It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, This Shutdown... How has it Affected You?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Mass government reductions in force terminations are possible starting five days from now.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hasn't affected me one bit. I imagine if it goes on long enough, it might delay my income tax refund. So, it could easily go on until May before I would notice.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So because you and no one you know have been personally affected, this whole thing just doesn't matter. Got it. That's exactly what's wrong with America now. Everyone cares about self and says to hell with everyone else. There's nearly a million people missing out on everything from food, to healthcare, to child expenses. Have a heart.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana
a reply to: TheRedneck

The Far Left (Dems) turned down another chance to negotiate with Trump on Tuesday over lunch. As you've been saying, they have zero interest in negotiation. Just 'no'. Obama ignored everything and went around Congress and nobody cared, Trump should do the same.

interesting that they do not want a discussion
it will be their downfall

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Not one bit. I still make money on my own. People are still buying my stuff

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

We need to shave a trillion off the budget every year. Grow the economy and start paying down the 22 trillion we owe so as not to pass it on to our children and grandchildren!!!! Sorry, but don't hire most back makes more sense. Means test social security (yes I've paid into it and probably would be impacted by such a change), and ONLY citizens get benefits of ANY kind.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Apllied for a new job. Still awaiting a US postal service background check.

Build that wall!!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: peacefulpete
The topic is not a straw man, the topic is the topic.

The position you attributed to me was a strawman.

Yes there is a reduction of daily safety inspections on the actual planes in our country.

By which agency?

Please post a link of the contrary because u seem to be making up statements like that.

WASHINGTON, D.C. (AP) — The Federal Aviation Administration says it has brought about 500 safety inspectors back to work and expects more to return next week, potentially easing strains on the aviation system amid a partial federal government shutdown.

Your post acknowledges the reduction of safety inspections... which is why your post is about bringing them BACK lol. Because they were reduced...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: Jonjonj

This right here may be the funniest thing I have ever read on ATS.

You should try some of his threads - lots of comedy gold there.

On topic, did not Americans vote Trump because they wanted his wall?

Funny, yep Nazi ideology is hilarious, keep on pushing for "The Wall" that you guys know won't ever be built.

By the way, do u Wall guys know that you can buy a bucket of Lego's for pretty cheap? You can build walls and everything!!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: Jonjonj

This right here may be the funniest thing I have ever read on ATS.

You should try some of his threads - lots of comedy gold there.

On topic, did not Americans vote Trump because they wanted his wall?

Well no, most Americans voted for Hillary (by 3 million more votes for her), and most Americans hate the Dotard, and most Americans don't want "The Wall," and most don't want to recreate Nazi Germany in America.

If you guys are hanging around with people that want such things, you really need better friends to associate with lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

a reply to: TheRedneck

By the way, my fellow American, didn't your grandfather get drafted into WWII? To kill Nazi's? Doesn't your family hate Nazi's and Nazi ideology, just like most Americans?

Does your family really want to recreate Nazi Germany, here in the US, nearly a century later, after your own grandfather devoted his life AGAINST white supremacy, just like most Americans?

Please explain how your grandfather gave his life to killing Nazi's and Nazi ideology, but yet your family wants to recreate the same thing that your grandfather gave his life fighting against?

have you seen the illinois nazis?
everybody hates those guys!

No, but I do know that most Americans hate Nazi's and Nazi ideology. Especially that most Americans have had family fight against the Nazi's in WWII.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: peacefulpete

Americans hate Nazi's.

Even white Americans hate Nazi's.

That's mighty racist of you. Some of us have moved beyond that sort of talk.

By the way, my fellow American, didn't your grandfather get drafted into WWII? To kill Nazi's?

No, two of my uncles were drafted into WWII to win the war. One was a conscientious objector... oh, not like the conscientious objectors of today, no, no... he asked to be trained as a medic instead of a soldier because he didn't want to kill anyone. So instead of "killing Nazis," he was the one who ran out into the midst of battle and rescued injured American soldiers.

He was a hero of the first degree, and never even talked about it; I found out from a military representative at his funeral (he received full military honors as he was laid to rest). Your characterization of him disgusts me, and I am sure it would disgust most Americans. You wouldn't know a "Nazi" if one walked up, slapped you across the face, and used a bullhorn to announce himself.

Your post is telling, though. Since you made the assumption that I had "grandfathers" in WWII (Mine were closer to WWI), it's obvious that you're young. That bothers me to see such racism among our youth. I raised my kids to be color blind and treat everyone as a person... even if they were white! Isn't that terrible?

BTW, you broke your own rule. You keep complaining that others are off topic by responding to you, but I see you are perfectly good with straying from the topic yourself to throw a little of that KKK propaganda our way. Let's see, how was it you put it? Oh, yeah: "blah, blah, blah" yourself.

TheRedneck

...It's not racist to acknowledge that most white Americans are against racism & white supremacy. Today's America is not equivalent to 1930's Germany. Most Americans hate Nazi's.

And you didn't even answer the question. How do you reconcile your own grandfathers devoting their lives to killing Nazi's and destroying their ideology... with your modern embrace of Nazi ideology? How do you reconcile that with your own family history against Nazi ideology?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
LOL! A thread about a government shutdown, how it has personally affected (or not) you and yours... and the best counter commentary is to roll out the exhausted "you support Nazis" liberal trope. It's as predictable as the sun rising in the east.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Berating someone into agreement has never worked in the history of mankind, but it seems an awful lot of people want to try it today.

Because they received a lot of backup from the media, Hollywood and all the other left coast elitists confirming their baseless claims that anyone who disagreed with them was some kind of -ist or -phobe. After the last 10 years of that, they've completely forgotten how to debate rationally.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
LOL! A thread about a government shutdown, how it has personally affected (or not) you and yours... and the best counter commentary is to roll out the exhausted "you support Nazis" liberal trope. It's as predictable as the sun rising in the east.

The funny part is there are some people acting like actual Nazis in this country. They're called antifa.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Clemson football team may or may not be depending on their eating habit.a

A White House flack claimed that because of all the furloughed residence staff due to the government shutdown, as well as the snow closures in D.C., the President went and bought a ton of fast food so the football players wouldn’t go hungry.

Link

News: Due to the government shutdown, President Trump is personally paying for the meals that will be provided to the Clemson team during their celebration tonight, CNN has learned. Trump said he's serving "McDonald's, Wendy's and Burger King's with some pizza." WH statement:

Link

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Your post acknowledges the reduction of safety inspections... which is why your post is about bringing them BACK lol. Because they were reduced...

Your post came AFTER they were called back by several days, that was from the 12th. Keep your panic pants on.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Your post came AFTER they were called back by several days, that was from the 12th. Keep your panic pants on.

Irrelevance. My point was that safety checks have been decreased, and you argued it, and then you posted a link that validated that yes, safety inspections were decreased. (Which is why your post mentions them being "called back.")

Great discussion guys.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

...You can't possibly disagree that Rump and his buddies are a bunch of white supremacists? aka Nazi's?

And that "The Wall" is an extension of that Nazi ideology?

Even his supporters know that Rump and his admin. are a bunch of hateful white supremacists. Have you not noticed it?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

The funny part is there are some people acting like actual Nazis in this country. They're called antifa.

But the actual topic is the white supremacy of the Dotard admin.

You know, like shutting down the government... because the orange Hitler-wannabe... wants to build a wall... as an expression of his own racism.

None of these topics can be removed from the Nazi mentality that they come from...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join