorism News" reveals an obvious pattern, and therefor a threat. Maybe their resources are in fact being spent correctly.
interesting list of foiled attacks. I noticed a lot of cases that dealt with isis and isil affiliated perps.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Before 9/11 far Right extremists were responsible for more terror attacks in the US than any other demographic. After 9/11 that is still the case.

The deadliest epidemic in world history was the Spanish Flu. That doesn't mean we immunize against it on a yearly basis.
far more? You are still trying to make it sound like the numbers are high. We are talking about a couple hundred people over 17 years. And 60% of that really low number is an even lower number. I’m not trying to say that any group of killers is ok, i’m just saying that it’s not something that we need to invest in like we invest in other security risks.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I'm not disputing that assertion. What I'm disputing is the assertion that right-wing extremists are the biggest threat. The body count, the foiled plots, the terror-related criminal activity, including the admission of the director of FBI, says otherwise.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

Well, I guess you have nothing to add to the discussion except for the tacit admission that the right is responsible for far more murders than the left. Please keep that in mind the next time you feel like yelling "But ANTIFA, But BLM...".

Seems like everyone got a chance to point out any conflicts in the statistics I posted on page one of this thread, and no one could do it.

I hope this post puts to rest the unquestioned assertions by many on ATS that the left is the most violent group in the domestic United States.

Please refer back to this thread often in the future if you get confused.

Here is the take away about domestic terrorism:

In 2017, there were 65 incidents totaling 95 deaths. ...roughly 60 percent of those incidents were driven by racist, anti-Muslim, anti-Semitic, anti-government or other right-wing ideologies. Left-wing ideologies, like radical environmentalism, were responsible for 11 attacks. Muslim extremists committed just seven attacks. ..White supremacists and other far-right extremists have killed far more people since Sept. 11, 2001, than any other category of domestic extremist.

I'm not confused about anything nor does your post put anything to rest. You've been talking in circles and deflecting since pg 1. It's a propaganda hit piece, period. You can repeat chit over and over, you can try and sublimely slip in your suggestive and persuasive jabs such as "have killed FAR more people", none of which makes what you say FACT.

As far as the numbers,( no matter how you try and spin it and I know you will), they're negligible in the grand scheme of the 325 million people in this country. We're literally talking about a handful of people. Is MS-13 a terrorist organization? Are they left or right? Let me help you out, Yes they are and I doubt any of them if they could vote, voted for Trump. BTW, there's extreme lefties that kill people every day. Do you have any numbers for that?

I'm more afraid of propaganda driven people such as yourself than I am of any extremist left or right.

So whats your point again? Oh yeah, righty is the evil of all evils and of course it probably goes without saying, orange man bad.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I know, you keep repeating that. What i’m saying, is that you are framing it in such a way as to hide the fact that 9/11 even happened.

No one is going to forget bud.

Sometimes you change the context so a discussion isn't all over the place.... You know, like how you're trying to do right now.

Topic- last seventeen years have seen a rise in (lunatic far detached from the base) right wing attacks.

It's not a crazy high number, we're just calling it out for what it is.

You don't have to support or own them even if you happen to lean right. We're not using them to say you're a bad person if you lean right.

Again, no one has forgotten 9/11 because someone made a conscious decision to have a discussion excluding that from the parameters for the sake of keeping people on topic.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The point is the point. I make it with a variety of sources (see page 1). If you read the OP, you came across this:

Congress finds the following:
(1) White supremacists and other right-wing extremists are the most significant domestic terrorism threat facing the United States.
(2) An unclassified May 2017 joint intelligence bulletin from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security found that “white supremacist extremism poses [a] persistent threat of lethal violence,” and that White supremacists “were responsible for 49 homicides in 26 attacks from 2000 to 2016 … more than any other domestic extremist movement”.

Hard to grasp, I know.

Now prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Since you're interested in facts, you should add the FBI to your sources. Unlike congress and the NYT, they actually deal with terrorism, terrorists and terror threats.

The threat posed by terrorism—both international terrorism (IT) and domestic terrorism (DT)—has evolved significantly since 9/11. Preventing terrorist attacks remains the FBI’s top priority. We face persistent threats to the homeland and to U.S. interests abroad from HVEs, domestic terrorists, and foreign terrorist organizations (FTOs). The IT threat to the U.S. has expanded from sophisticated, externally directed FTO plots to include individual attacks carried out by HVEs who are inspired by designated terrorist organizations. We remain concerned that groups such as the Islamic State of Iraq and ash-Sham (ISIS) and al Qaeda have the intent to carry out large-scale attacks in the U.S.

The FBI assesses HVEs are the greatest terrorism threat to the homeland. These individuals are global jihad-inspired individuals who are in the U.S., have been radicalized primarily in the U.S., and are not receiving individualized direction from FTOs. We, along with our law enforcement partners, face significant challenges in identifying and disrupting HVEs. This is due, in part, to their lack of a direct connection with an FTO, an ability to rapidly mobilize, and the use of encrypted communications.

www.fbi.gov...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I've liked several of your posts in this thread.

That said it seemed OP is talking in terms of domestic terrorist threat, not that from abroad.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Naw, neither you or this thread topic are worth my time or the agrivation. Have fun with your hit piece. I’m out.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Naw, neither you or this thread topic are worth my time or the agrivation. Have fun with your hit piece. I’m out.

Triggered ^^^^^

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Snowflakes a'flying...or so I am told.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I know, you keep repeating that. What i’m saying, is that you are framing it in such a way as to hide the fact that 9/11 even happened.

No one is going to forget bud.

Sometimes you change the context so a discussion isn't all over the place.... You know, like how you're trying to do right now.

Topic- last seventeen years have seen a rise in (lunatic far detached from the base) right wing attacks.

It's not a crazy high number, we're just calling it out for what it is.

You don't have to support or own them even if you happen to lean right. We're not using them to say you're a bad person if you lean right.

Again, no one has forgotten 9/11 because someone made a conscious decision to have a discussion excluding that from the parameters for the sake of keeping people on topic.
i don’t really lean left or right. They both have stupid platforms and they both manipulate data to push their agenda. My point is, that It’s still dishonest to say that far right extremists are more of a threat to Americans than islamic extremists. Do you think we spend the amounts of money on the TSA and the NSA because of the far right extremists? No, it’s because muslim extremists highjacked some planes and killed thousands of people. To have any study that excludes that or any other events, is to purposefully fudge the data to present the idea that you want to support. Nobody in this thread was fooled by your efforts or your charts. You want to act butt hurt because we keep on saying we don’t care about your study and that cherry picked info will not go unchallenged.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

That said it seemed OP is talking in terms of domestic terrorist threat, not that from abroad.
cherry picked information that excludes the largest terrorist attack on US soil. What we are saying is that your study is bad info. It is purposely fudged data.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I'm an independent.

The topic is on domestic terrorism. The numbers are small (for domestic), but 9/11 cost 3,000 lives and we increased those losses via our wars plus 6~ trillion dollars.

So if right wing terrorism has cost 100+ lives (1/30th) than it's a threat that deserves at least some attention.

I'm not butt hurt, I am just saying how I see it.
edit on 14-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Triggered ^^^^^

LMFAO Not even close. I just have better things to do with my time.

link   

HVE's are homegrown violent extremists. In other words, not from abroad.

Again: "The FBI assesses HVEs are the greatest terrorism threat to the homeland. These individuals are global jihad-inspired individuals who are in the U.S., have been radicalized primarily in the U.S., and are not receiving individualized direction from FTOs."
edit on 14-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

The point is the point. I make it with a variety of sources (see page 1). If you read the OP, you came across this:

Congress finds the following:
(1) White supremacists and other right-wing extremists are the most significant domestic terrorism threat facing the United States.
(2) An unclassified May 2017 joint intelligence bulletin from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security found that “white supremacist extremism poses [a] persistent threat of lethal violence,” and that White supremacists “were responsible for 49 homicides in 26 attacks from 2000 to 2016 … more than any other domestic extremist movement”.

Hard to grasp, I know.

Now prove me wrong.
How much money do we spend to fight this ever growing domestic far right terror threat? That has accrued over 100 deaths in the last 17 years? It would seem that funds have been taken away from that endeavor because it is a non threat, and normal law enforcement does an adequate job of stifling most events.

How much money do we spend on suppressing actual terrorist threats? TSA, NSA, homeland security, multiple intelligence agencies, the patriot act, 5 countries demolished, basically global war since the day before your study starts accepting data. But hey, the three people who are killed every year by far right extremists deserve some attention too. But just as much as it needs.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join