It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GoFundMe To Reimburse Border Wall Campaign Donors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
well looks like a lot of you might be getting money back.
the gofundme failed. who would have thought?

hahahaahahaha

www.huffingtonpost.com...

GoFundMe may shell out more than $20 million to reimburse donors who contributed to an Iraq War veteran’s fundraiser to build a southern border wall.
That’s because its organizer, Brian Kolfage, has suddenly changed the direction of the money, planning now to send it to his self-created nonprofit rather than the federal government.

Last moneth when his GoFundMe page was started, Kolfage vowed that “100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall.”

a lot of us told you all that was a lie but you couldnt see past it

“The federal government won’t be able to accept our donations anytime soon,” the update read.

this dude sets up a gofund me based on a lie. the gofundme was setup based on trumps lie.

no wonder it failed

As a replacement, the Florida vet has decided to send the donations to “We Build the Wall, Inc.,” the nonprofit he’s formed along with his board of advisers.

“Our highly experienced team is highly confident that we can complete significant segments of the wall in less time, and for far less money, than the federal government, while meeting or exceeding all required regulatory, engineering, and environmental specifications,” Kolfage wrote on his fundraising page

guess he has the best people.
gonna do it so cheap and so fast!!!

so to those that donated.

are you going to get your money back or are you going to allow your money to be sent to this dudes non profit?

remember you have to opt in if you want the money to go to the non profit. if not it comes back to you.

be a patriot. opt in

original thread about the gofundme

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-1-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Get it back buy another boom stick and some lead pills. Going to be a long hot summer coming up.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

However you feel about the idea of a wall (I do think it would work as it already does where that type of wall is used just ask the Obamas ) but if Trump was smart he'd reopen the government and then for the next election (if he runs although he has already said he would) he could use this as a second promise "It was the democrats who blocked the wall. It was me who promised the wall. Vote me in again and I'll have that wall built" he could use this to get back into power.

Also, does anyone else think Hillary will run again? I hope she does and it ends up being her and Trump in the debates because he was hilarious against her:

"Well it's a good thing we don't have someone with your temperament in charge of our justice system"
"...because you'd be in jail"

Boom. Mic drop.

(Always wanted to use Mic drop lol). Was so funny and yes I know its probably not exactly what she said.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Get it back buy another boom stick and some lead pills. Going to be a long hot summer coming up.

hell yeah

shake and bake

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I know right? what a stupid paraplegic looser. This guy has don't noting for his country, and now he fails at this stupid attempt to make Trump look good. what a dork. He would have done so much better had he just made a thread on ATS, acting like he was somehow morally superior to idiots like him.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I know right? what a stupid paraplegic looser. This guy has don't noting for his country, and now he fails at this stupid attempt to make Trump look good. what a dork. He would have done so much better had he just made a thread on ATS, acting like he was somehow morally superior to idiots like him.

i didnt say any of that
he did start a gofundme based on a lie

the money could never go 100% to the gov for the wall like he said

20 million later he realizes that?

dont forget to opt in

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

unless I really don't understand your story, all the money is being refunded to the people who offered it, so in the end, there ins't a crime here. The dude did something he believed in, and it didn't work. But rather than just talk # about the problem, he stepped up and did something. It's a shame people like him are so rare.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The real question is...

How many pesos did he get from Mexico so that Trump could fulfill his promise?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

unless I really don't understand your story, all the money is being refunded to the people who offered it, so in the end, there ins't a crime here. The dude did something he believed in, and it didn't work. But rather than just talk # about the problem, he stepped up and did something. It's a shame people like him are so rare.

i dont know what you dont understand.

i also never said he committed a crime

what i said was he started a gofundme based on a lie

the money is not going where he claimed it would

just current events man

part of the story is he feels like his crew can get the wall built cheaper and faster than the gov

so dont forget to opt in

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i dont know what you dont understand.

i also never said he committed a crime

what i said was he started a gofundme based on a lie

the money is not going where he claimed it would

just current events man

part of the story is he feels like his crew can get the wall built cheaper and faster than the gov

so dont forget to opt in

And????

To be fair it's historical fact that the private sector gets things done far cheaper than the gov does in almost all instances......

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
We should check the guys net worth in a couple years.
He will be a millionaire that stumbled across a brilliant idea that made him rich.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

And????

To be fair it's historical fact that the private sector gets things done far cheaper than the gov does in almost all instances......

and nothing

he claims he can do it faster and cheaper

so all the people that donated should opt in.
get er done

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001
We should check the guys net worth in a couple years.
He will be a millionaire that stumbled across a brilliant idea that made him rich.

To be honest, more power to him... I hope he gets to keep every cent.

No one ever went broke playing on the ignorance of rwnj's.

edit on 13-1-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

And????

and nothing

he claims he can do it faster and cheaper

so all the people that donated should opt in.
get er done

Well honestly I don't think it's a bad idea...... I would prefer to see it done by the private sector if it's going to get done at all......

The gov has already proven it won't do it, even when it's voted and funded, prrof of which we saw in 2006

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

i can agree with that

i dont want the wall at all but if it must be built i would like to see it done via private sector

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

I live in LA, why don't you ask some of the Hollywood stars who have been broken into, how well walls work. Newsflash, they don't.

Home invasion burglaries can occur anytime. Anyone can be a victim, from common citizens to famous celebrities. A huge number of Hollywood superstars have had their homes broken into. Lindsay Lohan, Kanye West, Rihanna, Kim Kadershan, Kate Moss, Tyler Perry and Sandra Bullock have been on the news. In every case, intruders took advantage of their absence and broke in. And in some cases the invaders were the obsessed fans.

perfecthomedefense.com...

Now, just so you know, I was simply using this as an example of it happening to homes right here in LA. If there is a wall people will climb, dig, and use drones.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

It might not have come across well but I was being sarcastic about the Obamas and their wall. But walls do work, ask the Vatican, ask China, do I need to continue? Hell ask Jim Acosta who ridiculously and hilariously proved they do in his report.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Looks to be more fake news. It's so easy to fact check.

WE ARE BUILDING THE WALL! You can still donate right now on this Gofundme!! The media is falsely reporting all money is being refunded and it’s over. They are WRONG. WE ARE BUILDING THE WALL and you can STILL donate or opt in if you donated before January 11th TO SUPPORT the plan.

www.gofundme.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

Looks to be more fake news. It's so easy to fact check.

WE ARE BUILDING THE WALL! You can still donate right now on this Gofundme!! The media is falsely reporting all money is being refunded and it’s over. They are WRONG. WE ARE BUILDING THE WALL and you can STILL donate or opt in if you donated before January 11th TO SUPPORT the plan.

www.gofundme.com...

The media is falsely reporting all money is being refunded and it’s over. They are WRONG. WE ARE BUILDING THE WALL and you can STILL donate or opt in if you donated before January 11th TO SUPPORT the plan.

not fake news
it is just as i presented it in the OP

the link i posted did not say it is over and all money is being refunded.
it said it is refunding money unless you opt in to have it sent to his non profit
he said he non profit is going to build the wall

exactly what i said

To show the government how “We the People” can get this done, we have formed a Section 501(c)(4) non-profit Florida Corporation named “We Build the Wall, Inc.” to receive the GoFundMe contributions. Our website can be found at www.webuildthewall.us

also exactly how i presented it

he probably should have done all that legal consulting about the money going directly to the gov before soliciting people based on that.

so no not fake news

says the same thing i said

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: iplay1up2
Hell ask Jim Acosta who ridiculously and hilariously proved they do in his report.

Yeah, you could clearly see the massive horde being effectively held back on the other side of those slats Acosta was reporting next to. Good thing those slats were there to protect him while being mere inches from such an unruly invasion force!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join