It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circles off the coast of Norway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Norway keeps on giving strange geologic/terrain features, such as these circles off the coast of Værøy:

Closeups:

The coordinates are in the screenshots, if you wanna see for yourself in Google Earth. Centered on 67 39 28N 12 40 42E.

What could have caused these circles?
edit on 13-1-2019 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Maybe a fish farm net thingy.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Look to me like it might be boats running in a circle to capture fish in a gill net or purse seine. I suggest this because they all appear to be in shallow water. Gill nets don't work in deep water because the fish can escape by diving downward out of the net. In shallow water, weights along the lower portion of the net keep it in contact with the bottom.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

That doesn't look like any boat I've seen and I've lived by the sea 99.9% of my life and worked maritime security. Plus, in the OP's image there are only 2 of these circles, one in the shallows, one in deeper water near the tip left of the image.

I'd say its an underwater feature of some kind...

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Salmon farm, pretty sure about it. Salmon or any other better marine protein source.
Norway is the largest fish farmer, or so, hence it should be dotted all over the place like that.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Salmon farms are usually square nets and shallow water, the top left circle is in deep water, not shallows. I've seen plenty of Salmon farms here in Scotland.

edit on 13/1/19 by djz3ro because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Indeed looks like salmon farming grounds. www.shutterstock.com...

edit on 13-1-2019 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join