It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, This Shutdown... How has it Affected You?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Your delusional. projects.fivethirtyeight.com...

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Fivethirtyeight!?!?! LOL!!! Thanks, you're proving my point.
projects.fivethirtyeight.com...
Silver cited a 71.4% liklyhood of a Hillary presidency on election morning. How did that work out?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: peacefulpete

a reply to: peacefulpete

I basically call everything you're posting bullsnip. Yeah, I disagree wholeheartedly with your take. That said, feel free to sling accusations of white supremecy, "naziism," whatever at me. It's not like I care in any way.

Build the goddamned Wall, then add 10 feet to the top of it, and reopen a smaller government... period. Eff the doubters, screw the haters, laugh at the aggrieved.

The Wall is an expression of white supremacy. A stupid expression of white supremacy, lol. Thankfully most Americans are against it.

Fine, great, whatever. The government will remain shuttered until work on the Wall commences, either through the Dems tapping out or via Executive Order. Whether you like it or love it, learn to live with it because it is happening.

Maybe, maybe not. If executive order were to be used why hasn't it been done so yet?

Because the shutdown is also doing a good job of identifying government fat depositis which can be argued for reduction when the shutdown ends. Also, this President has expressed a reluctance to set precedent, unlike the previous handful of presidencies. He'd like to see this done through the proper channels.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The very premise of this OP is pretty stupid. So if one isn’t directly affected by this shutdown, therefore, it’s all right.

Well, few here were directly affected by the slaughter and murder of 911 so it was all right?

It takes time for things like this to trickle down and affect the many.

Trump depraved acts will soon affect the entire nation

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yeah it’s funny, the dim bulbs out there believe those scary people you mention will look at that wall, throw their hands up, and go back whence they came. Trump/wall supporters have to be the most naive idiots on the planet.

www.cato.org...

a reply to: queenofswords

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Trump/wall supporters have to be the most naive idiots on the planet.

...yea, that's gotta be it.

Otherwise you'd have absolutely no argument...right?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

a reply to: peacefulpete

Good, excellent, in fact. Added bonus, the Wall will make a wonderful backdrop for the group photos at our annual national Klan meetings in El Paso. It will also serve well the giant black and white Trump banners we have planned after he wins re-election and we grant him president for life status... they'll work equally well for his successor, Ivanka when she steps in in another 8-10 years. Enjoy it, friend, your manufactured reality can become the new normal.

He won while y'all were saying how unpopular he was and how "most Americans" were opposed to him in 2016... I'm not sure why you don't see the writing on the wall here. Either y'all are full of it up to your eyeballs and America is more comfortable with Trump than you'd like to believe, or the will of the people doesn't mean Jack and he'll be POTUS for a second term, seeing his priorities entirely fulfilled. Either way, you're swimming against a current which will eventually drown you and dump you corpse on a gravel bar in the middle of the river.

Dotard will not finish his term. And The Wall will never exist.

Again, he's past his halfway point, with no progress, and a huge surge of Democrats just took office, to fight against him.

If the wall was ever going to happen, it would have already happened in his first 2 years, when Republicans had a strangle hold on all branches of government. Yet they could not accomplish anything, even while controlling all branches of govt.

It's over. Democrats will not condone his retarded idea of a wall, it's really that simple.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It was a close election, trump won the electoral college by roughly 60,000. He lost the popular vote by the highest margin ever. And you guys wonder why we laugh in your faces. As I said, delusional.

Oh, btw here is the presidents favorite , the rwnj gold standard. www.rasmussenreports.com...

edit on 15-1-2019 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2019 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

What's "soon" mean to you, though? You've incessantly doomsayed that exact line for the past 2 and a half years and, well, in 2016 I certainly wouldn't have called 2019 "soon." Yet, it hasn't happened... so either your definition of "soon" is taken from the geologic time line's consideration of the term, or we're to conclude that you're an excitable boy who has overblown fear receptors and leans towards the hyperbolic.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Lot of laughter in America these days, I guess? You're laughing, I'm laughing... Thanks for the LOLs.

edit on 15-1-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Why is it these idiots that say we just want to keep Hispanics out of our country with a wall don't realize that we welcome Hispanics. We have multiple ways they can come in LEGALLY.

Hispanic AMERICANS are the same as any other American. Many of them, at least in my area, are enthusiastic Trump supporters, too. They love him and as Americans, don't want ILLEGAL entry of drugs or humans.

We just want to keep ILLEGAL people (regardless of color) out and unable to flood over the Southern border into our communities. (4 Bangladeshis were caught recently among the illegal invaders.)

We want to stop at least a portion of the ILLEGAL drugs pouring into our country.

We want to stop human trafficking and sex traffickers and gang members coming here ILLEGALLY.

Wet-behind-the-ears delayed adolescent shallow thinkers can't see, much less understand the difference.

You would think one wouldn't have to explain something so simple, but, alas, perhaps we are dealing with the 'R' word.

The "R" part is that it's LEGAL for people to seek asylum. Which defeats all the babble about it being illegal. It's not illegal.

It's legal as per international human rights laws.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Irrelevance.

You often worry about things that are over with?

Man stop trolling me. I made a statement, you argued it, then you posted a link that validated what I said. How lame, lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

All signs say: No. It won't happen.

You mean all those signs that said he wouldn't get elected to begin with? Those signs? Face it, you're either sporting a very skewed, wrong view of the American electorate, or the system is rigged against you. Either way, you lose, we win, carry on court jester because I appreciate the LOLs.

It's almost impossible that you really believe all that stuff.

Do you know any Americans, by the way, or have you ever visited, to actually know and understand American people and values?

You sound like a very distant observer, who is completely misguided what is really happening in our country...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

It's legal as per international human rights laws.

Whoopitty damn doo dah. That and a buck 95 will buy you a cup of coffee. Sovereign nations define what is and what is not legitimate asylum and, beyond that, they decide whether they will or will not accept asylum seekers. Take you international law kazoo and toot it in front of the UN where it belongs, we are the United States, which means our policies line up with the UN when, and only when that policy suits us and a country. When it does not, in cases such as asylum seekers, the UN can feel free to do nothing and like it. It's not like the US is going to provide troops and sanctions against itself should the UN find us in violation.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Silver cited a 71.4% liklyhood of a Hillary presidency on election morning. How did that work out?

She won 3 million more votes than Dotard.

So such predictions were right. No one expected such a technicality of electoral college numbers, to go against the very real popular vote results. Of course, Russian hacking seems to have helped that electoral college technicality...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Im not laughing with you, I’m laughing at you. And so is America. I’ve never seen so many people who reject reality. It’s a common thread among internet rwnj’s.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The very premise of this OP is pretty stupid. So if one isn’t directly affected by this shutdown, therefore, it’s all right.

Well, few here were directly affected by the slaughter and murder of 911 so it was all right?

It takes time for things like this to trickle down and affect the many.

quoted for truth

link   
Government shutdown affecting food inspection

Diners worry that 41 percent of the Food and Drug Administration’s food inspectors have been furloughed due to the ongoing partial government shutdown. That means the FDA’s actually inspecting only about one-third of the 160 facilities it normally checks every week until Congress and President Donald Trump can finally agree on how to fund border security.
www.njtvonline.org...

And the threat is real. Every year, one in six Americans get a foodborne illness. In November, supermarkets cleared romaine lettuce off the shelves after E. coli sickened 62 people in 16 states, including New Jersey.

People who don't think just want to defend the acts of a mad man will think everything's all right

God forbid people get sick because of this shutdown, a sadistic act by a mad man, Trump and the people who enable him in the GOP.

There are national parks filling with garbage, people waiting in long lines at the airports, very poor people and farmers not getting the aid they usually get and many many more problems arise every day.

Only a selfish fool wouldn't see the damage done by this depraved moron Trump and his enablers in the Republican party

edit on 15-1-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Yeah it’s funny, the dim bulbs out there believe those scary people you mention will look at that wall, throw their hands up, and go back whence they came. Trump/wall supporters have to be the most naive idiots on the planet.

www.cato.org...

a reply to: queenofswords

Again, quoted for truth.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Do you know any Americans, by the way, or have you ever visited, to actually know and understand American people and values?

You sound like a very distant observer, who is completely misguided what is really happening in our country...

Oh really?

You keep trying for something other than nothing in that box, Ms Weaver.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Lol look another person who doesn't understand how probability (or math) works. Stop acting like Nate Silver had Hillary at 100%, because that's the only way your clever quip makes any sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join