It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

101 ways Illegals get into the US beside the border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

I found this article super interesting. The drug traffickers in the El Chapo trial says that most drugs do not come in through the border.
Not that I would believe drug smugglers, but most of what is being said makes sense.

The article states the many ways drugs get in.
Fishing boats, tunnels, lots of tunnels, vessels, trains, cars, shipping cargo, and of course a favorite good ol' airplanes, and a dozen other legal methods.

Just think, if you can smuggle drugs in using these methods, what makes people think you can't smuggle people in?

edit on 13-1-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That was really interesting.

Its like all kinds of claims though that a wall is required, I have said it time and time again this is not about immigrations, drugs, terrorism or whatever else you want its about Trump appeasing his base of support. He has convinced them that they need this wall he has sold it to them like one of his condo's.

Its his cornerstone policy and its utterly pointless but he knows he has to be seen to be strong on this.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That article won't work; it is in English...

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
legalize drugs problem solved

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Are we supposed to give up and do nothing but sit on our hands and reeeeeeee. A border wall is only part of the solution, but it's something relatively cheap and easy that we can do now.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Imo, the issue is not about how many people will still come in illegally. The issue is how can we deter people from coming in illegally & deter human trafficking. A border wall is just 1 deterrent. Drugs are lighter than people, so one can just use drones to bring any drugs they want in with minimal chance of getting caught. Some other deterrents would be to stop giving illegals welfare, as well as, stopping sanctuary cities form illegally allowing illegals to stay in these cities & taxing all personal (non-business) wire transfers sent to Latin America.
edit on 13-1-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Drugs aren't the only thing crossing the border. legalize terrorist and human trafficking too?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
what methods of smuggling drugs into the US is legal?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If you stuff a person in a fuel tank or tire, it will work.

I say just bus them from the border into the midwest or northern states.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
legalize drugs problem solved

That would help.
Just think of all the money saved by not enforcing drug laws..

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Border wall is 1 deterrent, we don't stop at 1 its just the base deterrent which we build upon.

Such as:

Front door to your house locked 1st deterrent, house alarm 2 deterrents, a dog is 3rd deterrent, Glock beside bed on night table if those deterrents fail.

A wall would help I don't give a damn what the liberal baby's say. They are so scared of a wall reducing their voting block from coming over lol

edit on 13-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If they can lower the manpower to patrol the border, they can take those border patrol agents and use them to find the tunnels, check the cargo and vehicles, and observe the activity of the boats coming to the ports. We spend a real lot of money patroling that border, if we can reduce the area those workers can be reassigned and find drugs and illegals coming in other ways. They have ground sensing radar that can penetrate the ground looking for things and also tunnels, they have ones you can rent or buy to find artifacts in the ground and they will also sense underground cavities if conditions are right.

So, build the wall, cut the cost of the border security down somewhat to get a payback on the wall, and take lots of those employees and put them to work stopping other entrances into this country.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yet the people who would be Trunp’s base was ok with a wall when Obama suggested it and Obama’s base was ok with a wall too. Fast forward, Trump’s base is still ok with a wall and people who made up Obama’s base is not.

One side had had the same policy through multiple administrations and the other side flip flopped depending on the president.

I will agree that the wall is physical proof that something is being done. People are tired of politicians just talking, so that is part of the popularity of a wall, it’s tangible.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Does the wall have one of those one-way spinning doorway/gates like the subways, so we can leave this progressive, authoritarian country at some point?

The way constant increasing taxes and selling out citizens is going, we may need to leave at some point.

edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: Typo

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If there is a wall in some locations, you don’t have to have as much manpower there and the law enforecemnt officials can be reallocated there.

It’s almost like the opposite of automation. A Wall takes the place of agents and vehicles

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
what methods of smuggling drugs into the US is legal?

Poor wording on my part.
I meant things like overstaying visas
paying off people at border control so that a person in a regular car can smuggle and go right though
Being hidden in cargo that is being shipped here. That of course is legal, but their aspect of hiding is illegal.

For those saying you lock your door. Every burglar knows you can just break a window to get into a house.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It doesn't help that we have corruption inside the agencies that are designed to stop this.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

We can address each problem in sequence. First, the human trafficking and illegal crossings. The big caravans are not using "exotic" methods to sneak into America.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
Imo, the issue is not about how many people will still come in illegally. The issue is how can we deter people from coming in illegally & deter human trafficking. A border wall is just 1 deterrent. Drugs are lighter than people, so one can just use drones to bring any drugs they want in with minimal chance of getting caught. Some other deterrents would be to stop giving illegals welfare, as well as, stopping sanctuary cities form illegally allowing illegals to stay in these cities & taxing all personal (non-business) wire transfers sent to Latin America.

I love when people use scary words like human trafficking. Sure there are human traffickers that come from down south.

Here is a reality check, there are human traffickers all over the US, using good ol' American people. Seriously, read up on it, if people think this wall will put even a dent in it, they are deluding themselves.
I live in Wisconsin. If you come up here you'll see there aren't very many people from Mexico, Honduras, etc, but we have a Gigantic Human trafficking problem. A wall will not solve that problem.

I am not against the wall. I just don't like when it is being portrayed as the be all and end all of America's problems.
It will not stop drugs, it will not stop human trafficking. I'd put money on that.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
It doesn't help that we have corruption inside the agencies that are designed to stop this.

YES! You get it.
a chain is only as good as its weakest link!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join