It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Secure Fence Act of 2006" / Final Vote Results Congress

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Propagandalf

The Secure Fence Act does not cover, nor have lawmakers ever approved, legislated for or provided funding for a border long wall along the southernn border.

Lawmakers did inlcude over $20 billion, in the 2019 budget, for southern border secutity, and $1.6 billion for Trump's hairbraned wall, but Trump turned it down.

Yeah, only a third of it. What a waste.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
While I understand the need for some kind of wall/barrier, it alone isn't sufficient to reduce the flow of illegals and I think a stronger penalty is needed for those caught crossing illegally - other countries like China, Iran, etc take their border security very seriously and a person might find themselves indefinetly in some remote work camp doing hard manual labor until they can no longer move - I suspect NK might have similar laws. Of course, that isn't a reasonable course of action for the US, but I'm sure something on the more leinent side of a hard labor camp could be arrainged for those caught illegally entering.

On another note, I could see something like this becoming more prevelent if a wall is erected, possibly with a controller shuttling people over in groups (single person at a time, then returning for other person, possibly bringing "US exports" on the return trip for another person.

Of course it would be refined a little more to make it more safe for people, but this is just showing the tech is already available and useable and I doubt something like this would be very expensive to construct.
edit on 1 13 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Fine. Just do it.

<< 1   >>

join