It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hackers got us!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Skynet has defaced our website if you haven't seen. If I had a cable modem, I would go after him.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
huh?

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
calm yourself cammo dude, and keep all your cookies in the cookie jar

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross
calm yourself cammo dude, and keep all your cookies in the cookie jar

Good advice! But better advice is to eat your cookies, if you know what I mean.

And for those who don't know, we have been hacked. Look at this link to our site: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
They did get us. Wow. Oh well. Doesn't affect me at all. I go straight to the index. Its my homepage.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You're lucky, I just type til the site comes up. So all I had to type before was www.a .

But now I have to type it all the way. I'll just fix up my bookmark.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cammo Dude

And for those who don't know, we have been hacked. Look at this link to our site: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Easy there, dude.
The hackers didn't "get us."
That page is supposed to be there. Remember that whole thing last night, with the cookies and the stealth mode and all?

BTW, why in the world would you need a cable modem to "go after" someone? Dial-up works just fine, and if you're not as experienced as you'd like to be, the dynamic IP addys are a real plus.

*puts out a candy dish of Valium*
-B.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
They did get us, but not to the point where any damage occured, probably someone allied with Freemason or another_one

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
People William did that so we would not get hit. William made that page, we were not hacked repeat we were not hacked at all.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Why not say that in the first place???

Oh well, one less thing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
William in the chat room said he was going to do that. It just looked so real. Seems he knows how to write hacker.

(4/\/\/\/\0 |)|_||)3

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I don't like hackers.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
hello,
i am a little confused and outdated haha i have been 'away' what happend? and why the cool changes? yes it is very cool haha well thanks
-wetdog

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Being a hacker myself, I can personally say that defacing is something that only ever happens amongst ignorant hackers who use their skills as a way to get revenge. But it is nothing that I would ever turn to - nor would I want to.

Your culprit is most likely an ex forum member who got kicked off forever over a disagreement.

Hacking is something that is really frowned upon, when it should really be something to be nurtured and respected, as it usually develops all the best computer software.

A good example of hacking, is crop circles - although some people frown on it, it's actually quite an art form to make something that looks that impressive in just one night. It probably should be something could be respected by artists, as art. Much in the same way that hacking should be appreciated for the level of intellect and effort it requires - it displays high levels of talent and detirmination.

The admins of this forum probably wish that they were on more freindlier terms with these hackers so that they could ask them how they got in - which would help them secure the place.

I can't say that hacking is used for good all the time, but when it does happen, at least nobody gets killed, which is more than I can say for war in Iraq.

DarkStar.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
First, we weren't hacked.

Second, I agree that hacking should be respected as something that takes much skill.

Third, hacking can get people killed. There are some viruses made to over heat the system and cause a fire in some cases. Much like how a blackhole is like.

top topics

join