It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GoFundMe To Reimburse Border Wall Campaign Donors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Actually, to be specific, GFM is refunding, not him. He broke their rules by saying that bit about shuffling it over to his charity, thus GFM took control & is refunding to prevent theft.

Not the brightest bulb on the shelf there.
edit on 1/13/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Actually, to be specific, GFM is refunding, not him. He broke their rules by saying that bit about shuffling it over to his charity, thus GFM took control & is refunding to prevent theft.

Not the brightest bulb on the shelf there.

thats great

he did say it was going to go directly to the gov. it cant. its not

he does have a non profit
you can opt in

the gist of my post

maybe GRM is liberal deep state?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I'm glad they got the money back.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

In fact, the spokesperson for the fundraising website said that the donations would be automatically refunded if the campaign doesn’t reach its $1 billion goal, unless donors specifically direct their contribution to the new organization.

www.breitbart.com...

Looks like everyone is opting in, as did I. There's nothing nefarious going on with the campaign. The campaign is still collecting lots of money.

The only thing that I see happening is that Kolfage set too high a monetary goal.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Either Breitbart, or Kolfage is full of poo.

“The money is not being refunded,” Kolfage told Breitbart News Washington Editor Matt Boyle on Breitbart News Saturday. “I made a promise to everybody if we didn’t hit one billion we would refund the money.”

“I’m giving people the chance to opt out of this and get their money back if they don’t want to move forward in building the wall to protect the American people,” Kolfage said, adding that “100 percent” of the money collected on the GoFundMe site or through the non-profit would go for construction of the wall.

He's not, "giving people the chance to opt out of this and get their money back". GFM is giving people the chance to opt in or the money will be refunded.

edit on 1/13/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

In fact, the spokesperson for the fundraising website said that the donations would be automatically refunded if the campaign doesn’t reach its $1 billion goal, unless donors specifically direct their contribution to the new organization.

www.breitbart.com...

Looks like everyone is opting in, as did I. There's nothing nefarious going on with the campaign. The campaign is still collecting lots of money.

The only thing that I see happening is that Kolfage set too high a monetary goal.

Did anybody figure out how he's going to seize all that private property along the border to build on yet? I think he forgot about that.

Bunch of lawyers rubbing their hands together if he tries, though, guaranteed windfall for THEM regardless of which side they represent. Legal issues alone will burn through that 20 mil in short order.
edit on 1/13/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

according to him his crew have talked to many people on the border and they are cool with it being built on their property.

gonna do it mile by mile

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

There is an opt out link on the gofundme page.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

There is an opt out link on the gofundme page.

i didnt see one

everyone gets their money back unless they opt in

i saw an opt in link

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Really? Here's what I see when I visit his GFM page...

✮★★IF YOU WANT TO SUPPORT & BUILD THE BORDER WALL OPT-IN CLICK HERE!!! ★★✮
✮★★IF YOU WANT TO SUPPORT & BUILD THE BORDER WALL OPT-IN CLICK HERE!!! ★★✮

Looks like the link is opt-in, and not opt-out like you claim.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Read the gofundme page! If a person does not opt in the money is returned after the 90 day campaign expires. There is a link if a person wants their refund sooner.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Go a little further down the page.

Here it is

If you want a refund for your donation, no need to do anything. You will receive your refund a few weeks after the 90 days expires and GoFundMe will notify you once your refund has processed. If you would prefer a refund now, you can request that here: https://(link tracking not allowed)/2smynWq

edit on 13-1-2019 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Further down there's simply another "★★IF YOU WANT TO SUPPORT & BUILD THE BORDER WALL OPT-IN CLICK HERE!!! ★★".

In fact, if you hit ctrl + f and search "opt-out" there is no instance of such on the page.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Exactly, "If you want a refund for your donation, no need to do anything."

No need to do anything... like opt-out. You have to opt-in which is exactly what I've been saying, and what you're disputing for some odd reason. Even the portion you quote supports exactly what I said, and refutes your claim.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Try clicking on the refund link on the page.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

It's just the standard GFM refund request form, and there's no need to use it at all since you have to opt-in or you're already going to receive a refund.

You clearly don't understand the difference between opting-out, and opting-in. Again, Either Breitbart, or Kolfage is full of poo.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Try clicking on the refund link on the page.

why are you arguing over something so stupid?

it is very clear
if you do nothing you get your money
if you want it now you have to request it now
if you want it to go to his non profit you have to opt in

why is it so hard for you to understand?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

But... but... but Breitbart said!

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Well, NO. If you want an immediate refund a link was provided. If you don't want an immediate refund, and you don't opt in than your refund will happen after the campaign expires. Check out the continual numbers of donations still happening. Donations and the amounts can be found on the right side of the Gofundme page.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

If you don't want an immediate refund, and you don't opt in than your refund will happen after the campaign expires.

yeah i know

i said it
he said it
all the links said it

you have been arguing the opposite but now you are saying it?

did you fall off a wall and hit your head?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join