It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity: the Uncorrupt Religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
RedDragon all religion are corrupt because there is no such thing as god. I have to argee with the point of view the religon explains the unexpainlable. Christianity will be dead in 100 years. In the 21st century mass media is the most affective way of brainwashing the population.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Christianity is still a mess in its righteous form. Christianity is a religion. An institution. It thrives on money just like any other. They are all bad. Every religion is bad. They trick people into giving them money, to sustain themselves and their dillusions.

The only thing that is not corrupt is true faith. If you truly believe in something because of observations, facts, and your own personal opinions, then that is not corrupt. As soon as you enter "religion", you enter the domain of forcing your beliefs on others. Thats what all religions do.

Christianity in its righteous form steals from the poor.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Christianity is still a mess in its righteous form. Christianity is a religion. An institution. It thrives on money just like any other. They are all bad. Every religion is bad. They trick people into giving them money, to sustain themselves and their dillusions.

I like the old argument 'it's people who are corrupt not religion'. By definition though religion is a mass of people. Can't have one without the other.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
all religion are corrupt because there is no such thing as god.

What about those religious systems that do not revolve around belief or worship of a deity? For example, Taoism? It could be argued that the Tao is the god of Taoism, but that's a moot point right here.

And, also, let's define "corrupt" before we go slinging the word everywhere.

Courtesy of Dictionary.com:

cor·rupt > (k-rpt) adj.

1. Marked by immorality and perversion; depraved.
2. Venal; dishonest: a corrupt mayor.
3. Containing errors or alterations, as a text: a corrupt translation.
4. Archaic. Tainted; putrid.

I have heard of very few Taoists who fall under any of these definitions. So, it appears that you are wrong.

Now feel free to get offeneded, argue with non-arguments, insult, spew hatred, and get off-topic, because you don't want to admit it.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

What about those religious systems that do not revolve around belief or worship of a deity? For example, Taoism? It could be argued that the Tao is the god of Taoism, but that's a moot point right here.

Just one question what is Taoism?
Ive never heard of it.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Like I'v said a million times.

Monumental statistical exagerration is a form of corruption that was invented in the times of the Old & New Testaments also, when seas needed to be parted and 5000 needed to be fed on a shoestring.

Your religious instruction has done you well.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Christianity uncorrupt??? oh boy ... like teaching ppl they are guaranteed heaven, Once Saved always Saved and Faith Prosperity isnt corruption enough ???

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Just one question what is Taoism?
Ive never heard of it.

I figured. So, are all religions still corrupt, even though there are some you didn't know existed, and therefore, know nothing of - especially it's corruption, or lack thereof?

Here are some links for Taoism research.

www.clas.ufl.edu...

www.religioustolerance.org...

www.crystalinks.com...

www.taoism.net...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Taoism is not a religion, nor a philosophy. It is a "Way" of life. It is a River. The Tao is the natural order of things. It is a force that flows through every living and sentient object, as well as through the entire universe.

Taoism isnt a religion it seems to be more like being a vegetarian a life style
choice .

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hey Dragon,

If that is your belife that Christianty is the 1 true religon is right, thats OK.
Though I have to disagree with you.
Have you ever read the Quran or have a understanding of Jewish culture past and present. Jews looked differently at the Thorah, then and do now.

The Bible was not invented until after Constantien. A lot of misunderstanding of Jewish culture, and Jewish religous thought.

And God said to Aberham."You will hold up none beside me."

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Snowman9]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
GÄÄÄHHH!!!!

Religion are make by people, for people and is like people.
-> corupt
-> depresiv
-> but with hope for better time.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Taoism is not a religion, nor a philosophy. It is a "Way" of life. It is a River. The Tao is the natural order of things. It is a force that flows through every living and sentient object, as well as through the entire universe.

Taoism isnt a religion it seems to be more like being a vegetarian a life style
choice .

Whatever. Religion, philosophy or way of life - the point is that it is a belief - now show me how it is corrupt, if you can. And if you want to compare Taoism to a tree-hugging hippie lifestyle, then that's your choice - only you're wrong. =)

I guess Buddhism's a "vegetarian life style choice" too, then.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Hey Red. You say that Christianity is the only uncorrupt religion in it's righteous form. What makes you think that you are following its righteous form?

Also, the reasons you gave don't really add up. Lets review them:

Originally posted by RedDragon
1. You are a sinner.
2. Jesus Christ is the only way to God.
3. Jesus Christ DIED for YOUR sins.
4. You can be amde PURE before GOD by Jesus' sacrifice.
5. You can achieve ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus and God.
6. Jesus comes to all who accept him.

1 says that I am a sinner. 3 says Jesus died for my sins. If I don't believe that I am a sinner, then 3 means nothing to me. I can't really imagine that a newborn baby is in anyway a "sinner", but your original sin concept says it is.
2 down, 4 left.
4 says I can be made pure by Jesus's sacrifice. Once again, I don't really believe I am unpure. Besides that, I find it slightly barbaric that human sacrifice should be in anyway necessary to purify anyone. I am responsible for my own actions, I don't need someone to have died 2000 years ago to forgive my sins today.
1 down, 3 left.
2 says Jesus is the only way to God. Since it has already been mentioned that people alive before Jesus also achieved "found God", we can cancel that as well.
1 down, 2 left.
6 says Jesus comes to all who accept him. This means nothing. Satan can also come to all who accept him. Does that mean Satan is a way to God?
1 down, 1 left.
5 says you can achieve eternal life throught Jesus and God. That point I can accept. Whatever works for you. However, I would not call that the only way.

You give the complexity of life around us as an example to prove Christianity. That may be used to prove God, but I don't see how it is relevant to Christianity.

Heheh...even though it is probably deeply insulting, calling Taoism the "vegetarian version of life" really made me laugh.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by babloyi]

[edit on 4-3-2005 by babloyi]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join