It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsi Gabbard’s Homophobic Remarks Surface After 2020 Presidential Announcement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

In one instance in February 2004, Gabbard, at the time a 22-year-old state representative, was testifying against a bill aimed at legalizing same-sex civil unions

“To try to act as if there is a difference between ‘civil unions’ and same-sex marriage is dishonest, cowardly and extremely disrespectful to the people of Hawaii,” she said. “As Democrats, we should be representing the views of the people, not a small number of homosexual extremists.”

Gabbard may back legislation that supports the LGBTQ community, but it’s unclear if her personal views have evolved with her career.

this is not good for her.
she definitely aint hosting the oscars this year

hahahaha

but now she supports the LB whatever?

damn man
politics is such a # show

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Tulsi isn't left enough for the Democrat base. Might mean she is moderate enough to be a serious candidate for most of America which means she won't win the primary but actually could win the presidency. Sad reality for Democrats.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Yeah, the left is like a religious cult now.

If you EVER disagreed with how they see the world today then you are a blasphemer and need to be burned.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I like her which means she has no chance to win the primary.

Only if you support
Gay marriage
no genders
no citizenship
pedophilia
free stuff
all encompassing government
restricted speech
muslims
dictators
no god

ETA anti white racism

Then you have a shot st the Dem nomination

edit on 13-1-2019 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Exactly, in that respect they are actually a bit like ISIS -- they need to burn back into history to erase the past that doesn't agree with their modern mores too. That's why you see them busy erasing any figures from the past who don't agree with their vision of what the world should be and should always have been.

Thou shalt have no god but progressivism ...

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think more than a few people have been better educated over the last 15 or so years about LGB issues, I would think many people have become more accepting and reasonable to that community
So someone has said they changed their minds, isn’t that what we want from politicians, maturity

Mind you the militant LGB community are going the way of feminists at the moment, they will be ostracised as radicals and despised by their own community

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

If you EVER disagreed with how they see the world today then you are a blasphemer and need to be burned.

I wonder if she ever kissed a boy in high school? Or had a beer. that alone should end her political career. Shame, she sounded like she has some sense.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I wonder if she ever kissed a boy in high school? Or had a beer. that alone should end her political career. Shame, she sounded like she has some sense.

Not just kissing a boy in high school. Did she kiss one under circumstances that might have made him feel like he was being taken advantage of. You know ... did they wrestle around, and did he feel like maybe he didn't want that? Were they in a house with other kids, did he have to push her off and run out of the room? Will the others that he says were there not recall anything about that incident, but he will still insist upon it and suddenly the nation will be caught up in the #HeToo movement and all that will matter is his truth and the unheard issue of male abuse?

Oh and were some of those people at the house paid Russian hookers there to make sure that boy became a man instead of stayed gay or something, proving a vast Russian conspiracy of some kind and underlining those anti-gay sentiments?
edit on 13-1-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Well anything done in high school is now fair game. And with some of the stuff people wrote in my yearbook I have blackmail material. New lows have been set when it comes to politics and when you open up that can there's no going back.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I think more than a few people have been better educated over the last 15 or so years about LGB issues, I would think many people have become more accepting and reasonable to that community
So someone has said they changed their minds, isn’t that what we want from politicians, maturity

yes
100% agree with you

people go grow and mature. thoughts on social issues change.

its how it should be

but it is going to bite her in the ass

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Tulsi isn't left enough for the Democrat base. Might mean she is moderate enough to be a serious candidate for most of America which means she won't win the primary but actually could win the presidency. Sad reality for Democrats.

She might have a better chance as a Republican.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I think it's funny as hell that this is the precedent that the authoritarian left has set.

They should just cage match all of them and the one who has never offended anyone should emerge as the winner of the left.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Yes, because too many people in this country are immature jerks who haven't learned that you grow and change as you age. Someday, their own pasts will come back to bite them, but right now, they'd rather live as ideological zealots pointing fingers at everyone else who isn't "pure" enough. In their own way, they're every bit as bad as any religious person ever could be.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, because too many people in this country are immature jerks who haven't learned that you grow and change as you age. Someday, their own pasts will come back to bite them, but right now, they'd rather live as ideological zealots pointing fingers at everyone else who isn't "pure" enough. In their own way, they're every bit as bad as any religious person ever could be.

Nice fundie rant, you are no different than the bad “pure religious” zealots you condemn, you are just an atheist zealot

Strangely just to dull to see your own hypocrisy
I expect you are a atheist faith believer who hates scoence as well

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I could have sworn I remember Hillary saying marriage was a sacred bond between a man and a woman.

I guess it only matters if you're not in the cool kids club.

I don't care who gets married.
If the religious nuts wanted to keep marriage between men and women, they should have kept it a religious thing.
Once it was tied to taxes and legal protections, that ship sailed.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

She wont get my vote. As a gay American, I don't care what your views of gay people are, we should have the same rights as everyone else, I have been partnered for 11 years, and we are not, nor do we plan to get married, but we should have the choice. Oh, and If we were, and a Baker did not want to make a cake for our wedding (we would have a union, not a marriage) I would totally respect that. Now, this whole trans thing, is a different subject. I am not going down that path right now.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

must be coming from the Dem's they are the ones who perpetuate this crap

they are afraid of the progressives

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Why are people on the left not held to the same standards for past and/or private behavior as conservatives are?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I disagree with a ton of what Ketsuko says, but I do not get your post to her, she is religious! and that wasn't anything like a fundie rant.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I "almost" feel sorry for politicians today. Almost.
But seriously, I'm 47 yrs old.
My 30 year high school reunion is this year.
Now looking back to those good old days I can see that I was totally different in my perception of the world.
I laughed at every black and gay joke told to me, well the funny ones anyway.
Does that make me an evil son of a bitch?
Do I have to pretend it didn't happen?
Can a person be allowed to change their perspectives on the world and be forgiven for their past?

Why does anyone bother with debates and discussions trying to sway the minds of the other side if you will not forgive them for disagreeing in the first place?

This woman changed her mind.
Isn't that what we want her to do?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join