It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, This Shutdown... How has it Affected You?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Lol look another person who doesn't understand how probability (or math) works.

I'm an engineer, I have a minor degree in mathematics. Tr again.

Oh boy, then let me be the first to say that was money well wasted.

Not exactly. View Silver's 71% Hillary as a confidence rating or a risk assessment. Silver's background is in sports betting, so it is reasonable to assume he's carried that philosophy over to his political odds making and trend predictions. That's a minus 245 moneyline in Vegas, meaning you'd have to bet $245 to win $100 at the window. That was a HUGE moneyline in favor of Clinton. Conversely, someone could have put $100 on Trump based on Silver's odds and would have won an additional $245 after he won the election.

You'll never have a 100% confidence rating on any election, obviously... unless the candidate was running unopposed and, moneyline wise, Vegas mathematically cannot place a moneyline on anything with a 100% probability. (The formula involves dividing by (100-the probability), thus zero (100-100), and thus unsolvable.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete
Well now you're arguing against laws.

Wait I thought The Big Beautiful Wall was supposed to be... to enforce laws, right? So you just destroyed your own premise that you've been arguing lol.

You seem to have some manner of confusion on what a sovereign nation is. Your liberal globalist motivators are showing.

What a meaningless statement.

We’ve already been a sovereign nation. Without an old man’s daydream about a wall.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
It’s what we have come to expect from deplorables, laughing at other people’s misfortune. I wouldn’t expect less. . a reply to: burdman30ott6

Again, this is supposed to do what, exactly? I'm proud that the people who espouse the positions you have espoused consider me "deplorable,: it means I'm doing something right. Not sure what your goal here is, because shaming me is as ineffectual as pissing against the wind and I would think you'd grasped that fact long ago.

Classic deplorable, lol. Proud of the reasons that u guys are called deplorable.

Proud ignorance, proud racism, proud trolling lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

a reply to: peacefulpete

Oh no, Ms Weaver, the video was anything but unrelated to your argument.

I have no idea what or who “Ms Weaver” is, just like I don’t know why u posted a video about fish lol

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The implications the shutdown is having on the immigration system itself is compiling.

Business insider

As of January 11, 42,726 immigration hearings had been canceled because of the shutdown, according to Syracuse University's Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse(TRAC).

The ramifications of the shutdown seem quite contrary to the objective....that is to build a wall. Why would you allow the system to further backlog and go into disrepair.

Wouldn't that in effect deepen an already strained immigration system and make the situation worse? I thought battling for the wall was because there is a national security crisis on the border. Wouldn't this indeed deepen that crisis?

Immigration judges have said that despite Trump's desire to resolve what he sees as a border "crisis," the government shutdown has thrown the asylum system into chaos, likely dooming some immigrants' hopes of receiving asylum and delaying others' deportations.

Never let a good crisis go to waste. Build the wall. After that declare amnesty. Time to start over.

ETA: Business insider
edit on 15-1-2019 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Kowtowing to the opinion of the international community and deferring to their laws is not sovereign anymore than you could call any of the 50 US states sovereign. Your priorities are clear and "America" is far from first on your list.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The shut down is so bad, when I flew, I had to grope my own penis.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The shut down is so bad, when I flew, I had to grope my own penis.

So business as usual for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
AN FYI "Heads-up" For Government Employees:

The below article contains a letter that provides very informative insight into Federal Government employee operations and processes. Lots of redundancy and waste.

Letter from Anonymous Trump Official: dailycaller.com...

-AND-

After the shut-down has lasted 30 days, a wholesale reduction in force can be legally authorized.

Source: www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete I very seldom post negative things, But I'm going to make an exception for you. You are very rude. To Bad your parents didn't raise you to know better.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Kowtowing to the opinion of the international community and deferring to their laws is not sovereign anymore than you could call any of the 50 US states sovereign. Your priorities are clear and "America" is far from first on your list.

Our country exists within a world of international human rights laws, anyway.

And the whole point is so that countries don't whimsically decide to create an internationally-illegal human rights crisis, which is exactly what is happening along the border.

I just hope the next 2 years sees such laws and investigations catch up against the Dotard. More for international human rights, more than I care about the orange slug going to jail, the guy will probably die of obesity and old age, within the next few yrs, whether he goes to prison or not...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Buzz words for open borders and a one-world government.

I'd spend more time detailing your apparent hatred of the sovereignty of the US and the Constitution, but your most recent posts have bored me.

*yawn*

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: justdust
a reply to: peacefulpete I very seldom post negative things, But I'm going to make an exception for you. You are very rude. To Bad your parents didn't raise you to know better.

I don't know what you're even responding to.

However, it's not rude to acknowledge the objective reality around us.

Asylum-seeking is LEGAL, for example, as per international human rights law.

Creating human rights tragedies, is internationally illegal, like the human rights crisis that the Dotard has created with our border with Mexico.

Hell it's child abuse too, separating families just for the sake of cruelty, then deporting the parents, and not even keeping records on how to reconnect them to their parents.

It's objectively, truly, an illegal human rights crisis, that was completely unnecessary. And that I do hope the Dotard goes to prison for.

So I'm basically just summarizing different parts of the conversation. I'm sorry, it's not rude to acknowledge what is happening in the world around us.

Dotard belongs in prison for human rights violations, kidnapping, child abuse (and that's not even talking about him boning his daughter, lol). Let alone treason, and violations of emoluments, etc. etc. etc.

But don't be sad if he goes to prison because his daughter can probably still visit him for a quick blowjob lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

LOL. If you actually read your own word salads before you post them and still click that "reply" then thank you. Have you tested out your writing chops with the network sitcom circuit, because you are composing some golden age of laugh track material here. If you do not read your own words prior to clicking "reply," then it means you're that damn gifted and probably should be looking towards political speech writing for the stand up comme... err, the Democratic party political candidates in DC. Either way, COMEDY GOLD my friend, comedy gold. My sides are presently somewhere out by the Casinni Probe.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Buzz words for open borders and a one-world government.

I'd spend more time detailing your apparent hatred of the sovereignty of the US and the Constitution, but your most recent posts have bored me.

*yawn*

Don't put words in my mouth. I love America and I love the Constitution.

"One-world government" isn't even a thing.

"Open borders" is the lack of a Wall? Because we've never had a Wall. And so you think that our country has ALWAYS had "open borders?" If so, then the burden is on the people arguing that there's a problem with our country having the same border policies and geography as the last few hundred years, right?

And not even Dotard himself can find real problems with the border. And he can't find real reasons to build his imaginary Wall.

And if the leader of his own movement can't even find real reasons behind it... Duhhhh there are no real reasons behind it, lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

LOL. If you actually read your own word salads before you post them and still click that "reply" then thank you. Have you tested out your writing chops with the network sitcom circuit, because you are composing some golden age of laugh track material here. If you do not read your own words prior to clicking "reply," then it means you're that damn gifted and probably should be looking towards political speech writing for the stand up comme... err, the Democratic party political candidates in DC. Either way, COMEDY GOLD my friend, comedy gold. My sides are presently somewhere out by the Casinni Probe.

Good! Your laughter can help you cope with the slow, dark realization that Donald is retarded, and so are his ideas, including his Wall daydream.

On the other hand, I'll be laughing when he is removed from office, and hopefully sent to prison, where the other prisoners will probably love the feel of his soft, womanly body.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

your most recent posts have bored me.

You've obviously spent too much time groping yourself today, because I find anything that causes me outbursts of laughter to be the furthest thing from boredom. Have a glass of beer and reread. You may find that while the government is shutdown until our Wall has been started on, the horselaughs and guffaws are not only reporting to work in their entirety, your sides will receive their full paycheck of pain as they leave your body and head to orbit (which, someday, may be a good vantage point from which to view the soon to be funded Wall protecting us from illegals along our Southern border.)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Yes, yes I'm sure you will...

Please carry on. Tell me more about the international laws being violated and how orange skin equates to triggering among steers. I've not been this entertained since WKRP dropped turkeys from a helicopter.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Guilty conscience much?

Don't think I addressed the reply to which you replied to anyone in particular. The fact that you felt compelled to reply to me means that you feel as though the shoe fits.

Go ahead and lace that puppy up and put on the other while you're at it.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join