It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsi Gabbard’s Homophobic Remarks Surface After 2020 Presidential Announcement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yes people grow and mature. And yes it will bite her in the ass. But that has already happened by this article in huff by the more radical minded of that community.

She however will overcome it because those critics are few and the left is not comprised by only radicals but more so rational people of sound mind as well, people who know through their own experiences that people do grow and mature and have the ability to know that they can be wrong about some things and grow from the experience.

Another thing about this growing and maturing things. Kevin Hart, years ago made some ill thought out comic quips about that community and when they came to light recently the Oscars decided to cancel his hosting of the Oscars. There was an immediate uproar and Hart was apologetic going on numerous talk shows saying that he had grown since those days.

This was accepted by many in the community even to the degree that Ellen Degeners had him on her program calling for the Oscars to reinstate him.

The Oscars however, rather than reinstate him have decided to not have a host at all but rather just have a star studded cavalcade of presenters. The Oscars have not grown or matured much at all it seems.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I thoroughly enjoy your posts Terry.

Me and you are at different points on the political spectrum, and I love hearing what you have to say.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
“Think how we think or we’ll ostracise you”

The very definition of fascism.

Anyone considering a run for the democrat primaries had better be a fascist as well or they’re never going to make it.

The racist old lying bigot Elizabeth Warren is the BEST they have to offer so far. Ha haaa.

Looks like six more years of the Bad Orange Man is more than guaranteed.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Simple commie tactics inserted into everyday American culture:

Find one flaw in folks and defeat US values.

George Washington= slave master =bad man, tear down his monuments and burn dollars. No discussion necessary about it.

Take over efforts continue, the enemy is on the tv screen & social media, recruiting. Politicans involved, so yea...."almost".

a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Understanding that we are at different points is why I still visit ATS. For me it is that spectrum that we should not forget, or reject. That there is sanity to both sides of this ambiguous divide for me is how we could best focus our attentions. This notion that the other side is mad serves none of us other than those who are little more than malcontents.

The idea of the divide, some nearly invisible cross over between those of moderate liberalness and moderate conservativeness seems to me to be one of the most worthy studies any of us can make. From appreciating your posts as well I see in you one who endeavors to mend it as well Stinker.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Unless the senate "repubs" turn on him and back the impeach i suppose...

pa reply to: Breakthestreak

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The idea of the divide, some nearly invisible cross over between those of moderate liberalness and moderate conservativeness seems to me to be one of the most worthy studies any of us can make. From appreciating your posts as well I see in you one who endeavors to mend it as well Stinker.

It's us vs corporations and our elected employees who serve as prostitutes to sell us out to corporations.

It's not us vs us like people have been conned into participating in.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 13-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 13-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don’t blame her for comments she made in her youth or when you take the timeframe of when the comments were made into account. Too many people don’t factor in the changes in society in different decades or even centuries.

The same morons that come after statues and attack our Founding Fathers for antiquated views will care about this. Any thinking person realizes that people evolve as times change and society changes.

Don’t get me wrong...she would be a gun-grabbing train-wreck of a President, but I don’t hold her views or statements at the time against her. Her current beliefs are damning enough.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

She wont get my vote. As a gay American, I don't care what your views of gay people are, we should have the same rights as everyone else, I have been partnered for 11 years, and we are not, nor do we plan to get married, but we should have the choice. Oh, and If we were, and a Baker did not want to make a cake for our wedding (we would have a union, not a marriage) I would totally respect that. Now, this whole trans thing, is a different subject. I am not going down that path right now.

I am sure there will be plenty of bat# crazy liberal candidates to for for in the primary.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FrostyFlakes
Unless the senate "repubs" turn on him and back the impeach i suppose...

pa reply to: Breakthestreak

Yeah because “I don’t like him” is a reason for impeachment.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

How is that homophobic?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yeah, the left is like a religious cult now.

If you EVER disagreed with how they see the world today then you are a blasphemer and need to be burned.

Then why aren’t obama, Schumer, etc, on the chopping block for saying strong statements on illegal immigration in the past?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

And this is my biggest contention with so many one the right, this constant focus on the machinations of government. It's not that those machinations are not real, they are, but they are at the behest of the corporate world. And this to my understanding is no accident. It IS the Big Lie. Getting folk to focus on government while not understanding that the powers that be are corporatists in general.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

This woman changed her mind.
Isn't that what we want her to do?

Gosh, what a concept. She was 22. Views change as life experiences effect them. This idiocy is really getting old.

But, she has serious enemies in the DNC, such as Howard Dean and others, I'm sure...so it's not all that surprising, is it, that "compromising facts" will surface?

I remember what I was like at 22, even if it was almost 34 years ago... I've changed quite dramatically in some areas of thought.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I remember what I was like at 22, even if it was almost 34 years ago... I've changed quite dramatically in some areas of thought.

It was only seven years ago for me. Night and day.

Since then I've had triumph, failure, happiness, pain, and hard decisions that have gotten me to a level of maturity (I still have a ways to go, as you have personally seen (sorry again lol)).

I think opinions are just as important as tolerance and empathy. Tolerate those who are different, and at least take the time to understand why they are.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

And this is my biggest contention with so many one the right, this constant focus on the machinations of government. It's not that those machinations are not real, they are, but they are at the behest of the corporate world. And this to my understanding is no accident. It IS the Big Lie. Getting folk to focus on government while not understanding that the powers that be are corporatists in general.

At least the right (establishment right) is more honest and flagrant about their motives.

The left acts like they champion against that imbalance of representation while taking donation from the very ones who further it.

This is why it's important we all recognize and call out those involved. I also comprimise on people's platform if at least seem to address priorities that need to be taken care of before the more fickle and minute positions I hold.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Who cares about her personal opinions? As long as she votes they way you want. You expect too much from politicians. I don't usually look into their personal life. The fact most of them are lawyers is enough to make me hate them.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

hmm - an extract from a spheech - delivered live in a state legislature chamber - and " they " have oh so conveniently just " discovered " it .

i know i is a cynial old besturd - but FFS - " someone " has been sitting on that " gem " for years - just waiting for the " right " time to use it

if you think otherwise - PM me - i has a bridge you need to buy

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join