It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu - Israel struck Iranian weapons depot at Damascus airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

In a rare acknowledgment of Israeli operations in Syria, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the country's air force struck Syria over the weekend.

Speaking at Sunday's weekly Cabinet meeting, Netanyahu said: "In the last 36 hours, the air force has attacked Iranian warehouses with Iranian weapons in the Damascus International Airport.

The total sum of the last attacks prove that we are more determined than ever to act against Iran in Syria exactly as we promised." Netanyahu, who also serves as Israel's Defense Minister, made the statement while addressing outgoing Israel Defense Forces (IDF) Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot.

Netanyahu: Israel struck Iranian weapons depot at Damascus airport

Israel is determined not to let Iran build up weapons in Syria that can be used to attack it's country. The attack was carried out by the Israel Air Force without any reported losses.

Syria's state controlled news (SANA) reported most of the missiles fired by the Israel jet were shot down. Looks like they missed a few.

edit on 13-1-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I think Russia is going to ask Iran to limit there operations. They know Israel won't stop these strikes, and it will just be a continued liability for the efforts in Syria as a whole.

That's just a guess though.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Mess with Israel, you open a can of worms. Always have, always will. It's Biblical

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That would be a good idea. If the US withdraws and Iran gets out of the way Russia would have a easier time targeting ISIS.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I can’t wait to have the U.S. pull out of Syria and the ME in general. We don’t need to be in there. We aren’t doing any good and we can use those resources here at home.
edit on 2019/1/13 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Yeah and mess with Iran you can expect the same can of worms.
Israel has a dangerous obsession.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

And each time Israel™ bombs someone the U.S. taxpayer gets to feel a little bit of 'joy' because that bomb/rocket could've come from the $3.8 BILLION the U.S. GIVES Israel™ every year ($38 Billion over 10 years)

So those who like to wave their FLAGS, and this number has grown exponentially after the last US Presidential Erection, especially right here at this ecological niche We call ATS™...

Yea TEAM!!

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So Israel once again violated Syria's sovereign territory to attack Syria's allies, which benefits nobody but Syria's enemies who just happen to be the Islamic State?

Wow, amazing ally you have right there America.

Israel really is to America what North Korea is to China.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Mess with Israel, you open a can of worms. Always have, always will. It's Biblical

My dad is a 92 year old retired genius Scientist (Director of Research, fortune 500 company), and also Bible scholar, He some times checks Bible translation, word by word. He has found where Damascus is leveled, and told me this some years ago. Nothing was going on in Syria at the time. So lets see what happens. He called my attention to it once again recently
edit on 13-1-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
a reply to: Plotus

Yeah and mess with Iran you can expect the same can of worms.
Israel has a dangerous obsession.

Wanting to avoid being wiped off the map and exterminated is a dangerous obsession?

Really?

How dare Israel not meekly give in and let themselves be eradicated! The monsters.

You sound like Jew Hater.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Israel isn't going to allow Iran to set up forward bases in Syria, from which they could launch strikes on Israel.

I don't think they give a damn what the Russians, USA, UN or anyone has to say about it.

The Iranians keep trying, Israel keeps blowing their # up.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I can’t wait to have the U.S. pull out of Syria and the ME in general. We don’t need to be in there. We aren’t doing any good and we can use those resources here at home.

I whole heartedly agree with you.

Bringing "democracy" to countries who don't revolt for it is a waste of lives and money.

We're better off fixing our house and making people want what we have rather than forcing it on them.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
the only reason we are bothering with syria is because Europe being across the sea and israel being next door, i mean canada, mexico and our own oil production is more than enough to meet our needs nowadays.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
As I said, it's Biblical. hightimetoawake.com...

I'm just the messenger...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

this is israel openly taunting Iran - so who is the trouble maker now ???????????????

Funny that, always the victim even when they attack.

these actions makes a laughing stock out of those who believe them

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Another great time to remind folks that 'may' think those of Us typing against Israel™ are NOT anti-semites..

Doesn't a Jew observe The Torah? What does the Torah tell Us about occupying a "homeland" that is NOT restored by The Creator?

www.truetorahjews.org...

www.nkusa.org...

NuttinButaYahoo™ et al. are nothing more than ZIONIST™ running a ZIONIST™ CORPORATION™

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

That should read "ARE" anti-semitic. (Thanks to the guy from the State Dep't. to remind Me...)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just imagine what more Israel will do now they've got their F-35's.... yeah. Sorry Syrian and Russian assets.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
So Israel once again violated Syria's sovereign territory to attack Syria's allies, which benefits nobody but Syria's enemies who just happen to be the Islamic State?

Wow, amazing ally you have right there America.

Israel really is to America what North Korea is to China.

You do realise that the Israeli aircraft don't have to actually enter Syrian airspace to target around the Damascus area. The Israelis use a lot of stand off munitions launched from fighter aircraft.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo
They pretty much always fire from over Lebanese airspace. Primarily they are trying to stop Iran sending anti-aircraft munitions to Hezbollah, because then Israel could no longer raid Syria from Lebanese airspace. I believe that Israel will succeed.

join