It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of Working To End Our Govt Shutdown - Thirty Democrats Fly to Puerto Rico to Relax.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Congress approves the funds, not the use of Eminent Domain. You really should at least try to do some research on a subject before offering details. TheRedneck

Yeah im with you.....I keep hearing this stupid excuse from the left too...."They are going to grab land from owners on the border"

More parroting what they hear on the net, or social media.......

Any body with any sense and experience knows it will work just like any other Utilitiy, be it Power lines, Transmission lines, or anything else......its not a land grab theyll just run a right of way thoroughfare and call it good......

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Whataboutism ....

What the frack is #45 doing? Acting like a child and throwing tantrums.

What about the outrage, when Republicans, stonewalled on Merit Garland?

FHs

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: carewemust

Whataboutism ....

What the frack is #45 doing? Acting like a child and throwing tantrums.

What about the outrage, when Republicans, stonewalled on Merit Garland?

FHs

..........this is whataboutism too.........

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Trump ran on the premise that Mexico would pay for the wall, not tax payers, and certainly not disaster victims!

Please, can you give that a rest? All you're doing is making yourself look foolish. Mexico will pay for the wall, but not by writing a check. Only an absolute idiot would think that was what was meant, and Trump has clarified his intent numerous times.

Repeal and replace the ACA was also a huge issue that Trump ran on, yet we don't see Trump declaring a national emergency to assure American's receive affordable health care.

And that was indeed a partial failure. He did manage to remove the worst of Obamacare, but we still need a replacement. If this situation is any indicator, though, it will not happen until after 2020.

Putin hated Reagan more than he hated Obama and the Clintons. Trump's wall is Putin's revenge on Reagan's American.

Here we go with "look how foolish I am!" again... why don't you just get a flashing neon sign?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The senate did get something done...
they passed a bill that would attempt to protect state and local gov't's power to punish businesses (and individual contractors) for boycotting Isreal..

yep, gov't is shutdown, the planes are flying but they're not being inspected, food isn't being inspected,
but... ya... got to protect isreal from US citizens boycotting them!!!
what's next?? a law from the dems giving states and local gov'ts the power to punish people for boycotting the NFL??

theintercept.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

am i reading some of these posts wrong i thought clinton obama shumer all wanted a wall

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold
a reply to: strongfp
am i reading some of these posts wrong i thought clinton obama shumer all wanted a wall

They were for physical barriers before Trump changed their fragile minds.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

We have photos of heartless Democrats laying on warm Mediterranean and Hawaiian beaches, while our government is shut down and 700,000 Democrat government workers are not being paid.

What is your proof that President Trump is running around throwing temper tantrums during the government shut down?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: gortex

How is setting on a beach and meeting corporate lobbyists useful?

It's Primal instincts emerging at several levels 😎

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
There are 3.5 lobbyists for each Democrat at the Puerto Rico retreat. Ooo-la-la.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
There are 3.5 lobbyists for each Democrat at the Puerto Rico retreat. Ooo-la-la.

Democrats are also there negotiating kick-backs from the $17 Billion U.S. taxpayers forked over to Puerto Rico after hurricane Maria.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Please, can you give that a rest?

LOL...

Ya know wat? Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall, according to Chris Wallace at FOX News, something like 224 times during his campaign. Jeeeze! I haven't brought it more than 20 times! Relax!

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
When the criminals, that is to say actual criminals like rapists, thieves, etc. can’t get out of Mexico, who is going to take the brunt of their criminal marauding? That is to say, who is going to pay for the wall being there? Mexico.

Mexico will either tighten up their law enforcement or the people will tighten up their leaders.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Trump made a statement; you are either purposely or ignorantly mis-interpreting it. I challenge you to provide one... one... example of Trump saying Mexico would write a check to us. You can't. But fine, whatever you want. I still think a flashing neon sign would be a far easier way of exhibiting ignorance, but knock yourself out with whatever advertising method you choose.

Understand, I do not wish to participate in you making yourself look foolish. Far be it from me, however, to interfere with your right to do so.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

We have photos of heartless Democrats laying on warm Mediterranean and Hawaiian beaches, while our government is shut down and 700,000 Democrat government workers are not being paid.

What is your proof that President Trump is running around throwing temper tantrums during the government shut down?

Congratulations, you win a prize for the most nonsensical post of the day. If you think that 7 in 8 of the government employees are Democrats then you have indeed drunk the Trump coolaid.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
"Considering that Democrats place more value on the well-being of citizens in other countries, than they do U.S. citizens"

>citizens in other countries, then they do U.S. citizens

Ummm... who wants to let them in on the secret

LOL
you do it.
Wait until they toss out the paper towels like concert T-Shirts.
They're still wiping up the mess.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: carewemust

Congratulations, you win a prize for the most nonsensical post of the day. If you think that 7 in 8 of the government employees are Democrats then you have indeed drunk the Trump coolaid.

Actually, my estimate of 700,000 employees being Democrats, was conservative...

Of the roughly $2 million that federal workers from 14 agencies spent on presidential politics by the end of September, about $1.9 million, or 95 percent, went to the Hillary Clinton campaign, according to an analysis by The Hill.
Source: thehill.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: gortex

Both sides are holding the country ransom. To pretend otherwise is pure ignorance and partisanship.

Except there's a bill that has passed both the house and previously the senate. McConnell won't put it up for a vote in the senate again, even though it had been previously approved by 100% of the senate before the end of the year. McConnell is responsible for not putting for a vote. They probably have enough people to override a veto but he won't allow it.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Do you see now? Both sides dont give a you know what if you have bills to pay. You should have thought about that before.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Pyle

trump neutered McConnell, has his balls in his desk drawer along with a few other republicans I think.

Regardless of what party you belong to. What irritates me more than any of this is the fact that The United States Senate is acting like Trump's little bi*ch. The legislative branch of the government is supposed to be the equal of the executive branch. McConnell should allow a vote on the bill that the house passed... if it passes, it passes. It should get to Trump's desk and if he vetoes, he vetoes and then it goes back to the Senate for an override if they have the votes..

The entire idea that he will not allow a vote on something simply because Trump will veto it disgusts me. The US Senate is abdicating its responsibilities to the President and that is something that should piss off all Americans, regardless of party.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join