It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Democrats don't want a wall.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I made this thread because I had to explain it to a liberal family member last night.

Moderates, Conservatives and some Democrats have pointed out lately the hypocrisy of Nancy, Check and Co. If they were all for wall and border security less than a decade ago, why the complete opposition now?

Some have taken the obvious reason... Orange Man bad and it's just political posturing.

Others have pointed out that Nancy (won the gavel by two votes... supposedly) feels that her position now will only continue be held if she becomes the face of #resist... So she can only retain power if she gives the President absolutely nothing.

Both points of view have their merit, however I believe that the real reason is a longer term goal the DNC is following.

To understand it, we have to at first take a historical look at California politics. A quick background...

LA Times Article

With the exception of the Goldwater race (a topic all its own and an excellent example of how the Democrats got VERY good at smearing a candidate), California was pretty pro-Republican since 1948.

After the Reagan Revolution, the DNC had pretty much given up on California.

Then came the Democrat's saving grace... immigration and the upswing of the Latino population.

California’s Latino and Asian populations boomed in the 1990s and the growing segment of voters were turned off by the Republican Party’s hard-line stance on immigration. After the party closely tied itself to Proposition 187, a controversial California ballot measure that denied public services to people in the country illegally, Republicans struggled to win back the state's immigrant population. Democratic candidates have won decisively in every election since 1992 by performing well in the most populous areas. Despite failing to win the presidency, Hillary Clinton won a higher percentage of votes than any candidate since Franklin D. Roosevelt.

So California, a state that once had a balanced budget and turned itself into a world-class economy, was turned through the Latino vote and lax immigration policy enforcement into a Progressive Utopia.

Illegal immigration was a component of this.

SoOo... the DNC has already conquered California and now has a blueprint of how to do it.

Now it is time for Texas.

If the DNC can take Texas and in doing so its electoral votes, they will have in essence taken control of the Electoral College.

So at this point, they NEED illegal immigration. Especially in Texas and Arizona.

The end game is very simple... ownership of a voter block that is the fastest growing part of American population right now.

I joke sometimes and use the term "undocumented Democratic voter" but it is true, statistically.

So when you point out (rightly) to other people the hypocrisy of the left in their stance on the wall right now, keep in mind that it has nothing to do with compassion towards immigrants or the "immorality" of a wall.

It is actually all about the DNC attempting to accrue enough power to become the only party that has a say in anything.

Democrats really could care less about who is getting paid or not right now, they could care less about crime rates, murders and drugs. Pelosi last I read was in Puerto Rico fund raising while Trump has been sitting at the White House, ready to make a deal.

This is why illegal immigrants are more important to them right now than American citizens.

It is also why when almost a million Federal employees (American citizens) are not getting paid right now, the percentage of our 21 million or so illegal immigrants on welfare will keep getting paid.

They are, after all, more important.

However, in closing let me add a quick video from someone who expresses better than I the fate of the Latino population under Democratic sponsorship...

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
IMO

Illegals are counted in the census. Fact.

The number of people in each state dictates the number of representatives. Fact

Sanctuary cities and states attract more Illegals. Fact

Therefore Illegals (and Dems) grow their sphere of influence. Fact

Illegals vote. IMO

If Illegals get the right to vote game over. Fact
edit on 13-1-2019 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The "Border Wall" simply creates another "Social Issue" since abortion and gun control are stale.

Have to have those Social issues to drive the news cycle and keep everyone from questioning why we allow congress to pass laws and regulations to keep our medical costs sky high.

As for the wall, Democrats don't want it because they have been told by the media where to stand on the position. If the media and democrats suddenly said that it was necessary and the Republicans and or Trump was against it, they would be all in for it.

edit on 13-1-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The vast majority of Americans don’t want the wall. Sorry if your delusional thinking interferes with reality. I’m pretty sure after they left your company they had to use industrial strength mind bleach to get the stupid out. a reply to: Lumenari

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

The "Border Wall" simply creates another "Social Issue" since abortion and gun control are stale.

Have to have those Social issues to drive the news cycle and keep everyone from questioning why we allow congress to pass laws and regulations to keep our medical costs sky high.

Possibly.

However, it is a very real issue, as opposed to gun ownership or abortion.

Both of which you can do or not under existing laws, so I see no real issue there at all.

My medical insurance cost has been going down the last 2 years and I can afford to offer all my employees a gold plan free to them now, thanks to our current economy. So that's not an issue for me either.

+30 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
The vast majority of Americans don’t want the wall. Sorry if your delusional thinking interferes with reality. I’m pretty sure after they left your company they had to use industrial strength mind bleach to get the stupid out. a reply to: Lumenari

The majority of liberals don't.

Sorry sweety... liberals such as yourself actually comprise about 25% of our country.

You just sound like a lot more because of all the RREEEEEEEE.

As for the rest of your post, if you are going to be insulting at least be good doing it.

I found it infantile and boring... no zingers there, no real meat, as it were.

So just more RRRREEEEEEEE.

Back to the lab for you...

And this time at least attempt to address the OP.

And edited to add.... you posted 6 minutes after I made the OP.

So you never made it past the title... no way you could have had your care provider read it for you and then post a response in that time.

edit on 13-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

You have a poll for your non-sense to cite?

Otherwise you better get some of that mind bleach to use on yourself.

Hells, the Dems helped approve 325 miles of fence in 2006...now all of a sudden dont want to fund 250? Yeah, OK.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
IMO

Illegals vote. IMO

My daughter's husband is Hispanic and the majority of his family is illegal. (San Antonio)

They are paid to be bussed to 4 different counties and vote with 4 different names and addresses each Presidential election. And interestingly enough, they got the gig again this midterm election as well.

Illegals vote. FACT.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Why aren't you turning them in to the authorities then? Technically you are party to a felony.

You should be doing this instead.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You should find some way to collect evidence that would expose something like that to the world in a way that the mainstream media, authorities, and government can't possibly ignore.

It's a crime, if you know it's happening you have to do something right?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It’s simply politics as usual.

Like when the Republicans loved the health insurance mandate until Obama proposed it. Then they hated it.

Of course, this battle isn’t really about the constitutionality of the individual mandate. Members of the Republican Party didn’t express concerns that the individual mandate might be an unconstitutional assault on liberty when they devised the idea in the late 1980s, or when they wielded it against the Clinton White House in the 1990s, or when it was passed into law in Massachusetts in the mid-2000s. Indeed, Sen. Jim DeMint (S.C.), arguably the most conservative Republican in the Senate, touted Romney's reforms as a model for the nation. Only after the mandate became the centerpiece of the Democrats’ health-care bill did its constitutionality suddenly become an issue.

www.washingtonpost.com... .html?utm_term=.4e3a3df46ca7

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Why aren't you turning them in to the authorities then? Technically you are party to a felony.

You should be doing this instead.

I did and they didn't care.

Now... since we know that illegals vote but they were not the topic, care to comment on that?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

It's simple really. Illegals vote and they vote for Dems. Everything seems to support this fact yet everyone wants to ignore it and claim it isn't true.

DLs for illegals, not referring to them as illegals, no voter Id laws,etc.

Voter fraud is rampant and they'll do anything they can to keep them coming.

Jaden

edit on 13-1-2019 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

IMO

Illegals vote. IMO

My daughter's husband is Hispanic and the majority of his family is illegal. (San Antonio)

They are paid to be bussed to 4 different counties and vote with 4 different names and addresses each Presidential election. And interestingly enough, they got the gig again this midterm election as well.

Illegals vote. FACT.

You should get a hold of Judicial Watch and fill them in on the specifics of this voter fraud. If you have some meat they will call you on the phone to discuss the matter.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So you are going with the easy explanation with no real thought about the possibility of a longer term goal.

One that would help your own party immensely.

That's fair... at least I know where you stand on the subject.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Say WHAT? Your whole OP is about illegals voting. You then made an assertion that you were party to a felony without explaining that you turned them in. What exactly else should I have commented on?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Lumenari

IMO

Illegals vote. IMO

Illegals vote. FACT.

You should get a hold of Judicial Watch and fill them in on the specifics of this voter fraud. If you have some meat they will call you on the phone to discuss the matter.

To reiterate, I turned them in to the Texas Secretary of State, a decade ago.

They don't care.

Did cost me my relationship with my daughter for a long time, though.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Ever heard of Occam’s Razor?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Leftists don't want a wall so they can enact the Cloward-Piven Strategy.

"The Cloward–Piven strategy is a political strategy outlined in 1966 by American sociologists and political activists Richard Cloward and Frances Fox Piven that called for overloading the U.S. public welfare system in order to precipitate a crisis that would lead to a replacement of the welfare system with a national system of " a guaranteed annual income and thus an end to poverty"."
-Wiki

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think democrats are opposed to the wall, or a major expansion of barriers on the southern border mainly because if it works there will be no way back. If it actually delivers as promised (it definitely would) the political damage would be major for them, and future efforts to "tear down the wall" would prove impossible, it would be successful in ways from which they couldn't recover from politically.

It's bigger than just trump. They have to be right, the wall would prove them wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join