It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macron Seeks Solutions In Open Letter.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Dispute Macron wanting to seek National Solutions in Two Open Letters
to the French. Macron isn't backing down from his polices nor agenda.

Macron seeks to turn 'anger into solutions' in open letter to France

In the letter, Macron said he was open to ideas and suggestions but insisted the government would not go back on previous reforms or key measures in his 2017 election campaign.

“No questions are banned,” Macron writes. “We won’t agree on everything, that’s normal, that’s democracy. But at least we’ll show that we are a people who are not afraid to speak, to exchange views and debate. And perhaps we’ll discover that we might even agree, despite our different persuasions, more often than we think.”

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Seeing that Macron and his government aren't backing down from their 2017 polices what kind of solution would these letters bring at all if any?

To the protesters it would mean to nothing.
Just empty words by a desperate dictator trying to save his image.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

He has a solution ...... I watched some yellow vests being interviewed on

the news, and everyone of them wanted him to resign.

So there IS a solution but he'll never see it!!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
Seeing that Macron and his government aren't backing down from their 2017 polices what kind of solution would these letters bring at all if any?

Macron seems to think he has the mandate, that his election was a result of his policies rather than him being seen as the lesser of the two evils on offer at the time.

Being open to ideas suggests he has none of his own and will no doubt steal the intellectual property of anyone that comes forward with any real innovations.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Might I suggest his resignation and exile?

I hear St. Helena is nice...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: teapot

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

Macron seems to think he has the mandate, that his election was a result of his policies rather than him being seen as the lesser of the two evils on offer at the time.
Being open to ideas suggests he has none of his own and will no doubt steal the intellectual property of anyone that comes forward with any real innovations.

If ALL politicians led by example, as should all leaders these problems would not

occur.

In the UK we have had the expenses scandal among many others.

Macron has taken on a *Royal* mantle and the poor are suffering ..... and he is

saying what a royal personage of the past said "let them eat cake"!!! In fact

he is behaving more royal than any actual royalty......

PARIS — Nothing says humble like the Palace of Versailles.

French President Emmanuel Macron — under fire for spending public money on glitzy trappings like an outdoor pool for a 17th century home — used the last abode of French kings to promise a more humble leadership style.

"I know that I can't do everything right," said the 39-year-old Monday, calling himself "humble but determined."

Macron had an excuse for speaking at Versailles. It's where the president can address both chambers of parliament, which he had gathered at a cost of €286,000 to seek their approval for a tweak to the constitution, and to launch "Year Two" of his reforms.
With absolute control over parliament, Macron is untroubled by leadership challenges like those that have nearly unseated British Prime Minister Theresa May and German Chancellor Angela Merkel. The French president is virtually guaranteed to hold on to power for the next three years.

But Macron needs to stay popular, particularly in the run-up to a European Parliament election next year, which he has framed as a battle between the forces of liberalism and populism in Europe. And his popularity is sinking, with a persistent theme of dissatisfaction that Macron is a "president of the rich" — a Republican monarch so pleased with himself, and so out of touch with his people, that he fails to see what offends them.

www.politico.eu...

Macron needs to swim ..... while the peasants eat cake.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Might I suggest his resignation and exile?

I hear St. Helena is nice...
St Helena has an airport now, no direct flights from France though, he'll have to switch planes in South Africa.
...it is a British overseas territory though, not EU so he'll need a lot of cash to get residency.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   

They always try to castrate with calls to reason when they are on the brink of losing and can't just force our hand.

You be reasonable, remove yourself or be removed. Resist and you will be forced out, and fought against.

Be true. Reasonable people won't suddenly become such.

This is a ploy to buy time. He is no longer the leader of France. France told me.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   

How is an "open letter" an exchange views and debate? Sounds more like a dictate.

An exchange views and debate would be bringing the leaders of the protests in for a series of meetings, preferable televised.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

The only letter the French are interested in is Macron's letter of resignation. Other than that, he didn't ought to waste the paper and ink.

I have to say I am quite shocked at how the protesters are being treated, 'stormtroopers' just wading in and attacking people with batons and rubber bullets as if citizens don't have a right to protest. Surely this will only stoke more anger.

Anyway, there's more than one way to skin a cat, and I've been reading somewhere that the Yellow Vests are planning a different kind of peaceful protest - a run on the banks. If there's a sure-fire way to upset and hurt the mega-rich, just jam a spanner in the money-system. They care about nothing else but money. At. All.

Power belongs to the people. The country's wealth belongs to the people. They earned it with blood sweat and tears. They aren't going to sit around complaining while Macron just hands it all over to his mega-rich cronies and leave them with nothing but poverty. He can send in the stormtroopers to beat them bloody in the streets, but can he/will he stop them running the banks?

It's about to get very interesting, methinks.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydollI have to say I am quite shocked at how the protesters are being treated, 'stormtroopers' just wading in and attacking people with batons and rubber bullets as if citizens don't have a right to protest. Surely this will only stoke more anger.

Funny thing how a government will treat citizens that it disagrees with when it knows that they are mostly unarmed...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Macron can not resign because a small percentage of the population protests/riot. That would kill any and all republics

The yellow vest cannot start a revolution and not expect pushback

Local politicians need to start implementing yellow vest policies and have theses policies work their way up to the national level

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Mais oui suggestez La Frexite ?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

"Let them eat austerity oysters!"

Yeah. That wasn't very surprising in the least.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

“We won’t agree on everything, that’s normal, that’s democracy. But at least we’ll show that we are a people who are not afraid to speak, to exchange views and debate"

Gotta love his definition of democracy lol. Yeah we'll listen to the issues you have and why our decisions are harming your way of life and your standards of living but yeah we're still going to push them through lol lol gotta love that lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

“We won’t agree on everything, that’s normal, that’s democracy. But at least we’ll show that we are a people who are not afraid to speak, to exchange views and debate"

I zink zey are desparate zat some leaders come forwards so zey can be publically guillotined

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The Tigers complain that the lambs are unwilling to compromise.

2nd line

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

Anyway, there's more than one way to skin a cat, and I've been reading somewhere that the Yellow Vests are planning a different kind of peaceful protest - a run on the banks.

I like this idea. The people should be wary though, the blow back could mean Macron decides to Cyprus them.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

From your link - Republican monarch so pleased with himself, and so out of touch with his people, that he fails to see what offends them.

He increasingly comes across as an offensive little trickster. I personally think 'my way or the highway' May is no better.

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

I zink zey are desparate zat some leaders come forwards so zey can be publically guillotined

That's what I thought! It seems the current zeitgeist for leaderless movements is unsettling to the poor dears in leadership and Macron's 'let's talk' is a passive aggressive ruse to flush out anyone he can then discredit or indeed, guillotine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join