It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right wing domestic terrorism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I am posting this thread on right wing domestic terrorism in hopes to find some fasts the subject. There have been may conflicting claims about specific groups, and even political parties or ideologies, causing domestic terrorism.

I know that many of you have pretty much formed a belief system about domestic terrorism, and that no amount of evidence or sources will change your mind. If that is the case, you might want to stay away from this post. I would like to keep this as fact-based as possible, and if you make a claim, please be able to back it up. Yeah, I will be calling you out for any hyperbolic statements that you make that you cannot back up with a legitimate source. For those of you that are still remaining, I am welcoming facts and interpretation of facts.
I am posting this in the mud-pit because I believe this will be a very “muddy” topic. It might get closed. Anyway, I am trying to get to the truth. Please assist me in my efforts!
First, a definition of terrorism:

The GTD defines terrorism as the threatened or actual use of illegal force and violence by a non-state actor to attain a political, economic, religious, or social goal through fear, coercion, or intimidation Right-wing extremism Violence in support of the belief that personal and/or national way of life is under attack and is either already lost or that the threat is imminent. Characterized by anti-globalism, racial or ethnic supremacy or nationalism, suspicion of centralized federal authority, reverence for individual liberty, and/or belief in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.
Source
So what did the Republican Controlled Congress say on 02/02/2018
about right-wing domestic terrorism?:

Congress finds the following: (1) White supremacists and other right-wing extremists are the most significant domestic terrorism threat facing the United States. (2) An unclassified May 2017 joint intelligence bulletin from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security found that “white supremacist extremism poses [a] persistent threat of lethal violence,” and that White supremacists “were responsible for 49 homicides in 26 attacks from 2000 to 2016 … more than any other domestic extremist movement”.
Source
So what did the The politically conservative Daily Caller News Foundation say about right-wing extermists (terrorist)?

..found 92% of all "ideologically motivated homicide incidents" committed in the United States from 2007 to 2016 were motivated by right-wing extremism or white supremacism.[39] According to the Government Accountability Office of the United States, 73% of violent extremist incidents that resulted in deaths since September 12, 2001 were caused by right-wing extremist groups.
Source
What did the NY Times say?

White supremacists and other far-right extremists have killed far more people since Sept. 11, 2001, than any other category of domestic extremist. The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism has reported that 71 percent of the extremist-related fatalities in the United States between 2008 and 2017 were committed by members of the far right or white-supremacist movements. Islamic extremists were responsible for just 26 percent.
Source
What about the left-wing domestic terrorists?

Meanwhile, the share of attacks by left-wing terrorists and environmentalist extremists dropped from 64% in the 2000s to 12% in the 2010s.
Source
But what about Antifa? Well ,Antifa" is an umbrella term for a loose collection of groups, networks and individuals. Since it is composed of autonomous groups, and thus has no formal organization or membership. To date, none of their activities have resulted in a single death in the US. At lest not that I can find. ATS, little help here? (Please check your source before posting a response to this question.
There have been multiple efforts to discredit antifa groups via hoaxes on social media, many of them false flag attacks originating from members of the alt-right and 4chan posing as members of Antifa on Twitter. Some of these hoaxes have been picked up and reported as fact by right-leaning media).

But what about BLM? The Black Lives Matter movement started in 2013 after the uproar over the killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO. The movement started out with the goal of connecting African-Americans who share a similar battle with racism and injustice. To date, none of their activities have resulted in a single death in the US. At lest not that I can find. ATS, little help here? (same warning as above – beware fake news!).

OK, I have officially opened this smelly can of worms. I am presenting sources and facts. I am interested in researching this topic in depth. Plese contribute, and try to go after the ball, not the player.

I fully expect get attcked on a personal level for posting these facts and sources. I will not be responding to anything that does not add to this discussion. However, a few facts to short circuit some of the attacks:

I am a US Army veteran
I am married with two kids
I am not on welfare
I am not a communist
I have never voted for anyone named Clinton
I was a registered Republican until 2004, when I switched to independent

Thanks all. Have fun, and don't get too personally ego involved in this topic.

edit on 14-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Good luck. The majority of ATS doesn't like acknowledging the threat of far Right extremism. Just yesterday I had a thread discussing the unification of neo-Nazi groups get shut down because people couldn't be civil.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Good luck. The majority of ATS doesn't like acknowledging the threat of far Right extremism. Just yesterday I had a thread discussing the unification of neo-Nazi groups get shut down because people couldn't be civil.

I saw that. You are the motivation for me writing this thread. Shame about yours. I posted this in the mud-pit to try and avoid your thread's fate. even used the term "muddy," if you notice, as the reason given for shutting down your thread.

Keep strong!

edit on 14-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

What are some of these far-right groups? If you could post some sources for who these groups are that are conducting all of this far right terrorism, you could uphold your own standard of posting sources.

I noticed you left antifa out because you feel they aren’t an organized lot, so who are all of the far right groups that are organized better than antifa?
edit on 14-1-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So without doing an hour of research through your liberal media "sources", what criteria was used to attribute an incident to "right wing domestic terrorism".

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I have a question.
Let's say I totally agree with you entire op.

What do you want to do about the problem?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Over the past few years Atomwaffen has been a big one. They've had a number of deaths attributed to them over the past few years, they've been holding training camps in the Nevada desert, and a cell in Florida was planning on blowing up a nuclear power plant.

The thing about a lot of Right Wing extremists however, is that they operate as lone wolves. Look at Dylan Roof as an example. He didn't belong to any groups but that didn't stop him from shooting up that church.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Also, what are all of the groups that make up antifa. Sources please?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Over the past few years Atomwaffen has been a big one. They've had a number of deaths attributed to them over the past few years, they've been holding training camps in the Nevada desert, and a cell in Florida was planning on blowing up a nuclear power plant.

The thing about a lot of Right Wing extremists however, is that they operate as lone wolves. Look at Dylan Roof as an example. He didn't belong to any groups but that didn't stop him from shooting up that church.
Where are those extensive sources that the OP requires?

If you are going to include dylan roof, shouldn’t you include all of the far left lone wolfs?
edit on 14-1-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

For one we could start taking the issue seriously. Law enforcement agencies all over the country say that far Right extremism is a much more serious problem in this country than Islamic extremism. Yet the Trump administration has completely removed funding to a number of programs designed to combat this kind of extremism.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The group near me that always gets referred to as Antifa is Smash Racism DC.

link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

your liberal media "sources"

Like... errr... "The Daily Caller". Right.

Founder(s)

Tucker Carlson
Neil Patel

en.wikipedia.org...

This didn't even go beyond the first page and some rightwingnut went full blown moronic already. Not bad.

link   

For one we could start taking the issue seriously. Law enforcement agencies all over the country say that far Right extremism is a much more serious problem in this country than Islamic extremism. Yet the Trump administration has completely removed funding to a number of programs designed to combat this kind of extremism.
Sources please

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

That's not an answer.
What would you do?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

But what about BLM? The Black Lives Matter movement started in 2013 after the uproar over the killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO. The movement started out with the goal of connecting African-Americans who share a similar battle with racism and injustice. To date, none of their activities have resulted in a single death in the US. At lest not that I can find. ATS, little help here? (same warning as above – beware fake news!).

Did you forget this? Or does it not count in your book for some reason?

Five Dallas Officers Were Killed as Payback, Police Chief Says

And why only "deaths"? Does it not count that Scalise's Dem assailant failed to kill him in cold blood?

Police Shooter Identified, was Sanders Volunteer

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Sources please

Meh,

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: jjkenobi

your liberal media "sources"

Like... errr... "The Daily Caller". Right.

Founder(s)

Tucker Carlson
Neil Patel

en.wikipedia.org...

This didn't even go beyond the first page and some rightwingnut went full blown moronic already. Not bad.

Didn't answer the question. And cherry picked one source. Good job!!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

In other news: the earth is not flat. You need a source for that as well?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join