It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, This Shutdown... How has it Affected You?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete
The topic is not a straw man, the topic is the topic.

The position you attributed to me was a strawman.

Yes there is a reduction of daily safety inspections on the actual planes in our country.

By which agency?

Please post a link of the contrary because u seem to be making up statements like that.

WASHINGTON, D.C. (AP) — The Federal Aviation Administration says it has brought about 500 safety inspectors back to work and expects more to return next week, potentially easing strains on the aviation system amid a partial federal government shutdown.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Intrepid Ace Reporter DBCowboy here!

I traveled yesterday. Flew in a big plane. Ate peanuts and drank complimentary Bloody Mary's.

But that's beside the point.

Going through TSA one agent stopped me. He had seen the "veteran" status of my drivers license. We started talking where I served, where he served.

I asked about the shut down.

He shrugged, said, "Yeah, it sucks, but we still support Trump".

I shook his hand, said, "Hang in there, we're thinking about you guys" and went on my way.

And this was in Portland, PDX, the land of Antifa and screaming pink hats!

Off topic; It's ugly cold in the Midwest. Change it. Do something about it. It upsets me.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Off topic; It's ugly cold in the Midwest. Change it. Do something about it. It upsets me.

I knew you were close by, I could feel the chill here.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I caused the pole shift.

My bad.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I live in a country where the government cannot be shut down in this way, because our laws prevent it from happening.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Also you don't deserve a name that references Tarot. Because Tarot is not Neo-Naziism.

Please stop defiling Tarot with your inbred, incestuous racism.

Leave Tarot out of it, Himmler.

This right here may be the funniest thing I have ever read on ATS.

Bravo.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

This right here may be the funniest thing I have ever read on ATS.

You should try some of his threads - lots of comedy gold there.

On topic, did not Americans vote Trump because they wanted his wall?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
On topic, did not Americans vote Trump because they wanted his wall?

They did.

Although a few million more Americans voted for Hillary.
edit on 15-1-2019 by MrSporkster because: typo...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSporkster

How did you guys end up with a choice between those two?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSporkster
I live in a country where the government cannot be shut down in this way, because our laws prevent it from happening.

That is awesome!
Shirtless horseback photos for everyone?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete
a reply to: TheRedneck

By the way, my fellow American, didn't your grandfather get drafted into WWII? To kill Nazi's? Doesn't your family hate Nazi's and Nazi ideology, just like most Americans?

Does your family really want to recreate Nazi Germany, here in the US, nearly a century later, after your own grandfather devoted his life AGAINST white supremacy, just like most Americans?

Please explain how your grandfather gave his life to killing Nazi's and Nazi ideology, but yet your family wants to recreate the same thing that your grandfather gave his life fighting against?

have you seen the illinois nazis?
everybody hates those guys!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I suggest you ask an American. I'm not American.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: MrSporkster

That is awesome!
Shirtless horseback photos for everyone?

You're thinking of Russia. I live in Australia.

If supply is blocked, the Governor General intercedes to break the deadlock. If the government refuses to co-operate, the Governor General dissolves Parliament and calls a federal election.

So in a case that would otherwise shut down the US government, we Australians just dump our old government and vote for a new one.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Well, Hillary was the Democrat choice because the DNC said FU to their voter base who picked Bernie Sanders.

Trump's non-politician status and message to working Americans resonated with people sick of career politicians screwing us over.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

cool story
so "the shutdown" has not affected you?

epa help desk is unmanned at this time......so sad

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
One thing we can take to the bank, right wingers lie, they lie all the time, it’s what they do. Nice bouncy though. A solid 5. a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Neither me nor anyone I know has been affected. When I was in the Air Force, a few of our civilians would be getting the shaft, so I know it does impact some people.

It would be interesting to compare it to the number of people government consistently screws while it's open.

link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Americans hate Nazi's.

Even white Americans hate Nazi's.

That's mighty racist of you. Some of us have moved beyond that sort of talk.

By the way, my fellow American, didn't your grandfather get drafted into WWII? To kill Nazi's?

No, two of my uncles were drafted into WWII to win the war. One was a conscientious objector... oh, not like the conscientious objectors of today, no, no... he asked to be trained as a medic instead of a soldier because he didn't want to kill anyone. So instead of "killing Nazis," he was the one who ran out into the midst of battle and rescued injured American soldiers.

He was a hero of the first degree, and never even talked about it; I found out from a military representative at his funeral (he received full military honors as he was laid to rest). Your characterization of him disgusts me, and I am sure it would disgust most Americans. You wouldn't know a "Nazi" if one walked up, slapped you across the face, and used a bullhorn to announce himself.

Your post is telling, though. Since you made the assumption that I had "grandfathers" in WWII (Mine were closer to WWI), it's obvious that you're young. That bothers me to see such racism among our youth. I raised my kids to be color blind and treat everyone as a person... even if they were white! Isn't that terrible?

BTW, you broke your own rule. You keep complaining that others are off topic by responding to you, but I see you are perfectly good with straying from the topic yourself to throw a little of that KKK propaganda our way. Let's see, how was it you put it? Oh, yeah: "blah, blah, blah" yourself.

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: soundguy
One thing we can take to the bank, right wingers lie, they lie all the time, it’s what they do. Nice bouncy though. A solid 5. a reply to: DBCowboy

"If you like your plan you can keep your plan."

-- some right winger
edit on 15 1 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The shutdown will eventually create very serious national security issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join