It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hello ATS.

It's been a while since I posted anything but I have a question to pose to the ATS community:

What if Trump wants the Government shutdown to limit the ability of the FBI to investigate him? The Mueller investigation isn't affected but the FBI investigation into Trump would be. It would make sense; especially, since Trump could end the shutdown by declaring a national emergency and be done with it. Instead, he lets the shutdown drag on. Why? Is he buying time.

The thing for me is that this whole issue makes the country less safe. Trump claims that he's about security for the country but by shutting down the Government he's making us less secure through delineation of funds to the necessary agencies. Agencies such as:

41,000 federal law enforcement and correctional officers from the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Agency, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and thousands of other law enforcement and correctional officers, the vast majority of Department of Homeland Security, 53,000 Transportation Security Administration employees, as well as 42,000 Coast Guard employees. There's also As many as 54,000 employees from Customs and Border Protection.

Department closures

Nine federal departments will be shuttered as the government shuts down this weekend. They are:
Department of the Treasury
Department of Agriculture
Homeland Security Department
Department of the Interior
Department of State
Department of Housing and Urban Development
Department of Transportation
Department of Commerce
Department of Justice

With thousands of their employees furloughed, national parks are likely to be closed.
U.S. housing authorities are also expected to see significant delays in loan processing and approvals.
The Smithsonian museums on the national mall are closed. This will affect tourism for DC and all of the tourism affected businesses: restaurants, taxis, airports, hotels, retail, etc. I also think the FDA will be affected putting stressors on those who are responsible for the safety of our food.

In my opinion, if Trump were really about security he would give up his fight for the wall because the stakes are too high for the overall health of the country. So why is he doing this? What say you, ATS?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

what if Trump wants the shutdown so he can clean out the traitors in the FBI and DOJ (Deep State)?

Seem more plausible to me.

As for your question,

In my opinion, if Trump were really about security he would give up his fight for the wall because the stakes are too high for the overall health of the country. So why is he doing this? What say you, ATS?

Your opinion and assumptions are incorrect.
edit on 13-1-2019 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Pretty astute in your train of thought. S&F

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Only one making out on all this..... Las Vegas bookies.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

trump should be VERY worried. With all of the VERY REAL, news about him and Russia. However, no the manbaby, is just like a kid, saying I am going to hold my breath, till I get my way. Don't forget, he was going to give up on the wall, until Alt Right, talk show hosts, bashed him for it..

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If Trump folds then every issue in the future will go the same way
Trump knows if he wins this fight he sets a precedent for future issues that he wants to win

I think you are just blaming Trump for everything, he was elected on a promise of a. Wall, he is trying to deliver on that promise

You are just trying to blame Trump for the issue that others have caused

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

what if Trump wants the shutdown so he can clean out the traitors in the FBI and DOJ (Deep State)?

Seem more plausible to me.

hard to believe that people even entertain this possibility.

i dont care who it is or what said of the fence theyre on

i dont see any 72 year old billionaire at the end of his run making it his mission to clean out the government before he goes.

i guess it is possible but im not seeing it

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Trump knows if he wins this fight he sets a precedent for future issues that he wants to win

I think you are just blaming Trump for everything, he was elected on a promise of a. Wall, he is trying to deliver on that promise

No, I'm not blaming Trump. I have no problem with him being my President. Anyone can be President, right? I disagree with his approach, how he bullies his way around and manipulates people through lying and coercion. All politicians do it but Trump is Next Level with it, and there are some dangerous implications involved.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I know an FBI agent who is currently furloughed. He's actively participated in stopping several domestic terrorist attacks. He's a really great stand-up guy. He's probably going to lose his house if this keeps up. Irritates me.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I know an FBI agent who is currently furloughed. He's actively participated in stopping several domestic terrorist attacks. He's a really great stand-up guy. He's probably going to lose his house if this keeps up. Irritates me.

hows it go?
oh yeah

he will get paid. no big deal
he should learn how to manage his money
his fault he works for the government

it think those are the usual replies

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

He has missed a grand total of 1 check.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Anything which makes the federal government smaller and have less power is ok with me, even if its only temporary. I hope the shutdown goes on long enough that it becomes the new norm. Most of the federal alphabet agencies presume one's guilt, which is against the constitution, so they don't have a legal right to exist in the 1st place. You forgot to mention the IRS which is also being suspended during the shutdown. Only non-essential federal employees and services are eliminated during a shutdown. Imo, we should not have these employees or services. They're plenty of volunteers who can keep the parks open without federal employees. Imo, if the government is shutdown one is still allowed to visit the parks only they don't have to pay any fees to do so. Trump's supporters love the shutdown, so there's no negative aspect to the shutdown for Trump. If Trump ends the shutdown without a wall, he'll lose many of his supporters. Also, our country is bankrupt & can't afford to pay for these non-essential Federal employees/services.
edit on 13-1-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

cool
a grand total of 1 check is a big deal to some

i know i know

its his fault. you dont need to say it

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

hows it go?
oh yeah

he will get paid. no big deal
he should learn how to manage his money
his fault he works for the government

it think those are the usual replies

Anger building....circuit breaker kicks in, going back to my thread now!

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I know. It's everyday, real people being affected and it's a shame.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
And don't forget Pelosi and schumer who are are also part of the problem .

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

'Louie the Rat' would break both your legs for owing less, for less time.

Most of the world lives paycheck to paycheck, which in the case of government employees is every two weeks.

If the shutdown goes on for months, who pays the mortgages in the interim while they all wait for their back-pay?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Trump had two years with a GOP lead House Senate and Supreme court but waits till the Dems win to fight for his promised wall.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I've known a guy for 20+ years who works for the USDA and inspects our produce. You know, the stuff we actually recall/ban when it literally kills American consumers.

He's working a day or two a week. He knows he will get back pay eventually but he was still recovering financially from last years shutdown and some medical bills related to his type 1 diabetes. Marine Corps vet too. Lots of his coworkers are vets.

new topics

top topics

join