It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of Working To End Our Govt Shutdown - Thirty Democrats Fly to Puerto Rico to Relax.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
A Trump supporter thread started in the mud pit, another day. What a stunner.

It's funny how it's a nothing-burger when Trump had spent 53 days of vacation (most of them golfing at his own resorts), at the same point that Obama had spent 15 days off. Trump's ridiculous leisure time schedule apparently is nothing to see - big deal. If a Dem takes a vacation, omg!!

Regardless, Trump has no desire to negotiate, as he claims. NONE. He has only one offer on the table, accept it or else not playing ball. That is not negotiating. That is trying to bully people into getting your way, at the expense of Federal workers. You think he cares about them? What a joke. He couldn't care less about those peons. They are one thing only to him - ammo to try and force a bill that gets him exactly what he wants.

Yada yada yada.

Compare their vacation times with how much they accomplished.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why wouldn't they? One can read Twitter™ in the PR...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Last February there were 54 Republican votes without support from the White House and there were 45 Democrats who agreed to spend $25 billion, not only authorized but appropriated, over a 10 year period of time, to fund the wall. The bill was to include a path to citizenship for those who were brought to the US as children and raised here. Trump torched the bill.

In March Congressional Democratic leaders offered the president $25 billion to build the wall in exchange for a path to citizenship for undocumented youth eligible for DACA. GOP and Trump opposed it.

The great negotiator failed to negotiate and he still fails to negotiate. Maybe he bought his own Bull# thinking they wouldn't lose the house I think he missed the opportunity to fund the wall.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
January 13, 2019

Considering that Democrats place more value on the well-being of citizens in other countries, than they do U.S.

I am still trying to get past the fact you were unaware that Puerto Rico is part of the United States.

To be specific, they are a region of the United States that was recently decimated by a hurricane (real national emergency).

Any declaration of a "national emergency" in order to pay for President Trump re-election campaign (Build that Wall! - Who is going to pay for it? YOU are!!) would siphon money from recovery efforts in Puerto Rico and Texas.

I am glad that congress people are giving their attention to part of the United States that is apparently so neglected that the Right Wing seems unaware that it is even part of the United States.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris
Any declaration of a "national emergency" in order to pay for President Trump re-election campaign

that is just total nonsense.

Trump contributed another $10 million to his presidential campaign in the closing days of the election, bringing his total investment in the race to $66.1 million

Show me any democrat who's put their money where the mouth is, who hasn't taken a pay cheque, who hasn't taken money from lobbyists?

I agree with others, if Trump and Co were sitting in Hawaii during this shutdown the media and anti-trump types on this board would be going bonkers, but because its the Democrats its all OK

Trump has given the Democrats multiple opportunities to name their price
The people want a wall
$billion is a drop in the bucket compared to other spending

Lets boil this down to the real meaning behind the shutdown

Trump has asked for $5billion for a border wall, the democrats oppose everything Trump does so he has limit success. Democrats oppose the $5 billion because if Trump gets it, its another victory in his hat. 2020 is coming up quick and the more victories Trump has, the more chance he'll take back the House, Win the Senate and the Presidency.

The Border Wall is all about winning 2020.. Trump could be asking for $50.. the Democrats would still oppose.

its that simple!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

I am still trying to get past the fact you were unaware that Puerto Rico is part of the United States.

Don't be so ignorant. I believe carewemust was referring to dems protecting/reinforcing avenues of illegal immigration by opposing stronger/ sufficient border security, and not removing incentives for coming here illegally. And of course this is probably due to the fact that they place opposing President Trump, over the well being and security of U.S. citizens. Because the truth is out there that most of these dems have supported these same, if not stronger, plans as our president is trying to implement, now that Trump endorses it, dems oppose. Sick.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Why doesn't Puerto Rico have a star on our great American Flag?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

"Both sides are holding the country ransom. To pretend otherwise is pure ignorance and partisanship. "

exactly this!!
edit on 14-1-2019 by subfab because: forgot a quote mark

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Has any of you at any point thought that maybe there is nothing they can do right now so they decided to go on vacation? Why is there always a negative connotation with EVERYTHING everyone does?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why doesn't Puerto Rico have a star on our great American Flag?

uhhhhhhhhh because it's not a US state, it's a US territory. I guess you don't know the difference.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Aaaah the daily cognitive dissonance thread.

Trump fails at negotiation, and you all blame everyone else.

Let's be clear: trump has failed at the negotiation. Failed. Saying "it's my way or nothing" is not a negotiation. At all.

Weak president happily watching his people suffer, again. Disgraceful.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Both sides are saying "It's my way or nothing." The only cognitive dissonance is the giant heap of partisanship on both sides that somehow manage to contort and skew things in their mind to make their side innocent and blameless.
edit on 1/15/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 40CalTone
a reply to: Blarneystoner

If you're only looking for expert opinions to tell you why it's needed

Experts like individuals that spend their day and careers protecting our border, and reporting on facts and statistics on everything related.
You do understand that listening to experts on subjects is the right way to gather information? I mean what do you expect every voting American to spend time on the border to analyze and track.
Lol Noone here is listening to experts on "convincing me why the border is needed or not". Keep trying.

I am no expert on the border or the security issue there. I see and read about the statistics that come from organizations that have a direct part in this.

You calling me stupid means nothing. Because you don't know me and know nothing about me. It only reflects on how easy you are to judge and jump to conclusions, it reflects nothing about my intelligence.

I question your intelligence because you admit to your own confirmation bias and clearly have no understanding why it's important in this conversation. Again, if you are only looking for "expert" opinions that confirm what you already believe, that's called confirmation bias. The reason I called you stupid is due to the fact that you don't understand the irony of calling me deaf/blind while at the same time admitting your own confirmation bias.

This is the trouble dealing with people who have almost no critical thinking ability.

I'm certain you haven't even begun to scratch the surface in researching the issue from all angles.

How many articles and opinion pieces written by engineers have you read?

Are you aware that private land will have to be seized to build the wall? Did you know that some of the eminent domain court cases from the Bush era are still in the courts?

Do you understand the environmental impacts?

Do you understand that the cost estimate of 5.7 billion is about almost ten times less than estimates done by engineering firms? Some estimates top out at around $40 billion. A study published in the MIT Technology Review said a 1,000-mile wall would cost from $27 billion to $40 billion.... MIT... experts.

I could go on and on.....

Before you go calling someone deaf and blind you better make sure you aren't looking like a damn fool yourself... you don't even know what you don't know.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
Aaaah the daily cognitive dissonance thread.

Trump fails at negotiation, and you all blame everyone else.

Let's be clear: trump has failed at the negotiation. Failed. Saying "it's my way or nothing" is not a negotiation. At all.

Weak president happily watching his people suffer, again. Disgraceful.

Exactly....

wish I could give this more stars

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Meanwhile... Trump rejects a short term fix to the govt. shutdown so that federal workers can get paid.

"I did reject it, yes," Trump said. "I'm not interested. I want to get it solved. I don't want to just delay it."

Honestly... how can anyone still say that he has the people's best interests at heart when he blatantly refuses to ease the burdens he created.

The man has no idea what it's like in the real world.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The shutdown doesn't affect them, just like their communist policies wouldn't affect them. I wonder what Bob's wife thinks of that pink bikini..

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You shameless, disgusting, disingenuous clown. The fact that you are actually trying to somehow blame this on the Democrats is f'ing disgusting and laughable. They have nothing whatsoever to do with this. Trump and Trump alone caused the shutdown, and Trump alone is responsible for it continuing. This is inarguable, and claiming otherwise is absurd and disgusting. Good grief, Trump said on national freaking TV that he alone was responsible. Theyre not going to give in on the wall, because the wall is a grotesquely idiotic idea that is doomed to utter failure, to say nothing of the massive waste of money and manpower. So what would you like the Dems to do? What control do they have over this?

Also, i see you somehow neglected to mention the fact that Mitch McConnell, who actually DOES have the power to stop the shutdown, has made no effort to do so and has been AWOL.
Unreal. What a shameless clown you are. I am legitimately disgusted by you. You are an awful, disingenuous person. Genuinely awful ahd genuinely disgusting.
edit on 15-1-2019 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 40CalTone

Don't be so ignorant. I believe carewemust was referring to dems protecting/reinforcing avenues of illegal immigration by opposing stronger/ sufficient border security, and not removing incentives for coming here illegally. And of course this is probably due to the fact that they place opposing President Trump, over the well being and security of U.S. citizens. Because the truth is out there that most of these dems have supported these same, if not stronger, plans as our president is trying to implement, now that Trump endorses it, dems oppose. Sick.

You are embarrassingly ignorant and uninformed. You clearly have no idea what youre talking about, so maybe just sit this one out, slugger.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

All of the complete and utter morons who say "they should just come here legally," please do me a huge favor: for once in your pathetic lives, actually do some research. Research just how absurdly difficult and convoluted it is for an immigrant to become a legal citizen these days. Research how many years people have to wait on waiting lists before they even get so much as a chance to begin the freaking process of becoming a legal citizen. Read about the people who have spent over a decade waiting for their green cards. Read about the ridiculous, and ridiculous amount of, hoops that they have to jump through. Read about the ridiculous requirements just to so much as get your foot in the door and begin the process. If you have a family to support and mouths to feed, you cannot afford to wait years upon years for the intentionally convoluted process to play out. Any one of you who cares about your family would do the same in their shoes when faced with a multi-year-long wait.

I know it sounds hard actually doing research and educating yourselves. I know you're used to just reading idiotic memes or Fox News rants and blindly accepting them as fact without any critical thinking whatsoever. But i promise, it really isnt that hard. You can do it. Believe in yourself. Read. Seek out information. Educate yourself. Stop thoughtlessly regurgitating inaccurate nonsense. Youre actively making the country worse, and much dumber, by doing so.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

Fully aware of how annoying it is. Is the only reason I'm not a Canadian citizen.

This is a good thing though. Without borders we all become third world #hole countries just like the ones these people are running from.

The issue with open borders is it removes any incentive for a people to try and fight to fix their own nation and instead suck off the tit of another til it can no longer support them and is suffering all the same problems they ran from as a result.

It's supposed to be hard to become a citizen of another country as that's the entire #ing point. How else is a country supposed to vet and separate people who really love and want to be a part of the country from those who simply want to use and abuse the country for their own benefit?

Screw making other countries better by incentivising the population to fight for it let's just toss the doors open and likewise become a cesspool so they stop coming here because there's no point as all countries become equally mediocre.

Let everyone in, # the consequences.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join