It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, This Shutdown... How has it Affected You?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

You don't have a full grasp of The Wall. What you think you know is not the whole of it. It is more important than you can imagine, but if everything is "retarded" to you, then you are seeing everything through a retarded lens. Can't help folks like you.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

You don't have a full grasp of The Wall. What you think you know is not the whole of it. It is more important than you can imagine, but if everything is "retarded" to you, then you are seeing everything through a retarded lens. Can't help folks like you.

“The Wall” does not exist. Nor will it ever exist.

And if it did get built, it would not help the make-believe problems that Donald keeps blabbing about. The problems don’t exist, in the first place.

I know the topic quite well, I’ve spent too much time studying my country’s politics, the last two years of the Dotard.

“The Wall” is the stupid daydream of a stupid old man.

And u guys all know it lol. That’s the most amusing part of all, that so many people promote something that you know is stupid and that u know will not happen.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You seem afraid of something and you're masking it with all your "retarded this and retarded that" talk.

No amount of your stating that the problem doesn't exist is going to negate the FACT that the problems on the border are real, they're going to get worse, and we do not have time to waste on political games.

You say you know the topic very well, yet you have been here 5-1/2 years and have never posted a thing about it or any meaningful political topic, so I doubt you know all you think you know, much less all you should know.

We need the wall at strategic points along the border for more than one reason. It's not stupid, or as a wet-behind-the-ears David Hogg type would say, "retarded".

71 is not old. It's not young either. It's just right for a man that has spent his life preparing for where he is right now.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

shiver me timbers 😎

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I work in a restaurant hasn't affected anything, I think the shipyard and Bangor, is not unnecessary work force, traffic is heavy in the afternoon.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

No, your party is the funniest joke ever told. It's the living embodiment of a sad clown with syphilis in a room full of passed out drunk nudists. Bottom line, I didn't give a damn "what you meant" because your party only matters to me to the extent that I can point at it and it's membership while laughing at their pain and mocking their stolen smiles. That's what happens when a party publicly soils their own pants as frequently as the lil' bitty left does.

You keep being you, your support keeps them going, and their hilarious bullsnip keeps me laughing.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
President Trump's Government Shut-Down strategy is starting to back-fire on him.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

But support for a Physical Border Barrier is increasing.
Source: www.breitbart.com...

Obviously the President knew that a decrease in support for the shut-down would happen relatively quickly. So, what should he do now?

1. Release certain anti-Democrat Spygate materials.

or

2. Declare a National Emergency to build the Steel Wall & Sign the 2018 House-approved Govt Funding Bill.

or

3. Both of the above?

or

4. Neither of the above? (Continue to Hold Out until Dems "crack".)

or

5. Something else?

edit on 1/15/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It affects me in that my pilot medical clearance is on hold at the FAA until the shutdown is over

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

You seem afraid of something and you're masking it with all your "retarded this and retarded that" talk.

No amount of your stating that the problem doesn't exist is going to negate the FACT that the problems on the border are real, they're going to get worse, and we do not have time to waste on political games.

You say you know the topic very well, yet you have been here 5-1/2 years and have never posted a thing about it or any meaningful political topic, so I doubt you know all you think you know, much less all you should know.

We need the wall at strategic points along the border for more than one reason. It's not stupid, or as a wet-behind-the-ears David Hogg type would say, "retarded".

71 is not old. It's not young either. It's just right for a man that has spent his life preparing for where he is right now.

Man WTF are u even talking about.

In America, people want to have a house, and a job. There's the majority of Americans in that sentence right there.

Do u think the majority of Americans want to recreate Nazi Germany?

The answer is... No.

Let's recap. Hitler was retarded and so is Rump.

Nazi Germany was retarded and so is Rump's lame attempt at recreating it, nearly a century later.

Americans' grandfathers gave their lives to killing Nazi's.

My grandfather devoted his life to killing Nazi's in WWII.

Will Naziism have a revival in the US? With white Americans whose grandfathers died killing Nazi's?

The answer is: Nope.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
In other words:

White Americans are not going to support a Neo-Nazi revival... Regardless of being white.

Because...

White Americans hate Nazi's, and our grandfathers gave their lives to fight against it.

It will never, never happen here.

Our grandfathers died to make sure it wouldn't happen here.

And when it comes down to our grandfathers' dead memories versus Donald... The orange retard loses.

Sorry Neo-Nazi's. Ain't gonna happen here.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

No, your party is the funniest joke ever told. It's the living embodiment of a sad clown with syphilis in a room full of passed out drunk nudists. Bottom line, I didn't give a damn "what you meant" because your party only matters to me to the extent that I can point at it and it's membership while laughing at their pain and mocking their stolen smiles. That's what happens when a party publicly soils their own pants as frequently as the lil' bitty left does.

You keep being you, your support keeps them going, and their hilarious bullsnip keeps me laughing.

Hmmm Naziism.

You lose.

(post by peacefulpete removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

No, people have NOT been in that situation since time began, lol. We're talking about the shutdown and its direct effect on thousands of government employees.

I was replying to your statements about people suddenly finding themselves without income, not to the OP itself. You brought up a counter to someone else and I responded with a counter to your poorly considered point.

So, you are saying no one has ever lost a job before. Nice. I personally have, due to everything from the boss getting mad to a company going bankrupt to a layoff, some of those layoffs from the Federal government. And you are saying it didn't happen? How congnitavely dissonant of you... how callously indifferent of you.

I don't think we even need to go any farther. Have fun playing with your unicorns.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
You think that this Shutdown has no effects? DO YOU, PUNK?!

The US president catering a visiting football team with fastfood because his staff is furloughed

Everyone suffers.
edit on 15 1 2019 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

No, people have NOT been in that situation since time began, lol. We're talking about the shutdown and its direct effect on thousands of government employees.

I was replying to your statements about people suddenly finding themselves without income, not to the OP itself. You brought up a counter to someone else and I responded with a counter to your poorly considered point.

So, you are saying no one has ever lost a job before. Nice. I personally have, due to everything from the boss getting mad to a company going bankrupt to a layoff, some of those layoffs from the Federal government. And you are saying it didn't happen? How congnitavely dissonant of you... how callously indifferent of you.

I don't think we even need to go any farther. Have fun playing with your unicorns.

TheRedneck

blah blah blah

The topic is the shutdown, personally created by Rump, and the thousands of federal employees whose lives have been wrecked by it...

And the millions of Americans whose lives have been negatively affected by that.

Have fun with your "unicorns" sticking their "horns" up your ass, lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

it appears the DNC is cracking as we speak, so your post may be more reactive than proactive. Let's look at some of the evidence we see right here:
  • Certain anti-Trumpers (no names) have apparently gone into full meltdown mode, just in the last 24 hours. I was called away earlier and came back a few minutes ago. As I was checking threads for replies, I came across not one, but two examples of someone suddenly "losing it," as in simply posting nonsensical allegations and using terms like "dumb" and "retarded" instead of actually pushing an argument. Nonsensical as in the poster I just responded to trying to say that no one has ever lost a job or income before.

• That is actually a deterioration from earlier arguments against the wall that have been presented. That's pretty sad, since their typical arguments thus far have been
    • Walls don't work, I suppose meaning anyone can walk through a wall.
    • Ladders beat walls, I suppose meaning aliens will trek long heavy extension ladders across a desert.
    • Walls can be cut, apparently meaning everyone carries an acetylene torch in their back pocket in Mexico.
    • Walls are immoral (no idea where they got that one).
    • Walls are archaic.
    • Walls won't stop VISA holders.
    • Walls won't interfere with ocean-going rafts and boats.
    • 0.1% of the budget is too expensive, but 5 times that amount is not.
    • Eminent Domain does not work.
    • Rattlesnakes and scorpions can't cross a wall.
    • The wall won't stop tunnels.
    • Pictures work better than physical barriers.
    • It's cheaper to station thousands of CBP agents in the middle of a desert along a 2000 mile stretch 24/7.

• Centuries of study of the human condition have shown clearly that most humans will react violently when threatened, be that threat of physical harm, perceived harm, loss, or embarrassment. It follows then, that the anger demonstrated by the deterioration of discussion, both here and in the halls of Washington DC, are evidence of a perceived impending loss by those who are becoming angry and irrational... and we all know which side that is. See above.

All that tells me that what we are seeing is the exact same thing we saw in 2016. The DNC is losing their mind and dragging some more vested elements of the Democratic party with it. They are apparently well aware that the American people are serious enough about the wall to hand Trump a solid win and the DNC a solid loss once again in 2020 if the wall is built or even started in earnest by then. The polls reflect this: earlier results that directly countered personal experiences, which slowly then begin to move towards reality but never quite make it. Accompanying those moves (and actually predating them slightly) is anger and vitriol toward anything and anyone that can be perceived as a problem with their power bids.

The simple truth is that the American people want the wall. My son, although furloughed, is not backing down on that support for it... but he is angry that the gridlock in Washington DC is happening. I'm sure there are plenty of others who still feel that Trump should capitulate, but that number is sliding downwards as the DNC refuses to negotiate in good faith despite constant calls from the White House to do so, Democratic Congress critters take extended vacations themselves to consort with lobbyists in a semi-tropical setting in January while Trump remains in DC calling for negotiations, and we have citizens, including police, who are being gunned down in the streets or ran over in a drunken stupor by illegal aliens.

Only one person is standing up for those dead citizens and their grieving families: President Donald J. Trump.

The people are seeing this. "All of the above" is my answer to your query. Show everything, and let the chips fall where they may.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Read the post just after yours.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

terms like "dumb" and "retarded" instead of actually pushing an argument.

Nazi ideology was defeated in the mid-40's.

It's not going to be recreated, in the US, with the grandchildren of men who devoted their lives to killing Nazi's.

Americans hate Nazi's.

Even white Americans hate Nazi's.

White Americans' grandfathers... went to Europe in the 40's. To #ing kill Nazi's.

It's not going to take roots here, ever, ever.

edit on 15-1-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

By the way, my fellow American, didn't your grandfather get drafted into WWII? To kill Nazi's? Doesn't your family hate Nazi's and Nazi ideology, just like most Americans?

Does your family really want to recreate Nazi Germany, here in the US, nearly a century later, after your own grandfather devoted his life AGAINST white supremacy, just like most Americans?

Please explain how your grandfather gave his life to killing Nazi's and Nazi ideology, but yet your family wants to recreate the same thing that your grandfather gave his life fighting against?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I live in the Washington, D.C. metro area and I have not felt or heard of a single negative impact from the shutdown.
IMO, with any luck the TSA will all stay home. We'll go through a couple of false flag attacks within the airline industry. The perpetrators will be arrested and tried for crimes against humanity and treason. Then we will all realize that most of our bloated government was never necessary in the first place. This was probably part of President Trumps plan all along. I am praying the shutdown will never end. #MAGA

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join