It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, This Shutdown... How has it Affected You?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm mainly going to be avoiding political threads. I did get post-banned, and I apologize to everyone, for my obnoxiousness. I considered it speaking truth against a ton of posts that were promoting and celebrating terrible things. But it's all just too darn toxic to get involved in. I joined the site not for politics, but to discuss ghosts and UFO's, lol. So I'll be sticking with that.

At most, for political threads, I think I'll just embed some news videos, like this:

This vid is from a week and a half ago. It highlights not only TSA employees... But also, it features FAA employees being unpaid & frustrated & confused what to do.

It mentions the lack of FAA employees' safety checks for the planes themselves. So like, if there's some part that broke inside the engine, the plane is not being properly inspected, to find such a problem and fix it. Which is terrifying, lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So, This Shutdown... How has it Affected You?

It hasn't.

But it's affecting a lot of other people.

I mean seriously, keep the bitch shut down as long as y'all want, DC. This is turning out to be a beautiful thing.

Not for the people who it's negatively affecting, financially.

Just because it doesn't personally affect me (or you, or any one single person or family) doesn't mean it's ok. That's the point.

Maybe the democrats will wise up and let Trump have the measly 5.4 billion he asked for. Pelosi is adamant about not giving it to him, but she wants 57.6 billion for foreign aid.

They gave him 25b during the DACA ordeal last year after he said he would sign whatever was put on his desk.

He lied and refused to sign it.

He can go # himself.

Not to mention, he still hasn't used the majority of what was allocated for border security the last time around, and the republicans have controlled the government for 2 years and passed nothing for "the wall." Suddenly, the wall is now an immediate national security issue.

Yeah, right, it's a bunch of BS. Spare me.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Nice summary of the situation and I always think how real life has become so ridiculous that the same things would not work in a fictional movie or book lol. It’s all too ridiculous and would be rejected in a movie pitch or novel, just bc it’s all so absurd and so unbelievable lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

it has barely affected me, I work on an Army post and we are slightly less busy with fewer classes coming in, On a personal level nothing has been affected, Still getting my medical care on post, Still getting my VA check.

My tax return might be slightly late... Minor bummer, But I'd rather see the wall come so it will help cut down on human trafficking, I'd rather have immigrants come here like me the legal way on a jet plane so we have a PAX Manifest and customs documentation, This will cut down on Coyotes raping girls and women too.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join