It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia becomes the only country in the world of Jesus Christ

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I had to look up the Vologda region. I did not know where it was. It looks lovely. Can you get your mate Putin to sort me out a small farm holding somewhere nice and quiet with woods and bears please.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

I had to look up the Vologda region. I did not know where it was. It looks lovely. Can you get your mate Putin to sort me out a small farm holding somewhere nice and quiet with woods and bears please.

There are many government programs in Russia that help immigrants who want to live and work on the land and be farmers. It is not necessary to contact Putin, just look at these programs on the website of the Russian Migration Service and use them.
For you, I provide links to these programs on the Russian farmers website.
Good luck and welcome)))
edit on 16-1-2019 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimD350
My family originates from Karelia Finland which was overtaken by the Russians in what is known as the 'Winter War'. The Russian's moved in and burnt down all the churches, and to this day churches still 'mysteriously' burn down all by themselves.

Especially for you, my friend, I bring Russian state programs for Finnish compatriots. They are real, they work and cover all federal districts of Russia. Good luck in real life, not in propaganda)))

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
As an American, I'm considering moving to Russia so I can have at least some influence on the outcomes of U.S. elections.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTrollwww.businessinsider.com...

How absolutely Christian of you guys! A 200 megaton nuclear Tsunami weapon. Will you be putting a picture of Christ on the side of it?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

double post

edit on 16-1-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
Russia is now the last stronghold of conservatism and Christian values ​​in the world, the last line of defense of Christ against the Antichrist.

The whole southeastern US would like a word with you.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This is insanely idiotic. It just goes to show the moral ambiguity of the emotionally weak.......to think you would rather skip town when your home country hits a rough spot rather than taking a stand a fighting for change.....its sick...reading through this thread i really hope its a joke.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

How absolutely Christian of you guys! A 200 megaton nuclear Tsunami weapon. Will you be putting a picture of Christ on the side of it?

How do you want, buddy? Christians are ready to turn the other cheek in response to a personal insult. But if our people, the state and the faith threaten the existence of - sorry. We will always reply and protect our values.

The Russians have a holy prince Alexander Nevsky, he defeated an army of Teutonic knights on the ice of Lake Peipsi, carrying democracy as always to Russia. He said:

"Whoever comes to us with a sword, will perish from the sword. On this stood and stands the Russian land!"

Complaints against the Russian aggression are accepted in writing from 9-00 to 18-00 Central European Time at the Moscow Theater of Satire

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 42Degrees
This is insanely idiotic. It just goes to show the moral ambiguity of the emotionally weak.......to think you would rather skip town when your home country hits a rough spot rather than taking a stand a fighting for change.....its sick...reading through this thread i really hope its a joke.

I hope this is, too, because it's pretty damn hilarious.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
US christians dont want to goto commie red christian land though

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

goto commie red christian land now is the USA.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
For the first time, the name of the Sovereign Emperor Nicholas II went around, though not by much, the names of the main gods of the Bolshevik-Stalinist religion. Ten years ago it was hard to imagine such a thing, ...

A side-effect of the increasing popularity of nationalism and patriotism as promoted by team Putin. “One of the reasons why our times are dangerous,” as pointed out by historian Arnold Toynbee, “is that we have all been taught to worship our nation, our flag, our own past history.”

Anyone who does not join in giving expression to such veneration of the nation, regardless of his reason, is viewed with suspicion. Patriots may denounce his conduct as disrespectful, even dangerous to the welfare of the State. Such was the lot of the early Christians. Far from being a menace to the State, they were outstandingly law-abiding. Yet they could not conscientiously participate in the patriotic rites of the Roman Empire. In commenting on the matter, The Book of Culture says: “The Christians, however, strong in their faith, would take no such oath of loyalty. And because they did not swear allegiance to what we would to-day consider as analogous to the Flag, they were considered politically dangerous.”

“Nationalism’s chief symbol of faith and central object of worship is the flag, and curious liturgical forms have been devised for ‘saluting’ the flag, for ‘dipping’ the flag, for ‘lowering’ the flag, and for ‘hoisting’ the flag. Men bare their heads when the flag passes by; and in praise of the flag poets write odes and children sing hymns.”​—What Americans Believe and How They Worship (1952), by J. Paul Williams, pages 359, 360.

Nationalism and religion often go together. Wrote Dr. Robert L. Kahn, a rabbi: “Religion and Nationalism always tend to go hand in hand. In times of war, particularly, . . . ‘For God and Country’ becomes a sort of battle cry. This has always been so. [In World War II] one of the popular songs was the war-whoop of a chaplain, ‘Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition.”’

One dictionary defines nationalism as “a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations.” Ivo Duchacek, a professor of political science, observed in his book Conflict and Cooperation Among Nations: “Nationalism divides humanity into mutually intolerant units.” Regarding nationalism, British historian Arnold Toynbee said: “It is a state of mind in which we give our paramount political loyalty to one fraction of the human race . . . whatever consequences this may entail for the foreign majority of the human race.” Nationalism is well described by the psalmist’s expression, “the pestilence causing adversities.” (Psalm 91:3) Nationalism is antichrist (it stands in opposition to true Christianity). But that won't stop the religions in Christendom (part of "Babylon the Great" mentioned in the book of Revelation) from promoting it and riding along with it.

By the time Nazi Germany invaded Russia in June 1941, the Soviets had practically annihilated the Russian Orthodox Church. But after the Nazi invasion, the Soviets began to change their attitude toward religion. What prompted this?

Richard Overy, professor of modern history at King’s College, London, explained in his book Russia’s War—Blood Upon the Snow: “Metropolitan Sergei [Sergius], head of the Church, appealed to the faithful on the very day of the German invasion to do everything to bring about victory. He published no fewer than twenty-three epistles in the next two years, calling on his flock to fight for the godless state they lived in.” So, as Overy continued, ‘Stalin allowed religion to flourish again.’

In 1943, Stalin finally agreed to recognize the Orthodox Church by appointing Sergius as its new patriarch. “The Church authorities responded by raising money from the faithful to fund a Soviet armored column,” Overy noted. “Priests and bishops exhorted their congregations to observe the faith, God’s and Stalin’s.”

Describing this period of Russian history, the Russian religious scholar Sergei Ivanenko wrote: ‘The official publication of the Russian Orthodox Church, The Journal of the Moscow Patriarchate, praised Stalin as the greatest leader and teacher of all times and nations, sent by God to save the nation from oppression, landowners, and capitalists. It called upon believers to give their last drop of blood in defending the USSR from its enemies and to give their all to build Communism.’

Even after World War II ended in 1945, the Orthodox Church remained useful to the Communists. The Soviet Union: The Fifty Years, edited by Harrison Salisbury, revealed how this was so: “With the war’s end, church leaders fell in with the Cold War demands of Stalin’s foreign policy.”

The recent book The Sword and the Shield describes how church leaders served Soviet interests. It explains that Patriarch Alexis I, who had succeeded Sergius as patriarch in 1945, “joined the World Peace Council, the Soviet front organization founded in 1949.” The book also notes that he and Metropolitan Nikolai “were highly valued by the KGB [the Soviet State Security Committee] as agents of influence.”

Remarkably, in 1955, Patriarch Alexis I declared: “The Russian Orthodox Church supports the totally peaceful foreign policy of our government, not because the Church allegedly lacks freedom, but because Soviet policy is just and corresponds to the Christian ideals which the Church preaches.”

In the January 22, 2000, issue of The Guardian of London, England, dissident Orthodox priest Georgi Edelshtein is quoted as saying: “All the bishops were carefully picked so that they would work with the soviet government. All were KGB agents. It is well known that Patriarch Alexy was recruited by the KGB, under the code-name of Drozdov. Today, they are preserving the same politics that they had 20 or 30 years ago.”

Regarding the relationship between the Orthodox Church and the Soviets, Life magazine of September 14, 1959, observed: “Stalin gave some concessions to religion, and the church treated him like a czar. Orthodoxy’s collaboration is ensured by a special government ministry and the Communists have utilized the church ever since as an arm of the Soviet state.”

Matthew Spinka, an authority on Russian church affairs, confirmed the existence of a close Church-State relationship in his 1956 book, The Church in Soviet Russia. “The present Patriarch Alexei,” he wrote, “has deliberately made his Church a tool of the government.” Indeed, the Orthodox Church, in effect, survived by becoming a handmaiden of the State. ‘But is that so reprehensible?’ you may ask. Well, consider how God and Christ view the matter.

Jesus Christ said of his true disciples: “You are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.” And God’s Word pointedly asks: “Adulteresses, do you not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God?” (John 15:19; James 4:4) Thus, as the Bible presents it, the church made itself a religious harlot with whom “the kings of the earth committed fornication.” It has shown itself to be part of what the Bible calls “Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth.”—Revelation 17:1-6.

The End of False Religion (Babylon the Great) is near!
edit on 19-1-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
In short, conservative patriots (or nationalists) in Russia are about as 'Christian' as any conservative patriot in the US calling him- or herself a Christian, or anywhere else for that matter. I.e., neither are Christians because they do not do what Jesus tells them to do and they do not teach what Jesus teaches. And their religious leaders certainly won't remind the flock that nationalism is well described by the psalmist’s expression, “the pestilence causing adversities.” (Psalm 91:3) And that it is antichrist; it works against (or instead of) Christ. Which reminds me of what Albert Einstein once said: “Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind.” Nearly everybody gets it at one time or another, and it continues to spread. Back in 1946, British historian Arnold Toynbee wrote: “Patriotism . . . has very largely superseded Christianity as the religion of the Western World.” ("instead of Christ"; it replaces it even as patriots claim and think otherwise) Similar to when he said that “we have all been taught to worship our nation, our flag, our own past history.” (including the history of tradition)

“So you have made the word of God invalid because of your tradition. You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said: ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’” (Matthew 15:6-9; Jesus speaking)

Luke 6:46 (Jesus again)

46 “Why, then, do you call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
It's ironic to see Glenn Beck speak out against Russian nationalism (or nationalists) but then praise the self-styled nationalist Donald Trump as "the president that people have been waiting for" as he describes his reaction to Donald Trump's State of The Union Speech as moving him to tears and the best he ever heard with "powerful moment after powerful moment after powerful moment".

So Russian nationalism is not OK (Beck says "this is one of the most dangerous human beings on the planet today"; just before he mentions "to incite Russian nationalism" in the video you used), but US nationalism, or when it's conveniently rephrased to patriotism, as if it's only harmless love of one's country and nothing more sinister or has nothing darker lurking beneath the surface, is fine? No need to warn anyone of any danger in that ideology? I'm talking about the ideology of nationalism that team Trump is promoting while playing on already existing sentiments of patriotism and nationalism as defined in the dictionary I mentioned in my first comment in this thread: “a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations.” Embodied in or demonstrated by the "USA! USA! USA!" chant that often breaks out after something Trump says. Although it's not just the Republicans who do that:

Team Trump has the same types in their team as the one described as "one of the most dangerous human beings on the planet today" by Glenn Beck. So why won't he talk about them? Why won't he share the type of information about nationalism that I shared in my previous commentary and its overlap with religion, including Christendom?

Glenn Beck is just a guy that caters to the market he's targeting. He will not "make you wise for salvation". 2 Timothy 3:13-15:

13 But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled.

14 You, however, continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from whom you learned them 15 and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

I highly recommend that advice over filling your mind with whatever entertainment media and conspiracy entertainment Glenn Beck (a self-professed "Christian", Mormon to be exact) fills or could fill your mind with (see text under my accountname and my signature for more advice related to what one fills their mind with; that's a general "your", as in a recommendation to anyone who reads it).

Who Is the Antichrist? (Bible Questions Answered)

The Bible’s answer

The antichrist is not merely one individual person or entity, for the Bible says that there are “many antichrists.” (1 John 2:​18) Rather, the term “antichrist,” ... comes from a Greek word meaning “against (or instead of) Christ,” ...

How to identify antichrists

- They promote false ideas related to Jesus. (Matthew 24:​9, 11) For example, those who teach the Trinity or that Jesus is Almighty God actually oppose the teachings of Jesus, who said: “The Father is greater than I am.”​—John 14:28.

- Antichrists reject what Jesus said about how God’s Kingdom operates. For instance, some religious leaders say that Christ works through human governments. Yet, this teaching contradicts Jesus, who said: “My Kingdom is no part of this world.”​—John 18:36.

- They say that Jesus is their Lord, but they do not obey his commands, including the one to preach the good news of the Kingdom.​—Matthew 28:19, 20; Luke 6:​46; Acts 10:42.

And even if they do happen to mention it, they completely misinterpret or twist the teachings related to that subject. For example, many Christian denominations teach that the Kingdom of God is within a person, or in someone’s heart. For example, in the United States, the Southern Baptist Convention declared that the Kingdom of God is in part “the reign of God in the heart and life of the individual.” Similarly, in his book Jesus of Nazareth, Pope Benedict XVI stated that “the Kingdom of God comes by way of a listening heart.”

Is the Kingdom of God in Your Heart?

The Bible’s answer

No, God’s Kingdom is not merely a condition in the hearts of Christians. The Bible identifies its true location by calling it “the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 4:​17, King James Version) Consider how the Bible shows it to be a real government that is ruling from heaven.

- God’s Kingdom has rulers, subjects, laws, and a mandate to establish the will of God in heaven and on the earth.​—Matthew 6:​10; Revelation 5:​10.

- God’s government, or Kingdom, will rule over all “the peoples, nations, and language groups” of the earth. (Daniel 7:​13, 14) The authority for its rulership comes, not from its subjects, but directly from God.​—Psalm 2:​4-6; Isaiah 9:7.

The Bible does not teach that the Kingdom of heaven is in your heart in the sense that it rules through a person’s heart. However, it does show that the “word of the Kingdom” or the “good news of the Kingdom” can and should affect our hearts.​—Matthew 13:19; 24:14.

What does “the kingdom of God is within you” mean?

Some people have become confused about the location of the Kingdom by the rendering of Luke 17:21 in some Bible translations. For example, the King James Version says that “the kingdom of God is within you.” To understand this verse correctly, we must consider the context.

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees, a group of religious leaders who opposed him and shared in arranging for his execution. (Matthew 12:14; Luke 17:20) Does it make sense to think that the Kingdom was a condition in their obstinate hearts? Jesus told them: “Inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.”​—Matthew 23:27, 28.

Other translations accurately clarify Jesus’ statement at Luke 17:21: “God’s kingdom is here with you.” (Italics ours; Contemporary English Version) “The Kingdom of God is among you.” (New World Translation, footnote) The Kingdom of heaven was “with” or “among” the Pharisees, in that Jesus, the one designated by God to rule as King, was standing before them.​—Luke 1:​32, 33.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So Russian nationalism is not OK (Beck says "this is one of the most dangerous human beings on the planet today"; just before he mentions "to incite Russian nationalism" in the video you used), but US nationalism, or when it's conveniently rephrased to patriotism, as if it's only harmless love of one's country and nothing more sinister or has nothing darker lurking beneath the surface, is fine?

2 things to keep in mind regarding the above, I was not responding to you but to Glenn Beck's position and views regarding patriotism and his main market of patriots. As is well demonstrated in the short video below (that's the other thing to keep in mind regarding what I said above, he's OK or "fine" with patriotism, even the kind of patriotism that leads to the type of nationalism and nationalistic sentiments as described in the definition for nationalism that I've mentioned twice now; the 2nd time shortly after what I quoted above from myself).

As I said, catering to his market of self-professed "patriots", trying to get some attention in the process to make some money on conspiracy entertainment (or any intriguing story, higher viewer ratings increases profits in the entertainment industry) and in the case above, those who think they need overpriced survival gear (same circles, similar market).

ManBehindTheMask mentioned "knowledge is power" in a context that seemed to imply that he's interested or eager to gain useful knowledge that will benefit him, but perhaps this is a good time to remind him and others here that such type of knowledge will not be gained from watching Glenn Beck videos or his other media productions (including books, websites, articles, writing columns, dvd's, etc.). He will only end up keeping you as distracted from what is truly "beneficial teaching" as he himself is because of his love of money among other reasons. His shows are quite succesful in generating a nice income for him, while his contribution to society is best described at 2 Timothy 4:3,4 (and some other places I can think of but that's my favorite one) and his behaviour is well described by Paul in the bible text I will quote and bold below in the box about "knowledge".

2 Timothy 4:3,4

3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

Having your ears tickled also includes being entertained, intrigued and making one feel smart and knowledgeable, or supposedly being awake to things others aren't, having superior insight or (less so in Glenn Beck's case) superior enlightenment. There's is nothing truly valuable in terms of "beneficial teaching" in Glenn Beck's productions. They're just distracting from it (even when he reports on something that is true).

Knowledge: Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2

In the Christian Greek Scriptures there are two words commonly translated “knowledge,” gnoʹsis and e·piʹgno·sis. Knowledge (gnoʹsis) is put in a very favorable light in the Christian Greek Scriptures. However, not all that men may call “knowledge” is to be sought, because philosophies and views exist that are “falsely called ‘knowledge.’” (1Ti 6:20) The recommended knowledge is about God and his purposes. (2Pe 1:5) This involves more than merely having facts, ...; a personal devotion to God and Christ is implied. (Joh 17:3; 6:68, 69) Whereas having knowledge (information alone) might result in a feeling of superiority, our knowing “the love of the Christ which surpasses knowledge,” that is, knowing this love by experience because we are personally imitating his loving ways, will balance and give wholesome direction to our use of any information we may have gained.​—Eph 3:19.

E·piʹgno·sis, a strengthened form of gnoʹsis (e·piʹ, meaning “additional”), can often be seen from the context to mean “exact, accurate, or full knowledge.” Thus Paul wrote about some who were learning (taking in knowledge) “yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge [“a real knowledge,” TC; “a personal knowledge,” Ro; “clear, full knowledge,” Da ftn] of truth.” (2Ti 3:6, 7)

Like Glenn Beck and many others who are infatuated by the kind of stuff that was shared in the Glenn Beck video that I'm responding to. The kind of stuff that will not "make you wise for salvation" as earlier mentioned (2 Timothy 3:13-15). Nor will it wake you up to any of the more subtle antichrist teachings and ideologies and methods to identify those (as it's done in the video I shared called "Thirty Identifying Marks of False Christian Religions" for example; now that one contains "beneficial teaching", it also covers nationalism).

And if you want to talk about a conspiracy, how about this one:

He is a liar! (part 1 of 2)

Glenn Beck won't wake anyone up to the information or benificial teaching above either. Just like any other similar character won't: Alex Jones, Mark Dice, Donald Trump, Alan Watt, Walter Veith, Dinesh D'Souza, Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro, Rush Limbaugh, etc.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

RussianTroll а ты что молчишь?

I have so many issues with grammar that i don't care anymore, you know what i wanted to say, so be

Why so silent?

edit on 2-2-2019 by BoneSay because: I can't get it right, grammar bad, spelling ugly, bad bad

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join