It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GoFundMe To Reimburse Border Wall Campaign Donors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

It is more than a bit odd that this guy thinks he can just privately build a wall across federal and private property which he doesn't own, and that he's getting people tossing money towards such a questionable endeavor.

Was he saying HE was going to build the wall? I thought he said the funds would go toward Trump building the wall... maybe I was wrong. As I said already, I never thought this was worth spending much time following.

I was still wrestling with the simple question: even if the money is raised, can it be donated to a specific as-yet-unauthorized project, or would it have to go to the government in general and Congress not still have to allocate the money to said project? That would put us back to square one.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i dont want the wall at all but if it must be built i would like to see it done via private sector

Why don't you want a wall, or lets call it a high security fence that was approved by all the democrat leadership? Call it what you will why not something to deter a good number of illegals?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

he said his non profit would build it

thats why it changed from we pay for it to we build it

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

i dont think it will work

i think if it gets built it matter how it happened

walls also keep people in

the wall is not the only way

really makes no difference in regards to the OP

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Gofundme = left elite controlled , that's how the pay their shills... this was an demotivation , obfrustication campaign... All internet is bigtech/left/communist controlled.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Was he saying HE was going to build the wall?

That's what this thread is about, and why you now have to opt-in to not receive an automatic refund. He can't legally direct the funds towards the official "Trump wall" like he initially promised, so he's now attempting to build one privately.

You had it right, but now he's changed it and is going to attempt to build a wall privately across federal and private property.
edit on 1/13/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

If You agree to get "Chipped" "They" will double Your contribution.

How many chose to get paid back in BitCoin™?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

i dont think it will work

This is based on your vast experience in this field? I don't think your the type to just run with the typical narrative. Looking at the pictures of the caravan I didn't see too many that could do it...could you, I couldn't.

walls also keep people in

People are trying to escape to Mexico and feel to do that is to walk through a desert, or would ever feel the need to do that? I typically get on a plane to do that, but I get your point and in this case I don't think it fits the situation.

the wall is not the only way

The wall would just be a foundation of a much bigger security system. So no wall, are you going to bury cable for the motion sensors? I think there will be a sale in mexico for barely used sensors, and 100s miles of buried copper wire will bring good money to the Mexicans too...lol

So did the GoFunMe guy lie or was he miss informed, once again the meme of "lie" is used in everything these days.

edit on 13-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: redmage
I was still wrestling with the simple question: even if the money is raised, can it be donated to a specific as-yet-unauthorized project, or would it have to go to the government in general and Congress not still have to allocate the money to said project? That would put us back to square one.

Everything I've seen (including looking at the laws themselves) say it goes to the general fund and Congress has to allocate it.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

well looks like a lot of you might be getting money back.
the gofundme failed. who would have thought?

hahahaahahaha

www.huffingtonpost.com...

GoFundMe may shell out more than $20 million to reimburse donors who contributed to an Iraq War veteran’s fundraiser to build a southern border wall.
That’s because its organizer, Brian Kolfage, has suddenly changed the direction of the money, planning now to send it to his self-created nonprofit rather than the federal government.

Last moneth when his GoFundMe page was started, Kolfage vowed that “100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall.”

a lot of us told you all that was a lie but you couldnt see past it

“The federal government won’t be able to accept our donations anytime soon,” the update read.

this dude sets up a gofund me based on a lie. the gofundme was setup based on trumps lie.

no wonder it failed

As a replacement, the Florida vet has decided to send the donations to “We Build the Wall, Inc.,” the nonprofit he’s formed along with his board of advisers.

“Our highly experienced team is highly confident that we can complete significant segments of the wall in less time, and for far less money, than the federal government, while meeting or exceeding all required regulatory, engineering, and environmental specifications,” Kolfage wrote on his fundraising page

guess he has the best people.
gonna do it so cheap and so fast!!!

so to those that donated.

are you going to get your money back or are you going to allow your money to be sent to this dudes non profit?

remember you have to opt in if you want the money to go to the non profit. if not it comes back to you.

be a patriot. opt in

original thread about the gofundme

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take the money back and use it to help someone who needs help. Letting this guy keep the money will do nothing to help you get your wall.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

That's what this thread is about, and why you now have to opt-in to not receive an automatic refund. He can't legally direct the funds towards the official "Trump wall" like he initially promised, so he's now attempting to build one privately.

You had it right, but now he's changed it and is going to attempt to build a wall privately across federal and private property.

Oh, that's hilarious.

I think he has no idea how expensive it could become with purchasing the easements and getting studies done and so forth.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So did the GoFunMe guy lie or was he miss informed, once again the meme of "lie" is used in everything these days.

It doesn't seem like he initially lied. He simply thought he could bypass Congressional appropriations authority and fund the wall directly. Now that he's learned such action isn't possible he's going to attempt to privately build a wall across federal and private property.

As for today, either he lied to Breitbart for their article, or they misrepresented him and the situation regarding having to now opt-in or receive an automatic refund.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: jacobe001
We should check the guys net worth in a couple years.
He will be a millionaire that stumbled across a brilliant idea that made him rich.

To be honest, more power to him... I hope he gets to keep every cent.

No one ever went broke playing on the ignorance of rwnj's.

no doubt. Say, how much did you donate to the loopy crazy chick who claimed to have been felt up by Kavanaugh? A whole lot of LWDS gave her money, and she kept it.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Oh, that's hilarious.

I think he has no idea how expensive it could become with purchasing the easements and getting studies done and so forth.

yea, he should have gave up and never even tried at all.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

dont know what to tell you

not really interested in debating the merits of a wall

i dont like the idea

thats it

youre not going to tell me anything that is going to change my mind.
save the regurgitation.

this is about all those donations not going directly to the gov for the wall like many of us who did not donate said in the beginning.

even if he does build the wall it is still a fleece IMO

mexico was supposed to pay
theyre not

gov already has our tax dollars.
each side is too busy taking a stand to actually make progreee

not this dude is taking more of your dollars and you are too happy to give it.

seems like a fleece to me

i would think absolute best case for these funds is his non profit might get a small little section built on specific peoples property.
in the long run it is going to be a big fat nothing but i guess not everyone can see it

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I respect anyone who stands for something then backs it with action, regardless of whether I agree with them.

Our veterans keep stepping up to the plate and doing what is needed.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

what if he just used the money to buy easement and then sold it to the Government for a Nancy buck?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

this is about all those donations not going directly to the gov for the wall like many of us who did not donate said in the beginning.

So many ways to skin a cat... so he buys 20 million dollars in easement lands and sells it to the Government for Nancy's one dollar...

So...many...ways...

edit on 13-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

What about all the gaps from good traditional conservatives who want their rights, privately owned property, and scenic view of the Rio Grande respected and unobstructed?

Has the republican party really moved towards favoring an overbearing federal government seizing privately owned property?

If republicans are now ok with seizing private property, then is it ok to take everyone's guns too?

You know if Trump declares a federal emergency to seize private land for a wall, then the next Dem in power has a good chance of following his precedent after the first school shooting on their watch (seizing guns), or maybe declare an emergency for climate change and start seizing fuel-inefficient trucks and SUVs. The list could go on and on.

Trump wants to kick open the door of a pretty drastic rabbit hole to go down, and short-sighted partisan-blinders have a lot of his supporters fighting against their own best interests.

Trump had two years of a Republican controlled monopoly to get his wall funded, but Republicans took no action because Republicans didn't want it. Republican lawmakers knew (and know) that there is no urgent "crisis" at the southern border.
edit on 1/13/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Oh, that's hilarious.

I'll make a guess that he knows a significant amout more than you do about building.

edit on 13/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join