It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, This Shutdown... How has it Affected You?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sprockets2000

I do Ebay.

Shipping will come from your paypal account or if the funds are on hold the shipping fees are deducted after the funds clear.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Today's show is brought to you by the number...

have fun !

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete
Well the topic all along was the reduction of safety checks in our country's airports. You've gone from arguing against it, then validating it, then arguing past / present tense of a PRESENTLY ongoing shutdown, to now arguing about airplanes versus airports?

I'm quoting exactly what you said, not my fault you can't keep your hysterics straight.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Has your "peaceful" friend contacted you about your challenge? Or has he copped a ban, I wonder?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I know during the 2013 shutdown contractors weren't getting paid. I can't imagine it would be any different this time. I mean these companies rely on government funds coming in to pay their employees.

Maybe it comes down to timing. I'm not sure how often the government dispenses funds for these contracts. Do they get a lump sum when the contract is signed? Is it a quarterly payment? Monthly? Does the fact that this shutdown took place at the end of December instead of the beginning of October mean that these companies were paid recently and thus had enough money to pay their employees for a while, instead of being at the end of a pay period? Highly possible.

At some point though this money will run out and the contractors will stop getting paid as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just made it through Hopkins airport security in less than 15 minutes. Fastest ever I believe. I’m shocked things aren’t worse with TSA.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

I think this shutdown is becoming The New Normal. Forums like ATS are no longer talking about it and neither is the mainstream media.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: litterbaux

I think this shutdown is becoming The New Normal. Forums like ATS are no longer talking about it and neither is the mainstream media.

That's because we're seeing just how wasteful and needless many government workers are. They have jobs within the federal government purely to provide jobs for people, not because they're doing anything all that important or valuable. This time, with unemployment rates at record lows and hiring robust within the private sector, it's time to downsize the government dramatically... the media doesn't want people realizing how well things are running in absence of the buearocracy so they're keeping relatively silent, and the people aren't noticing any issues which is why they are silent.

A handful of law changes are all we need to make this the greatest thing to happen in DC in generations. Eliminate nonsense laws like the TSA charter, returning airport security to the purview of the airports... streamline the permitting process down to a single, lean agency... automate the tax system fully... we can come out of this looking glorious with our freedoms flying high and our deficits nearly zeroed out through attrition alone.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

At some point though this money will run out and the contractors will stop getting paid as well.

Only if those contracts are nonessential. Do you not understand the meaning of the word "nonessential"? The folks I know work on contracts for DOD and EPA. They're working and being paid. Life goes on for the majority of citizens of the country. We're beginning to realize that the system is bloated by about 800k people.

I feel sorry for those who are not prepared for emergencies. Been there, done that in the stupidity of youth. Learned my lesson. It's hard to be young and broke. Working three jobs to keep the bills paid ain't fun but it is a learning experience.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Only affected in one way. Daughter lost out on an internship she really wanted, and pretty much had in the bag, when the USDA shut down. With no one at the research center, there's no one to complete the paperwork, so no summer internship.

Hubby is a federal employee, but fortunately he's DoD so funded. We also learned early on in his career to put up for a rainy week.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Maybe that announcement will come next Monday or Tuesday. I've heard and read that most non-essential personnel will be given the choice of a buy-out, or vested termination.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
In all cases, there’s no logical reason why we couldn’t allow private businesses to perform these functions and services.
Do we really need government to perform all the functions it currently does, or could we open a market for various businesses to compete?
I simply see no point in investing time and energy into an illusion... the political illusion... while pretending it actually makes a difference...Its at least a 15 year project. Our talking heads in the media argue like this wall will go up over night.
Its another one of their grand allusion money laundering games.
edit on 18-1-2019 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Has your "peaceful" friend contacted you about your challenge? Or has he copped a ban, I wonder?

Well, he hasn't contacted me just yet.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You speak too much commom sense.

Im rrally hoping to see a massive downsizing. Elimimatimg entire departments. FBI, ATF, DHS.....

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I can't believe it. USA Shut down but it really doesn't affect me directly. On topic.

Second Line = Bring back the Toxic man thread DB.

Kind regards as always,

bally

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join