It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsi Gabbard’s Homophobic Remarks Surface After 2020 Presidential Announcement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

im with you

i turn 41 in march

i am not even the same person i was at 20 or even 30

your views on the world change

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I like Tulsi. She has served her country and is willing to fight for what she believes.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I like a lot of what she says, but this is another nail in her chances.

The fringe left doesn't forgive or forget.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

She wont get my vote. As a gay American, I don't care what your views of gay people are, we should have the same rights as everyone else, I have been partnered for 11 years, and we are not, nor do we plan to get married, but we should have the choice.

You both have always had the right to get married just like everyone else.

edit on 13-1-2019 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Her statement is spot on

If the dems would have followed her lead, there would be less division

Marriage, historically, was about family. Not to make abnormal sexual preferences seem normal. Evolution shows you the normal way to couple. Civil unions basically said, you should have the right to pick who gets to visit you in the hospital, who you want to share your money with, who you want to share your life with, society are ok with it, but it’s not the same as marriage

If you don’t believe me, watch the people/media adding a “P” to the LBGTQ name, P for Pedophile. Go back to any same sex marriage debate and replace same sex with, 15 year old. Having the general population start to normalize the abnirnal is the first step for change

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

historically about family. as in keeping it in the family. property.

thats why all the arranged marriages.

should we go back to that?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I could have sworn I remember Hillary saying marriage was a sacred bond between a man and a woman.

Better yet, it was taboo to call her out on it because she had grown and she was "going to break the glass ceiling" for women.

I guess it only matters if you're not in the cool kids club.

Yes, and it doesn't have to do with the principles lately, just whether or not you're an approved candidate.

The left was bashing Bernie for being an old white guy, never mind the fact he was a few rows back from Martin Luther King Jr in the marches. Never mind the fact he got arrested at a sit in.

I didn't like his policy, but he didn't seem like a typical politician flip flopping scum bag. He's not without. Critism, but in this area he practiced what he preached.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I really hate that phobia gets attached to certain terms. I cringe when I see two dudes kissing but it doesn't mean I wanna go beat em up.
Does that make one scared?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I really hate that phobia gets attached to certain terms. I cringe when I see two dudes kissing but it doesn't mean I wanna go beat em up.
Does that make one scared?

No, it makes you tolerant because you tolerate it.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The remarks aren’t even homophobic.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I go back to "offended" people being able to punish others just for thinking differently.

It's censorship of speech, punishment of thought.

Not only do you have to accept a certain way of thinking, you have to support it.

Tulsi? Don't know enough about her policies to whether support her or not.

But I will always defend her right to speak freely and think how ever she wishes.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Tulsi isn't left enough for the Democrat base. Might mean she is moderate enough to be a serious candidate for most of America which means she won't win the primary but actually could win the presidency. Sad reality for Democrats.

Has nothing to do with the Dem base. She resigned from her position as Vice Chair at DNC and publicly criticized the way the party was handing HRC the nomination. She went "off the rez", and the old guard will never let her near the center of power again. Expect more damaging rumour and innuendo as it plays out.

I don't love her politics, but she has a history of trying to work across the aisle and some common sense and integrity. She'd be a very good candidate, but they'll never allow it.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Funny that of all the "Dems" declaring their intentions she is the only one attacked is it not?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
What was homophobic about those remarks?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Maybe the Dems should run her, and stop appealing to the racist, extremist elements of their movement, who consider everything they don't like to be racist, homophobic, sexist, patriarchal etc. etc.

They even demand scientific facts and natural reality should be changed to suit their ideology.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Looks like she'll have to go on SNL to repent (just like The Chosen One did with her "Coulda come around earlier on LGBT issues." bartender skit) if she wants the Dem nomination.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It just dawned on me why we keep getting younger politicians - they are less likely to have made remarks that can come back to bite them in the ass. They're going to lower both the voting age and when you can run for public office that way they can start grooming them for DC when in preschool.

2028 Presidential Candidate platform: I like ice cream and transformers.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

There is a lot of truth in your statement.
Unfortunately the young people have no experience either.
You learn from mistakes.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

3 year olds shouldn’t vote? I mean it isn’t like their parents would threaten to withhold ice cream for voting the wrong way...would they?

“Come on, Billy. You want two scoops just like Trump, don’t you?”

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

edit on 13110000001 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join