It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of Working To End Our Govt Shutdown - Thirty Democrats Fly to Puerto Rico to Relax.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
January 13, 2019

Considering that Democrats place more value on the well-being of citizens in other countries, than they do U.S. citizens (until voting time), this is NOT surprising. But openly flaunting their callousness like this is unsettling, nevertheless.

Despite the record-long government shutdown, with over 800,000 employees not being paid, about 30 Democratic members of Congress traveled to Puerto Rico this weekend -- with their families and lobbyists -- for a winter retreat, where they also planned to see a special performance of the hit Broadway show “Hamilton.”

Those attending the Congressional Hispanic Caucus BOLD PAC gathering in San Juan, also planned to meet Saturday with Puerto Rican officials to discuss ongoing cleanup efforts from Hurricane Maria, according to a report.

FLORIDA DEMOCRAT GOT 'HAMILTON' TICKETS FROM UNDERCOVER FBI AGENT, RECORDS SHOW.

“This year’s winter retreat promises to be our most widely attended yet, with over 220 guests, including 39 Members of Congress and CHC BOLD PAC supporters expected to attend and participate!” a planning memo said.

Article and Photo of Congressman Bob Menendez with a bikini girl: www.foxnews.com... (What is creepy Bob attempting to "sample" with his right hand?)

Didn't some of them take off to Hawaii and other exotic locations, in the early days of this (now) 23-day government shut-down?

One thing is obvious: Democrat "leaders" are proving before our very eyes, how confident they are, that Democrat voters are just...plain...dumb.

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/13/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
They have every right to celebrate !

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

How high do you think you'll go? 33 days maybe?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

69 !
:p

Trump vents fury over Russia stories and again threatens national emergency

Holed up at the White House, Trump turned to the other subject dominating US politics: the partial government shutdown which, going into its 23rd day, is now the longest in history, eclipsing the record set under Bill Clinton.

He called on the Democrats to do a deal and again threatened to declare a national emergency if they don’t “come to their senses”.

“I have the absolute right to call a national emergency,” he said. “Other presidents have called national emergencies for lesser importance than this. I’d rather see the Democrats come back from their vacation and act. It would take me 15 minutes to get a deal done and everyone could go back to work.”

With polls showing Trump getting most of the blame, the president is toying with the idea of declaring a national emergency, bypassing Congress and funding the wall from existing federal revenue. Republicans are divided on the move and it would be certain to face legal challenges.

edit on 13-1-2019 by Cassi3l because: Making waffle batter lighter again ...

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Considering that Democrats place more value on the well-being of citizens in other countries

Who's the president of Puerto Rico?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
"Considering that Democrats place more value on the well-being of citizens in other countries, than they do U.S. citizens"

>citizens in other countries, then they do U.S. citizens

Ummm... who wants to let them in on the secret

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

They deserve it. They work a hard 150 days a year and only make about 200k a year. Seeing that some are going there to also meet with lobbyist, I imagine many will double their salaries over the week. Good on them.

Now if I could just work more hours to come up with more money to help them even more.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

The participants paid for the "Hamilton" tickets with their own funds, the Washington Examiner reported. "Hamilton" creator Lin-Manuel Miranda began a two-week run of his hit play Friday in Puerto Rico to raise money for artists and cultural groups still struggling in wake of Hurricane Maria. Tickets for opening night ranged from $10 to $5,000, according to the Associated Press.

The chartered jet that carried the attendees also brought 250 pounds of donated medical supplies.The trip is the largest congressional delegation to the island since it was devastated by the September 2017 hurricane.

Julian Castro, former Housing and Urban Development secretary and 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, will attend a summit on the island on Monday, according to the Examiner.

So rather than do something useful you'd rather everybody just sat in deadlocked Washington while the President holds the country to ransom ?
Meanwhile the President sits in his ivory tower tweeting out insults and waiting for people to bend to his iron will.

I am in the White House waiting for Cryin’ Chuck and Nancy to call so we can start helping our Country both at the Border and from within!
twitter.com...

No nickname for Nancy ?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
So rather than do something useful you'd rather everybody take a vacation while holding the country ransom?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Does someone have a timeline of Donald's golf rounds?
With which important events worldwide did they collide?

What is Donald doing this weekend? Is there a public schedule we could look into?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Why shouldn’t they go on vacation? They know they are never going to negotiate or vote for border security. It’s immoral to expect people to follow the law...at least in their mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
So rather than do something useful you'd rather everybody take a vacation while holding the country ransom?

Seems to me that they're doing something constructive , what would you suggest they do given the outcome of their last meeting ?
Of the 30 members who took the trip how many are considered part of the actual leadership of the Democrats ?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
They are the Hispanic caucus you racist.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

what would you suggest they do given the outcome of their last meeting ?

I have an idea; it just came to me.

Negotiate!

They haven't made the first counter offer yet. Saying "no" is not negotiating.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

How long are they planning to stay? I think they should all go on vacation. Will make it easier to get a vote for the wall if the dems are gone. Maybe a GoFundMe to buy them tickets?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Maybe they should have gone to play golf at Mar-A-Lago instead?

en.wikipedia.org...

Puerto Rico - officially the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (Spanish: Estado Libre Asociado de Puerto Rico, lit. "Free Associated State of Puerto Rico") is an unincorporated territory of the United States

edit on 13/1/19 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
So, where's McConnell at?? by what I heard he was one of the first ones to fly the coop. the house dems did something, they passed quite a few bills trying to reopen the gov't. they are sitting in the senate waiting to come up for a vote. So, where is McConnell, why won't he let them come up for a vote??? Matter of fact, it's like he's been pretty much hiding out, leaving it up to the dems and trump to hash things out.
It's gonna be a loooooong shutdown I'm afraid....

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Not much they can do in Washington right because McConnell is not holding votes on Democrates house bills nor GOP senate bills.

McConnell is the one you should be angry at he is blocking ALL shutdown ending bills.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

trump neutered McConnell, has his balls in his desk drawer along with a few other republicans I think.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Not sure Trump is up for reasonable negotiation but perhaps Congressman Scott Peters has a starting point.

In this week’s address, Rep. Scott Peters discusses Democrats’ support for smart, effective border security solutions and calls on President Trump and Senator McConnell to re-open government now.

A 21st century solution for a 21st century problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join