It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Democrats don't want a wall.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: soundguy

You have a poll for your non-sense to cite?

Otherwise you better get some of that mind bleach to use on yourself.

Hells, the Dems helped approve 325 miles of fence in 2006...now all of a sudden dont want to fund 250? Yeah, OK.

Actually, we do. 56% of the population doesn’t want the wall to expand. Point #3 in this link:
www.pewresearch.org...

If the Pew poll is right, then the majority of Americans no longer agree with the idea of sovereignty.

Which to me is quite OK... I'm in a place and with people that we have at least a 50/50 chance of getting through that and fixing things after.

Not sure exactly why you are championing the idea however, since statistically you are going to be the dead people in that scenario...

But hey... dead people WTW!

Awesome post... it gives me hope for a better America!

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
The vast majority of Americans don’t want the wall. Sorry if your delusional thinking interferes with reality. I’m pretty sure after they left your company they had to use industrial strength mind bleach to get the stupid out. a reply to: Lumenari

You're an idiot without a clue. Why don't you go 'bleach' yourself.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Yeah that's some fake news right there.. Clinton, Obama, Pelosi all voted for the wall reconstruction act under Bush and Obama but now all of a sudden?? Such a worthless shill of a group.. OBVIOUSLY bought and controlled..

edit on 13-1-2019 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall
a reply to: mtnshredder

Yeah that's some fake news right there..

Funny how some will talk out the side of their neck like they think they know what their talking about, yet all they do is prove to the world how ignorant and clueless they are. Some like this particular person are fond of doing it on a daily basis. Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I’d love to see the “statistics” you’re referring to in your semi-threatening post. “I’ll be alive but you’ll statistically die”.
Weird direction to go when you were proven wrong.

The bottom line is, the majority of the country doesn’t want the wall.

Which means you (and most of ATS) are in the minority. It’s ultimately just a difference in opinion, but you hold the opinion of the minority.

That needed to be repeated, because I feel a lot of members here don’t understand that.

ETA: This is a reply to Lumenari's last reply to me. Not sure why it didn't show the quote when I hit the "quote" button.
edit on 14-1-2019 by narrator because: ETA

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think this is being overly analyzed. Its simple, politics in America have turned into "obstruct at any cost." It's been coming slowly, but right now the best strategy to win support is to just not allow the opposition to make any significant changes to make them seem ineffective and weak.

But honestly, we wouldn't even be having this conversation if Trump had secured his funding when he had the house and senate. Instead of funding the wall, they used their majority to pass that tax bill.

Politicians are awful. We need to do something about the legality of buying congressman and senators.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
No, it's not being over-analyzed. The fact is, the Dems don't want The Wall in terms of Trump's vision of it. They have and will continue to fund border security --- physical and otherwise. There are several hundred million sitting idle from the 2017 budget. If the border is a crisis then why is that money unspent? The Wall is a stupid idea. If they give Trump his $5.7b then it will be wasted money just to stroke his ego. The actual 'Wall' will cost $20-30b and there's no provision to finish it. I'll say it again, it's like building 100ft of a 500ft bridge. It's useless. Tell Trump to stop demanding his vanity project and start discussing real border security and immigration reform. This is just an ego play. Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Did you read the proposal that they were in support of?
It's not the same thing

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Just thought I would add this to the mix. As one of the provisions in the UN's Sustainable Development Goals Treaty is this little gem.

Goal 10.
10.7 Facilitate orderly, safe, regular and responsible migration and mobility of people, including through the implementation of planned and well-managed migration policies.

The Democrats are trying to follow the Globalists lead when it comes to immigration.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

And so it continues !

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

The Democrats are trying to follow the Globalists lead when it comes to immigration.

Don't you mean that Democrats are interested in continuing to honor our international treaties?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Obama wanted a wall, Hillary Clinton wanted a wall too. Many in fact did want a wall or barricade to keep out illegals. They are playing a game of political tag. Pelosi and Chuck won't be reasonable with DT or discuss seriously what they wanted to a decade ago, and so on.

Catherine Pitts says it this way,

Paradigms or Republican VS. Democrat or Conservative VS. Progressive have been designed for obfuscation and entertainment.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
The vast majority of Americans don’t want the wall. Sorry if your delusional thinking interferes with reality. I’m pretty sure after they left your company they had to use industrial strength mind bleach to get the stupid out. a reply to: Lumenari

Why do you think that? I dont think you're right but whatever.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Libertarian crypto-fascist think tank The Cato Institute—which advocates open borders—has always been strongly opposed to Trump's border wall policy. They've produced three simple charts that demolish common claims about the alleged need for the wall:

The Institute's articles on this subject are worth reading.

'Trump Just Doesn’t Understand the Border: Here Are the Facts.'

'Why the Wall Won’t Work.'

'Trump's Wall Will Not Stop Terrorism.'

'The Cost of the Border Wall Keeps Climbing and It’s Becoming Less of a Wall.'

'New Cato Report: A Border Wall Won’t Stop Drug Smuggling—Marijuana Legalization Has.'

'A Wall Is an Impractical, Expensive, and Ineffective Border Plan.'

I'm not a libertarian, and unlike them I don't support open borders, but the CI is absolutely nailing it with their critique of the wall.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ntech

Don't you mean that Democrats are interested in continuing to honor our international treaties?

What I think is that there is a group that wants and is working for a new world order / one world government eventually and weakening national borders and individual nations is part of there long term planning.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ntechDon't you mean that Democrats are interested in continuing to honor our international treaties?

What I think is that there is a group that wants and is working for a new world order / one world government eventually and weakening national borders and individual nations is part of there long term planning.

Well if that's their plan, they're doing a very bad job because none of this is happening.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSporkster

originally posted by: ntechDon't you mean that Democrats are interested in continuing to honor our international treaties?

Well if that's their plan, they're doing a very bad job because none of this is happening.

20 million illegals in this country and its not happening? LMAO

Further from your article:

Nonetheless, the height might discourage some migrants from climbing, and it would certainly take them longer to do so, which would give Border Patrol more time to reach them.
edit on 15-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Biggest reason they don't want a wall? They want an ever-increasing illegal voting base. More mindless people voting Dem.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
I made this thread because I had to explain it to a liberal family member last night.

Moderates, Conservatives and some Democrats have pointed out lately the hypocrisy of Nancy, Check and Co. If they were all for wall and border security less than a decade ago, why the complete opposition now?

Some have taken the obvious reason... Orange Man bad and it's just political posturing.

Others have pointed out that Nancy (won the gavel by two votes... supposedly) feels that her position now will only continue be held if she becomes the face of #resist... So she can only retain power if she gives the President absolutely nothing.

Both points of view have their merit, however I believe that the real reason is a longer term goal the DNC is following.

To understand it, we have to at first take a historical look at California politics. A quick background...

LA Times Article

With the exception of the Goldwater race (a topic all its own and an excellent example of how the Democrats got VERY good at smearing a candidate), California was pretty pro-Republican since 1948.

After the Reagan Revolution, the DNC had pretty much given up on California.

Then came the Democrat's saving grace... immigration and the upswing of the Latino population.

California’s Latino and Asian populations boomed in the 1990s and the growing segment of voters were turned off by the Republican Party’s hard-line stance on immigration. After the party closely tied itself to Proposition 187, a controversial California ballot measure that denied public services to people in the country illegally, Republicans struggled to win back the state's immigrant population. Democratic candidates have won decisively in every election since 1992 by performing well in the most populous areas. Despite failing to win the presidency, Hillary Clinton won a higher percentage of votes than any candidate since Franklin D. Roosevelt.

So California, a state that once had a balanced budget and turned itself into a world-class economy, was turned through the Latino vote and lax immigration policy enforcement into a Progressive Utopia.

Illegal immigration was a component of this.

SoOo... the DNC has already conquered California and now has a blueprint of how to do it.

Now it is time for Texas.

If the DNC can take Texas and in doing so its electoral votes, they will have in essence taken control of the Electoral College.

So at this point, they NEED illegal immigration. Especially in Texas and Arizona.

The end game is very simple... ownership of a voter block that is the fastest growing part of American population right now.

I joke sometimes and use the term "undocumented Democratic voter" but it is true, statistically.

So when you point out (rightly) to other people the hypocrisy of the left in their stance on the wall right now, keep in mind that it has nothing to do with compassion towards immigrants or the "immorality" of a wall.

It is actually all about the DNC attempting to accrue enough power to become the only party that has a say in anything.

Democrats really could care less about who is getting paid or not right now, they could care less about crime rates, murders and drugs. Pelosi last I read was in Puerto Rico fund raising while Trump has been sitting at the White House, ready to make a deal.

This is why illegal immigrants are more important to them right now than American citizens.

It is also why when almost a million Federal employees (American citizens) are not getting paid right now, the percentage of our 21 million or so illegal immigrants on welfare will keep getting paid.

They are, after all, more important.

However, in closing let me add a quick video from someone who expresses better than I the fate of the Latino population under Democratic sponsorship...

No, we don't want it because it was a stupid idea when trump ran with in his campaign. We didn't vote for trump then and we are not going to now. It's a stupid waste of money that could go to something useful.

It also represents another militarization of a portion of our country. Why you guys trying to militarize everything?

Facts are drugs are coming through legal ports of entry. Human trafficking is coming through legal ports of entry. More potential terrorists have been stopped at the Canadian border.

It's more of a violation of the law to go to Canada to buy cheap drugs, illegally crossing the border is just a misdemeanor, and your guy has created concentration camps to punish these people.

Where is your wall with Canada? We see right through your crap. The administration wants to spend good money to keep it's base happy. The base doesn't like brown people.

We're not playing that game.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join