It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, This Shutdown... How has it Affected You?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: burdman30ott6

ps

normally , I work tomorrow EMS...but got the day off now...great

Enjoy your day off!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thanks. Honestly? I love my job and interaction w different people, injured, disabled...but, it will be cool to stay around n talk to the dog.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So, if you want this shutdown to end, and you're a democrat, why not tell your representative to fund the wall? Obviously Trump isn't going to listen to you. Do your part, end the shutdown. Fund the wall.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

No one forced them to take the job

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: peacefulpete

Along those lines, what if they WANT to keep their TSA job? In THAT context, does that mean that they should work for free each day, in hopes of keeping their job, for hopefully making $$, in the future? While making no $$?

Or should they go get a job at McDonald's for $8 an hour, and therefore lose their better-paying TSA job?

People have been in that situation since time began. Do you work at a job that pays little to nothing that you love, or take a job you hate which pays big bucks? Do you work for free now, in hopes of your labors bringing in money in the future? Every business owner has faced that decision.

It's not about not having sympathy... it's about understanding that life is full of choices, and not always are those choices easy or clear. That's just one of those things we cannot change.

TheRedneck

No, people have NOT been in that situation since time began, lol. We're talking about the shutdown and its direct effect on thousands of government employees.

Their lives are wrecked, by the shutdown, these last few weeks.

Also my family owns properties and we don't know if our tenants' government assistance for rent & utilities is supposed to be sent to us, or not.

So our rent income is maybe not going to happen... because of the shutdown. There are many many effects on many peoples' lives, federal employees as well as normal American citizens.

But of course, you guys all know all of that, anyway, and it's just a troll thread. I'm out. Have fun guys.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: peacefulpete
I've watched several news videos featuring TSA employees who are not being paid, and are working for free, and / or also calling in sick, and / or just not going to work. TSA employees are holding protests outside airports around the country.

I hope that useless department evaporates.

TSA employees have stated that yes, there are regular day-to-day plane inspections which are not being followed during the shutdown. Which makes our entire country's air travel less safe.

The FAA says otherwise.

I'll trust the actual federal employees' words on this one.

Good, then trust the FAA.

Also I didn't even mention the compromised passenger safety checks.

As annoying as it is, we actually should be checking passengers to avoid weapons etc.

The TSA couldn't catch a cold if someone with tuberculosis tongue kissed them.

Hmm so the FAA is glad for a reduction of employees and safety checks of planes and passengers?

And so it's FAA versus TSA?

Why does that sound too ridiculous to believe? lol

I'd ask for a link to anything about the FAA being glad for a reduction of employees and reduction of safety measures...

But of course, you don't have a link to anything like that, lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: soundguy

This has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with TSAs ongoing 95% failure rate.

Huffpo so you don't doubt it

Well, no, the topic is... Trump's personally-created government shutdown..............

And no, he did not calculate it based on TSA success rates, for gods sake, lol

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I don't think you understand what you're replying to.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BTPowers
So, if you want this shutdown to end, and you're a democrat, why not tell your representative to fund the wall? Obviously Trump isn't going to listen to you. Do your part, end the shutdown. Fund the wall.

Nope the retarded dream of a wall is never going to happen. I guess you guys should buy some Lego's and build yourself a beautiful wall inside your bedroom lol

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I don't think you understand what you're replying to.

Oh because I thought you said the shutdown is because of the TSA success rates... which it obviously isn't, lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Then maybe you can sympathize with the tens of thousands of people whose lives are negatively impacted and wrecked by illegals flowing across our southern border, along with drugs, human sex trafficking, etc. The impact on our resources and communities is destructive.

Legal, safe, measured, common sense immigration is the only answer. Democrats only want unfettered illegal immigration. Why?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Oh because I thought you said the shutdown is because of the TSA success rates... which it obviously isn't, lol.

I made no such inference.

Edit:

Did you read the post I was replying to?

Seems kind of useless to reply mid-conversation without understanding the context.
edit on 14 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Then maybe you can sympathize with the tens of thousands of people whose lives are negatively impacted and wrecked by illegals flowing across our southern border, along with drugs, human sex trafficking, etc. The impact on our resources and communities is destructive.

Legal, safe, measured, common sense immigration is the only answer. Democrats only want unfettered illegal immigration. Why?

The idea of a wall is beyond retarded. And it will never happen.

There are too many people who don't want billions of dollars wasted on a retarded old man's daydream.

It's not ecologically possible to do without destroying wildlife migration patters...

It's not logistically possible without the government taking over many American's properties...

The wall wouldn't stop immigration, nor is it statistically even a problem for our country, nor is it illegal for immigrants to seek asylum...

Nor is the Mexico border the source of drugs or rapists or murderers, in any statistics, the majority of murderers and rapists are obviously MILLIONS of more American citizens doing all those things...

We have no statistical problem with numbers of immigrants...

Plus the steel wall was just cut through with a handsaw a few days ago lol.

The idea is retarded in every single way.

How about Lego's though? You guys can build such a big beautiful wall with Lego's

edit on 14-1-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I always have productive discussion with people who use the word retarded as many times in a discussion that doesn't even talk about actual cognitively impaired people as you did.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Hmm so the FAA is glad for a reduction of employees and safety checks of planes and passengers?

The FAA is saying there are no safety related cuts due to the shutdown. TSA doesn't inspect planes for safety, FAA does.

I'd ask for a link to anything about the FAA being glad for a reduction of employees and reduction of safety measures...

Why would I have a link for a strawman you created?

(post by jidnum removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The idea of a wall is beyond retarded.

You're saying the Wall will vote Democrat?
Thank goodness Citizens United didn't rule inanimate border barriers are people, ya?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The FAA is saying there are no safety related cuts due to the shutdown. TSA doesn't inspect planes for safety, FAA does.

Why would I have a link for a strawman you created?

The topic is not a straw man, the topic is the topic.

Yes there is a reduction of daily safety inspections on the actual planes in our country.

It’s in the news everywhere.

Please post a link of the contrary because u seem to be making up statements like that.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I always have productive discussion with people who use the word retarded as many times in a discussion that doesn't even talk about actual cognitively impaired people as you did.

Well the topic itself is simply retarded. There will be no wall and if there was, it would be pointless anyway.

Let’s not pretend Donald isn’t a retard, and that his ideas aren’t retarded.

Even u guys gunning for “the wall” know that it’s retarded lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The idea of a wall is beyond retarded.

You're saying the Wall will vote Democrat?
Thank goodness Citizens United didn't rule inanimate border barriers are people, ya?

Funniest joke ever told. Congrats!

I said the idea of the wall is retarded and u guys all know it, lol, even u guys promoting it know that ur promoting a stupid idea that will never happen lol.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join