It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Democrats don't want a wall.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheHenchman

originally posted by: soundguy
The vast majority of Americans don’t want the wall. Sorry if your delusional thinking interferes with reality. I’m pretty sure after they left your company they had to use industrial strength mind bleach to get the stupid out. a reply to: Lumenari

Why do you think that? I dont think you're right but whatever.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

twitter.com...

I think that because that's what most recent polls are showing, and everyone I know (Dems and Repubs included) don't want it.
www.pewresearch.org...
Point #3 in that article, 56% of the population doesn't want the wall expansion, while 40% do. That means the majority of the country doesn't want it.

The majority on ATS want it, but nationwide, it's the opinion of the minority.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Democrats and GOP voted to fund Steel Slat Fencing about a decade ago.

It was what was asked for by everyone that studied the issue and the Border Patrol on the ground.

It was about 700 Miles of it or a third of the entire border.

The remaining two-thirds? No one asked for a wall because it was water, crazy remote desert or mountains AKA places that people were not crossing because it would be too huge an endeavor or it would be too difficult to build a wall and maintain.

Sure, in recent weeks, the President has capitulated to reality that a "Wall" is something that no one wants and border agents think is stupid. The President now talks about a "see-through wall", which is a hillariously desperate torture of words in order to save face.

But the other thing the President needs to realize is that what border agents actually want now is very, very little "new" "see-through wall". The best case I have heard made was for an addition 5 miles of fencing on a mountain-side and even then the agent admitted it was to save them the hassle of having to patrol it although they virtually never saw anyone try and cross via a steep mountain.

So 25 Billion dollar great wall? No. It is stupid. It is campaign barking.

Yes, we could update and improve current fencing. The Dems and GOP have proposed that multiple times, President Trump refused.

New wall? Now see-through wall?
Let's get specific. The President said the entire border. No one in border security thinks that is a rational, sane, needed or effective idea. Best estimates of what will help might be 10 to 20 miles of new wall at the very most vs. the 1400 miles of wall he has ignorantly demanded.

Before writing a check for 5 Billion or 20 Billion, the President needs to explain the what and where of it. Taxpayers should write blank checks when the President barks campaign rhetoric that everyone agrees was stupid BS.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The Dems simply know from their own attempts to build the wall that it is unfeasible. Lawsuits prevented the wall from being built in certain places and they will continue to keep the wall from being built. The reality is that most of the wall in question would have to built on private property and those land owners will fight forever to prevent it. Just take one look at a 10 year old metal wall at other places of the border and you will know why. They have become the ugliest structures in the world with the rust, etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I just think it's a waste of money. Build a wall..then they build a tunnel. I have yet to hear or see someone go after the employers of illegals in the country. SOMEONE is paying them when they get here. Or even go after the people who overstay their visas. It's political class warfare anyway due to the fact the only ones getting hurt by the shutdown is the American working public. (TSA, FDA, you pick) I'm actually interested with how long this can actually last.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I thin its pretty obvious: nancy and the democrats are simultaneously arguing for open borders, the right for illegals to vote, and the end of the electoral college. If the agenda isn't clear at this point - it never will be.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

😂😂😂😂😂...I just... I just can't with this RWNJ crap anymore. Why are people gonna die? And how is it "statistically" probable whatsoever, that only people who oppose the wall are gonna wind up dead? Whats gonna happen? Seems to me like if your not gonna get your way on what you think should be a priority for the country, you'd be in favour of violence. Good thing you gotta 50-50 chance though.....Right macgyver? Just don't turn in all you friends and family memebers to big brother. It may hurt your chances.
edit on 15-1-2019 by Jg513 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Jg513

That was my thought too...why am I gonna die just because I oppose the wall? Is Lumenari and their ilk going to come kill me? I don't understand that comment at all.

I'm still waiting on the statistics that prove it, too.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I thin its pretty obvious: nancy and the democrats are simultaneously arguing for open borders, the right for illegals to vote, and the end of the electoral college. If the agenda isn't clear at this point - it never will be.

Actually Nancy isn't in favor of any of these things.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltheghost
I just think it's a waste of money. Build a wall..then they build a tunnel. I have yet to hear or see someone go after the employers of illegals in the country. SOMEONE is paying them when they get here.

There is stuff you say to get your political base all riled up and there is stuff you do to make money.

Attorney for two alleged Trump National Golf Club undocumented workers calls for investigation
www.cnn.com...

What Donald Trump Knew About Undocumented Workers at His Signature Tower
time.com...

Trump business empire shuns E-Verify, hires illegal immigrants
www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

They don't want it because trump does.
If trump didn't want it then they would.

That's as simple as it gets I feel.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

originally posted by: Lumenari
I made this thread because I had to explain it to a liberal family member last night.

Moderates, Conservatives and some Democrats have pointed out lately the hypocrisy of Nancy, Check and Co. If they were all for wall and border security less than a decade ago, why the complete opposition now?

Some have taken the obvious reason... Orange Man bad and it's just political posturing.

Others have pointed out that Nancy (won the gavel by two votes... supposedly) feels that her position now will only continue be held if she becomes the face of #resist... So she can only retain power if she gives the President absolutely nothing.

Both points of view have their merit, however I believe that the real reason is a longer term goal the DNC is following.

To understand it, we have to at first take a historical look at California politics. A quick background...

LA Times Article

With the exception of the Goldwater race (a topic all its own and an excellent example of how the Democrats got VERY good at smearing a candidate), California was pretty pro-Republican since 1948.

After the Reagan Revolution, the DNC had pretty much given up on California.

Then came the Democrat's saving grace... immigration and the upswing of the Latino population.

California’s Latino and Asian populations boomed in the 1990s and the growing segment of voters were turned off by the Republican Party’s hard-line stance on immigration. After the party closely tied itself to Proposition 187, a controversial California ballot measure that denied public services to people in the country illegally, Republicans struggled to win back the state's immigrant population. Democratic candidates have won decisively in every election since 1992 by performing well in the most populous areas. Despite failing to win the presidency, Hillary Clinton won a higher percentage of votes than any candidate since Franklin D. Roosevelt.

So California, a state that once had a balanced budget and turned itself into a world-class economy, was turned through the Latino vote and lax immigration policy enforcement into a Progressive Utopia.

Illegal immigration was a component of this.

SoOo... the DNC has already conquered California and now has a blueprint of how to do it.

Now it is time for Texas.

If the DNC can take Texas and in doing so its electoral votes, they will have in essence taken control of the Electoral College.

So at this point, they NEED illegal immigration. Especially in Texas and Arizona.

The end game is very simple... ownership of a voter block that is the fastest growing part of American population right now.

I joke sometimes and use the term "undocumented Democratic voter" but it is true, statistically.

So when you point out (rightly) to other people the hypocrisy of the left in their stance on the wall right now, keep in mind that it has nothing to do with compassion towards immigrants or the "immorality" of a wall.

It is actually all about the DNC attempting to accrue enough power to become the only party that has a say in anything.

Democrats really could care less about who is getting paid or not right now, they could care less about crime rates, murders and drugs. Pelosi last I read was in Puerto Rico fund raising while Trump has been sitting at the White House, ready to make a deal.

This is why illegal immigrants are more important to them right now than American citizens.

It is also why when almost a million Federal employees (American citizens) are not getting paid right now, the percentage of our 21 million or so illegal immigrants on welfare will keep getting paid.

They are, after all, more important.

However, in closing let me add a quick video from someone who expresses better than I the fate of the Latino population under Democratic sponsorship...

Where is your wall with Canada? We see right through your crap. The administration wants to spend good money to keep it's base happy. The base doesn't like brown people.

We're not playing that game.

That’s a bunch of bologna. We don’t dislike them because they’re brown. We dislike them because they come over here fraudulently abusing our welfare system, education system, taking American jobs, lowering our pay scale, adding to our existing gang problems amongst many other issues they bring with them. The real kicker is......that we’re paying for them to screw us. People are getting fed up and sick of this BS. It’s not right what they’re doing, morally or ethically.

As far as I’m concerned, they can get to the back of the immigration line and come in legally as millions of others before them have done.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join