It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, This Shutdown... How has it Affected You?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
The shutdown will eventually create very serious national security issues.

really
howso? and when?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Have you seen this? Quite harrowing:

Hacksaw ridge

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Have a look at our airports for instance. The security checks are beginning to take as long as three hours or more. Investigations by the alphabet agency are also being impeded by failure to fund.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Have a look at our airports for instance. The security checks are beginning to take as long as three hours or more. Investigations by the alphabet agency are also being impeded by failure to fund.

longer lines= security issues?
the "alphabet agencies" are in the 75% that are funded

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

The situation is not sustainable.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 15-1-2019 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

The situation is not sustainable.

because you say so?
I disagree.
75% of the government is funded.
75% would be sustainable.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I will now. Thank you.

Not sure how far I'll get... might hit a bit to close to home about Uncle Bo. I thought the world of that old man.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

If our national security situation is that flimsy, perhaps the shutdown is a good thing for exposing its weakness.

Another reason for a National Emergency. Good call.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

It is very harrowing but he is truly heroic and it is a great film.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The security checks are beginning to take as long as three hours or more.

Eliminate the useless TSA and the problem is solved.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Eliminate the useless TSA and the problem is solved.

PREACH, BROTHER! TESTIFY!

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Eliminate them and then what? There already not coming to work.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Not sure what impact people are expecting - a government shutdown affects non-critical services, and not all the employees in them of course - they don't completely shut down certain agencies. Just because it isn't currently affecting you directly doesn't mean many people (aside from those directly impacted) aren't feeling the effects.

I guess the biggest difference between the left and the right at least in these forums, is empathy - having some, or having none unless it directly pertains to you or your family.

It's also very ironic that the right suddenly has empathy for a small % of people they don't even know, ONLY when it can be used as a political weapon. So many of their arguments on topics like the border wall (and other things) ring very hollow.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I feel bad for the people working for free and those furloughed.
I think congress should do its job.
Present a bill.
Make the senate block it.
They will not because border security and immigration is an issue that actually needs to be fixed.
Congress is not interested in fixing it IMO.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Eliminate them and then what? There already not coming to work.

With their success rate the honor system works better.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I guess the biggest difference between the left and the right at least in these forums, is empathy - having some, or having none unless it directly pertains to you or your family.

I have empathy, but I also know that I cannot make everything better. I prefer to concentrate on those things I can make better.

It's also very ironic that the right suddenly has empathy for a small % of people they don't even know, ONLY when it can be used as a political weapon. So many of their arguments on topics like the border wall (and other things) ring very hollow.

Everyone is at risk of losing their job, for a myriad of reasons. It happens every day. Businesses close, businesses downsize, a boss has a bed day... it's just a fact of life. It sucks. Big time sucks. But I cannot stop it, no law can stop it, no social program can stop it without bankrupting everyone else. What can be stopped is the availability of uncontrolled opiates, human trafficking, illegal firearms, and needless deaths from that small percentage of criminal illegal aliens. A wall will stop most of that, just like a prison wall stops most prisoners from escaping or a fence stops most livestock from going in an unwanted direction.

So I can spend my time lamenting over something that cannot happen, or trying to promote something that can happen. I choose to put my energy toward something that can happen. That's not being cold; it's being realistic.

I'll also admit that a lot of my empathy drains from me when I see posts like yours and statements like yours day after day, without any reasoning whatsoever, accusing me and anyone that thinks like me of being something I am not. Berating someone into agreement has never worked in the history of mankind, but it seems an awful lot of people want to try it today. It didn't work during the Obama era either, with the regular cries of "racist"... as a matter of fact, that's a lot of the reason why people like me tune out people like you today.

But keep trying... far be it from me to try to silence you like you obviously want to do to me.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

Hmmm Naziism.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Honestly, I didn't play college ball, but I did play HS and he's putting out the chow I'd have most preferred. Even right now, if someone gave me a choice between a Big Mac and some crap with truffles or caviar, I'd take the Big Mac.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The Far Left (Dems) turned down another chance to negotiate with Trump on Tuesday over lunch. As you've been saying, they have zero interest in negotiation. Just 'no'. Obama ignored everything and went around Congress and nobody cared, Trump should do the same.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join