It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of Working To End Our Govt Shutdown - Thirty Democrats Fly to Puerto Rico to Relax.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

domestic terrorist problem

health care/insurance.

election security improvements.

refused to sign the spending bill approved by Republican majority House and Senates...

Wow, what a whole bunch of but what about this....

On topic, people are going to die from drugs coming across the border, people are going to continue to die and be terrorized by gangs being reinforced and supported. And so many more will suffer, more than we even know due to insufficient border security.

No...that's not my opinion... Trump owns it... he said so himself.... for once he was telling the truth.

Yeah I heard what he said too, that is obviously not your opinion I was referring to. Your opinion is that it is what losing looks like. Since he said that, it seems like what he was willing to go through to get what the American people want, sounds a little more learning toward winning to me.
Like I said, we will see in time what outcome we get.

Do you really believe that there is not an issue at the border? That people's (American citizen's) lives can be saved from a more secured border?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 40CalTone

domestic terrorist problem

health care/insurance.

election security improvements.

refused to sign the spending bill approved by Republican majority House and Senates...

Wow, what a whole bunch of but what about this....

On topic, people are going to die from drugs coming across the border, people are going to continue to die and be terrorized by gangs being reinforced and supported. And so many more will suffer, more than we even know due to insufficient border security.

No...that's not my opinion... Trump owns it... he said so himself.... for once he was telling the truth.

Yeah I heard what he said too, that is obviously not your opinion I was referring to. Your opinion is that it is what losing looks like. Since he said that, it seems like what he was willing to go through to get what the American people want, sounds a little more learning toward winning to me.
Like I said, we will see in time what outcome we get.

Do you really believe that there is not an issue at the border? That people's (American citizen's) lives can be saved from a more secured border?

Strawman much? Please show me where I said that border security is not important... I'll wait........

can't find it? Because I never said it.

That's something Republicans love to say as well... "if you're against the wall you must not want border security."

Also, you might not be aware that the vast majority of drugs smuggled into the country come across at official checkpoints.... official border crossings... screened and allowed through.

The "what abouts" were mentioned as a counterpoint to your claim that Republicans care... I called BS and gave you some examples.
edit on 14-1-2019 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I challenge you to provide one... one... example of Trump saying Mexico would write a check to us.

Well, I don't know about a check. Will a "one time payment" be acceptable?

"It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5 (billion)-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year," Trump said on his campaign website.
www.ibtimes.com...

Donald Trump finally outlined a plan for funding his oft-discussed behemoth wall across the Mexican border on Tuesday, and it's about as wild as you'd expect.
snip
On day one, Trump will lean on provisions of the Patriot Act to block some wire transfers from the US to Mexico, preventing immigrants from sending cash home without proof that they are legal. (Some experts the Post talked to are skeptical he can even make this happen under current law, but whatever.)

On day two, according to Trump, Mexico will erupt in protests, since immigrants in the US are—according to him—responsible for about $24 billion flowing into Mexico each year. (Trump's a little confused, since that number actually refers to the amount of money sent into Mexico from the rest of the world, not just the US.) When that alleged flow of money stops, Trump basically suspects riots won't be far behind.

The Mexican government, faced with a country of enraged citizens, will then be given the chance to kick President Trump a "one-time payment of $5–10 billion" to keep the wire transfers flowing from the US to Mexico. (That's day three.)
www.vice.com...

You know, I've been thinking about this wall and its placement. Much of the wall/fence that already exists, exists well within the USA, several miles inside of the US/Mexico border line. That means that people that gather at the wall are on US soil. They'd probably be watched, but mostly ignored by Border Control. But, if they do something to call attention to themselves, like trying to dig a tunnel, scale the wall, blow it up, or start a fire, the USA can fire on them, tear gas them, arrest them, BUT, because they are within the boundaries of the USA, they can claim asylum!

edit on 14-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

majority of drugs smuggled into the country come across at official checkpoints.... official border crossings... screened and allowed through.

Oh right I forgot to explain how my support for strong border security ends at the beginning of your claim about border checkpoints. Keep trying.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

majority of drugs smuggled into the country come across at official checkpoints.... official border crossings... screened and allowed through.

Oh right I forgot to explain how my support for strong border security ends at the beginning of your claim about border checkpoints. Keep trying.

lol... but you failed to say how a border wall would prevent all those illegal drugs entering the country... didn't ya.

I support strong border security as well... BTW...

I just happen to think a wall is not the best way to address it (border security)... and supporters have failed to provide any evidence that a wall's benefits would outweigh the detriments.

As long as wall supporters keep acting like whiny little piss ants... there won't be any compromise. Bank on it...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

but you failed to say how a border wall would prevent all those illegal drugs entering the country... didn't ya.

Oh did I say "border wall", please show me where I said strictly "border wall".

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

but you failed to say how a border wall would prevent all those illegal drugs entering the country... didn't ya.

Oh did I say "border wall", please show me where I said strictly "border wall".

So you're not in favor of a border wall? Good to know... have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Do tell what is the best way to support it? Drones, video surveillance, etc? Oh you mean take videos and pictures? How is that gonna stop someone from crossing over?

Its not. A wall would slow them down enough to get a border patrol agents out there to deal with it. If they can just walk across they will be gone by the time anyone gets there to deal with it.

PS the border wall or fence proposed I would love to dump you and a few of your liberal buddy's in front of it with the clothing on your back, if you can get over it Ill agree with you.

Put up or shut up I say prove how worthless the wall is buddy.
edit on 14-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

Do tell what is the best way to support it? Drones, video surveillance, etc? Oh you mean take videos and pictures? How is that gonna stop someone from crossing over?

Its not. A wall would slow them down enough to get a border patrol agents out there to deal with it. If they can just walk across they will be gone by the time anyone gets there to deal with it.

Yeah sure... let me Google that for you... ffs...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You are a fool for acting like a kindergartner. I understand Trump is doing that to people. One more "thing" you can blame on him.
A significant border "wall" is a part of border security. Border security does not solely consist of a wall. Do i need to explain the difference to you. Well I guess you answered that question.
I'll rely on the experts to answer why it is needed, if you listen you will hear them. But you are selectively deaf/ blind.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

A wall would slow them down enough to get a border patrol agents out there to deal with it.

To deal with what? Do you think the cartel builds tunnels in plain sight?

How would a wall slow down a drone, disguised as a hawk, for example, stop drug drops? If Border Control could detect a disguised drone, they could detect it regardless of the presence of a wall, which won't stop drones, as Trump said, "...drugs being thrown/catapulted over a wall."

edit on 14-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: gortex

Both sides are holding the country ransom. To pretend otherwise is pure ignorance and partisanship.

At least the Right isn't out of the country partying while the government is idled!

Py

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You are a fool for acting like a kindergartner. I understand Trump is doing that to people. One more "thing" you can blame on him.
A significant border "wall" is a part of border security. Border security does not solely consist of a wall. Do i need to explain the difference to you. Well I guess you answered that question.
I'll rely on the experts to answer why it is needed, if you listen you will hear them. But you are selectively deaf/ blind.

Oh boy... now you're mad and resorting to name calling. Forgive me if I'm confused about your stance on the wall. You haven't really made it clear.

Tell you what.... you should focus on insulting me instead of the issue being discussed.... that will shore up your position nicely and all the ATS GOP fan-bois will give you stars and flags...

lol... too funny...

(post by Blarneystoner removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Around 109 lobbyists and corporate executives are named in a memo welcoming the guests, which include some from prominent Washington firms, R.J. Reynolds, Facebook, Comcast, Amazon, PhRMA, Microsoft, Intel, Verizon, and unions like the National Education Association.

The wall debate actually has nothing to do with this trip of theirs. They are there for the money. It's nothing but a political fundraising event and those corporations are who they are hitting up for donations. Some private time away from the camera's to make backroom deals in the sun on the beach with people they would not want to be seen with normally.

Where else can they rub shoulders with big tobacco or big pharma to solicit money? They can't do it openly so this is great cover for them. Where else can they collude with Facebook to have private talks about how best to influence elections using Facebook. Amazon is under heat for having what amounts to a monopoly and they can't really be seen on camera colluding with them. They can't be seen pandering for money from those they claim to loath, but depend on.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Democrats are not interested in coming to any kind of common ground. They are interested in increasing their voter rolls and the welfare state, as well as the Open Borders policy of George Soros.
edit on 14-1-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

If you're only looking for expert opinions to tell you why it's needed

Experts like individuals that spend their day and careers protecting our border, and reporting on facts and statistics on everything related.
You do understand that listening to experts on subjects is the right way to gather information? I mean what do you expect every voting American to spend time on the border to analyze and track.
Lol Noone here is listening to experts on "convincing me why the border is needed or not". Keep trying.

I am no expert on the border or the security issue there. I see and read about the statistics that come from organizations that have a direct part in this.

You calling me stupid means nothing. Because you don't know me and know nothing about me. It only reflects on how easy you are to judge and jump to conclusions, it reflects nothing about my intelligence.
edit on 14-1-2019 by 40CalTone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Not much they can do in Washington right because McConnell is not holding votes on Democrates house bills nor GOP senate bills.

McConnell is the one you should be angry at he is blocking ALL shutdown ending bills.

Democrats are to negotiate with Trump, not McConnell, since he will be the one signing it at the end. When that happens, McConnell will be there to hold votes.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Democrats are not interested in coming to any kind of common ground. They are interested in increasing their voter rolls and the welfare state, as well as the Open Borders policy of George Soros.

No border security and and no voter ID.

How can anyone deny they want certain votes.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
A Trump supporter thread started in the mud pit, another day. What a stunner.

It's funny how it's a nothing-burger when Trump had spent 53 days of vacation (most of them golfing at his own resorts), at the same point that Obama had spent 15 days off. Trump's ridiculous leisure time schedule apparently is nothing to see - big deal. If a Dem takes a vacation, omg!!

Regardless, Trump has no desire to negotiate, as he claims. NONE. He has only one offer on the table, accept it or else not playing ball. That is not negotiating. That is trying to bully people into getting your way, at the expense of Federal workers. You think he cares about them? What a joke. He couldn't care less about those peons. They are one thing only to him - ammo to try and force a bill that gets him exactly what he wants.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join