It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiral Contrail - Any Ideas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Found this little clip through the 'thirdphaseofmoon' YT channel. The link is to the original upload, rather than the 'tpm' channel, as I find them to be rather tedious and obsessed with the so-called "chem trails".

The clip, filmed over Sioux Falls at around 15:30 CST, captures a spiralling contrail, which towards the end appears to lose altitude pretty quickly. I can't see anything causing the trail or see anything fall from the sky when the trail stops. This could be due to the low upload resolution, which is only at 240p. Maybe HD footage would reveal the culprit.

I'm providing a link as I can't get the YT clip to embed into this post, maybe because I am using a VPN.
If anybody can embed the clip, I would be grateful.

YT Clip

I thought possibly a drone out of control, which could explain the lack of a visual object...do drones do this kind of thing, with contrails? I'm not sure because I do not know enough about them. Apparently, there was no air or parachute displays occuring in the area at the time.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Yes, an airplane going in tight loops.

Second.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
That's not a contrail (ice crystals formed from condensation from a jet engine's exhaust). It's smoke from a stunt aircraft.

The speed of the source and the little 'puffs' in the smoke trail are indicative of a prop-driven stunt aircraft.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
There is one more explanation, and sky spirals have been thought of as "UFO" related a few times.

There is a classified type of airplane chaff with this result.

For decades, missile deterrent chaff spewed, out of the aircraft, as a defensive measure for itself.

However in the past few years at least, since the Norway incident, a deterrent chaff has been developed. To not only be a self plane shield, but so that it could also be used as a chaff deterrent for a nearby ally aircraft.

The chaff is wound in a cord around a center cylinder, like a craft store yarn cone.

It can be launched as an air to air missile.

As it travels it unwinds and spirals out, releasing chaff in a wide round disc of coverage. Ala, spiral in the sky.

It provides hundreds of times more barrier coverage, than conventional chaff releases.

You have the option of shielding another friendly plane, by launching the missile between the friendly craft, and the enemy warhead.

This may or may not be the explanation for this video, but it may be a possibility.
edit on 13-1-2019 by Archivalist because: Because the admin/mods still think making us type the redit reason is constructive, when it really doesn't matter.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'll go with it being something along the lines of a Pitts Special, Extra 300 or an Edge 540, something along those lines.

They're incredible aircraft to see display up-close,

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
There's a guy (or gal) south east of us who has some kind of a stunt plane and frequently see him doing aerobatics with his smoke on out by us. Looks just like video.

He'll do a few tricks with the smoke on then turn it off and fly off some distance (presumably to see what it looks like from a distance). Then he'll do some more tricks (circles and stuff), and do the same thing. Sometimes it will go on like this for an hour or so.

It's pretty fun to watch actually, kind of like your own private airshow.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Stunt plane practicing that's smoke trails.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Well it's definitely a unidentified flying object making these trails.

Here is the embed video.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Just an aerobatic display aircraft fitted with a smoke system. As you say it is just the resolution of the footage that prevents the aircraft being visible.

Likely to be one of the Vanguard Squadron out for a bit of practice. They are based at Marv Skie-Lincoln County Airport, Sioux Falls.

Image from their FB page.

Vanguard Squadron Facebook

edit on 13/1/2019 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
There's a Q in the sky...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Further to my last post.

Doesn't take much sleuthing to find the exact filming location in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

One of the parked vehicles in the parking lot carries the details for Pizza Ranch.

This is located at Pizza Ranch, 2717 W 41st Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57105

Pizza Ranch Link

The filming location from Google Street View. It is at the back of the Pizza Ranch.

Google Street View Link

Google Map view showing the filming location and the Marv Skie–Lincoln County Airport.

It is approximately 4.5 miles to the airport where the Vanguard Squadron aerobatic display team are based.

top topics

join