It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Military Wants to Inject People's Brains With Nanobots That Could Replace Medicine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Who are they using for test subjects?

My guess would be first animals then humans.

I think there was just some law passed that allowed human testing of brain devices.

Cant think of it now ill look around.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The best subjects are always the unwitting volunteers. Recruits, soldiers and other expendable personnel.

Mandatory vaccinations before overseas deployments, or overseas military medical facilities would be good covert ways of testing covertly while providing the ability to maintain maximum secrecy.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Taken to the extreme this may mean that we (eventually) become the Borg.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Taken to the extreme this may mean that we (eventually) become the Borg.

The big difference is this technology is too small for the human eye to see.
As time goes by the size of technology keeps getting smaller and smaller.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

nanobots can programed, hacked and reprogrammed, if not by today's technology then by tomorrows technology.

bad idea but there will be plenty of people who will happily accept them in the same way there are those who just cant wait for the cashless economy to come.

ignorance is bliss.

pretty soon people are going to start feeling the pointy end of big brother but of course by the time they realise the full exist to which other people control their decisions and therefore their lives it will way way too late to do anything about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

nanobots can programed, hacked and reprogrammed, if not by today's technology then by tomorrows technology.

bad idea but there will be plenty of people who will happily accept them in the same way there are those who just cant wait for the cashless economy to come.

ignorance is bliss.

pretty soon people are going to start feeling the pointy end of big brother but of course by the time they realise the full exist to which other people control their decisions and therefore their lives it will way way too late to do anything about it.

All very true, however there may be a method to create quantum computational nanobots based on quantum computers which could be unhackable. Once they start self replicating they would quickly become the new standard of the technology.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Like anything it’s amoral and can be used for bad and good.

The thing is, after seeing how tech from weapons to mass surveillance and data tracking has been used, i don’t fully trust such tech in the hands of the same power. I especially don’t trust them putting it in my body.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: fluff007

I'm all up for leaps and bounds in health science, however I feel that this technology, like many others, won't be used for many positive activities...

If it can be used as a weapon or form of control it will be.

Don't want any of their nanobots in me!!

What science tends to miss, is that prevention is better than cure...
Exactly.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: fluff007

I'm all up for leaps and bounds in health science, however I feel that this technology, like many others, won't be used for many positive activities...

If it can be used as a weapon or form of control it will be.

Don't want any of their nanobots in me!!

What science tends to miss, is that prevention is better than cure...

Yes I get where your comming from however I think this technology is similar to the internet it started out as a military devoce then gradually intergrated into society. The internet is used for all kinds of stuff both good and bad.
When it comes to the internet we wonder who controls it? The governments of the world each have their own version of it. Those who refuse to use the internet are around but we find everything difficult without it.
So I think this new tech is similar in that way it can be used for better or for worse.
Do we use wifi to bomb people yes, but its also used to entertain, comunicate, and for medicne.

Another thing is that I think we already have some kinds of tiny technology within us probably smart dust.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

I think there was just some law passed that allowed human testing of brain devices.

It would be interesting to find out who these nanobot super soldiers are and just what they can do better because of this. It's probably classified like so many of these projects.

First they say "Painkilling Nanobots" then Wolverine-like powers to heal themselves. It's sounds a little over the top. Next we see "neuroprosthetic research" and “new, high-precision, minimally invasive technologies for modulating nerve circuits to restore and maintain human health.” So it's something electrical that activates nerves. Not exactly Wolverine-like powers to heal themselves.

Anyway it does sound like human patients. The author doesn't seem to know exactly what it does. It might still be at the proposal stage. I hope they have something to back up the hype.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

It would be interesting to find out who these nanobot super soldiers are and just what they can do better because of this. It's probably classified like so many of these projects.

First they say "Painkilling Nanobots" then Wolverine-like powers to heal themselves. It's sounds a little over the top. Next we see "neuroprosthetic research" and “new, high-precision, minimally invasive technologies for modulating nerve circuits to restore and maintain human health.” So it's something electrical that activates nerves. Not exactly Wolverine-like powers to heal themselves.

Anyway it does sound like human patients. The author doesn't seem to know exactly what it does. It might still be at the proposal stage. I hope they have something to back up the hype.

I forsee these types of technologies becoming the new bandaids and rash creams.

However I think teir potential is much much more.

There will probably be different types available but none that we would deem superhuman available to people.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I would be interested to see an interview with one of these subjects.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I can say for sure that understanding OptiMind has improved. I became collected or something, I remembered what tasks had to be done in a week, earlier without recording in any way - I constantly looked into my notebooks. tonusjournal.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: vector77777

Sounds great, I'll try it.
Tell DARPA to sign me up!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
a reply to: vector77777

Sounds great, I'll try it.
Tell DARPA to sign me up!

Comsidering that smart dust and neural dust exist you may aready have some LOL.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The robot may send info like the soldiers energy level, GPS, and stimulate certain parts of the brain to produce adrenaline.

Have to look at things with an open mind, maybe in the future tiny bots can fight infection and disease.

Future humans will laugh at how Barbaric we were with needles and surgeries that open the body from the outside instead working internally....

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
They would have to prove its safety, but I would be alright with this.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This 'injected nanobots' subject was covered in a 1995 episode of "The Outer Limits". (season 1, episode 14: "The New Breed") It did not end well for the poor man ...As with many other topics, the show was very often ahead of its time.:

m.imdb.com...

edit on 2/4/2019 by Jubilation T Cornpone because: bad link

edit on 2/4/2019 by Jubilation T Cornpone because: bad link

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubilation T Cornpone

I remember that episode. Outer limits has always taken an intelligent look at future issues. Sort of like the new "Black Mirror" show is doing.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The U.S. Military Wants to Inject People's Brains With Nanobots That Could Replace Medicine.

Okie Dokie, but ya'll go ahead and go first, wouldn't want anyone to be left out.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join