It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity: the Uncorrupt Religion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You may wonder why you should choose maybe Christianity over let's say Judaism, Islam or Hindu. Let me tell you why. Christianity is the only uncorrupt religion in its righteous form because of these reasons:

1. You are a sinner.
2. Jesus Christ is the only way to God.
3. Jesus Christ DIED for YOUR sins.
4. You can be amde PURE before GOD by Jesus' sacrifice.
5. You can achieve ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus and God.
6. Jesus comes to all who accept him.

Contrary to what HERETICS believe, there has never been a contradictory scientific development to our Lord. In fact, Christianity has predicted EVERY development in SCIENCE for the past 200 years! You see, my FRIEND, Christianity is the true religion. Let God and Jesus, your SAVIOR, bless you with FOREVER LIFE and FOREVER GRACE as they have done to me and BILLIONS of others of humanity.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Ahem, TROLL! Anyways, bs, bs, bs, and..... oh yeah, TROLL! This should be closed, this guy is trolling.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I am in no way being a "troll". I am simply explaining to all non-believers how other religions and philosophies contradictory to the REAL teachings of Christ are immoral and corrupt. IMO Christianity is PURE.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So we have a preacher in the house, now one thing, even when I agree with worldwatcher, I can not stop from asking if the thread starter can post some links to his claims and prof.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
well....

Jesus is one way to God. People before Jesus have gone to God, therefore Jesus cannot be the Only way to God.
You are sinner if you believe in the precepts laid out. These are thousands of years old and probably corrupted by translations and compromise over time.
People before Jesus led a Pure life, and God found no fault in them and took them to heaven. Therefore there can be pure lives led.
Eternal life was available before Jesus, and granted

what exactly is a Heretic, because i dont believe in the literal Bible, am i a heretic? Jesus scoffed at scribes and scholars that became so wrapped up in the word they overlook the meaning and the foundation of what he taught.
Christianity is a Belief, not a scientific undertaking. The true Religion, is one that recognizes God exists in All of us; the adulterer, the drug user, the homeless, the sinner and the saint. Looking after our nieghbor is what God taught.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So we have a preacher in the house, now one thing, even when I agree with worldwatcher, I can not stop from asking if the thread starter can post some links to his claims and prof.

I will not give you links because the proof can be seen all arround us. See this world of complex cells, matter, and energy. It is FULL of life. Do you really believe that life is a mistake? Do you believe that you are a mistake? Is this world really just one big mistake? The answer is a resounding "no". You are important. Civilization, mankind and his achievements are important. Yet, they are by no means just the creation of man. They are indirectly the creations of a greater concsience (sp) which connects us all. Yes, they are part of Jesus and our saving Lord.

For a chronical of the past 200 years in technological developments, please read Jeremiah 17:9-23. It mentions, through formulaic deduced algorithms, (you'll have to solve these for yourself; I'd have to post pages of calculations to prove them to you) dates, and through metaphor :"partly metallic cube that speaks and tells with pictures": :"great power through seperating small things (imo this passage, in the past, was used for supporting racism -segregation- but now is understood to be pretty void of meaning in that scenario due to its context), developments in science.

Christianity is the past, present and future. Blessed be our Lord and SAVIOR, and may he bless us.

[edit on 2/27/05 by RedDragon]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is like saying Baseball is the one true sport because it uses a bat, bases, and a baseball.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolmaker

well....

Jesus is one way to God. People before Jesus have gone to God, therefore Jesus cannot be the Only way to God.
You are sinner if you believe in the precepts laid out. These are thousands of years old and probably corrupted by translations and compromise over time.
People before Jesus led a Pure life, and God found no fault in them and took them to heaven. Therefore there can be pure lives led.
Eternal life was available before Jesus, and granted

what exactly is a Heretic, because i dont believe in the literal Bible, am i a heretic? Jesus scoffed at scribes and scholars that became so wrapped up in the word they overlook the meaning and the foundation of what he taught.
Christianity is a Belief, not a scientific undertaking. The true Religion, is one that recognizes God exists in All of us; the adulterer, the drug user, the homeless, the sinner and the saint. Looking after our nieghbor is what God taught.

By not believing in the Bible, you are a heretic and you are an enemy to be righteously silenced. Why allow the enemy to speak? That would be aiding her and thus treason.

People before Jesus did lead a righteous life becuase Jesus had not yet come down to man. Thus, those who then worshiped Jehovah (the ancient Jews), were in the right zone.

The Bible now has not been edited. It can be viewed that the words have remained pure since the dawn of their respected times.

Other religions are corrupt and thus heretical. So, Christianity is the ONLY way to God.

Christians, connect to your ancestors. You are pure and you are uncorrupt. Remain that way.

Heretics, remember your ancestors. Were they corrupt? Were they pure? No, they were not. Retrieve their glory.

Blessed be the lord and Christ.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
God NEVER asks to believe in an Object, like the Bible. In Fact Christ goes out of his way to never write, build, nor leave any physical object behind, so that people will not focus on it.

The bible is a set of Books, nothing more. If Christ would have preferred we follow a written word he would have simply written it, signed it, and left it to us to follow. Instead he condemns those that study the word, without understanding the content.

The translations of the Bible contain inherent errors, since hebrew underwent an upgrade in the 10 century. If you take the earliest Bible known, and compare it to the Bible today, they are very different in content, style, and wording.

Believing in an Object, such as the Bible, is contrary to the teachings Christ left to follow. Christ left a Path, to care fot those than cannot care for themselves. To recognize that God exists in all places, even in those you may call heretic.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
ok ... possible dumb question here ??

if you love Jesus so mucth why do you call yoursefl "redDragon"?? the dragon is another face for the Serpent, you know that right ?

anyways im not saying your ID NAME should match our religious beliefs, not that at all...i just thought....such a "strong uplifting" of Jesus by a Dragin ?...lol...anyways like i said ...this is a possible dumb question...lol

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A religion full of corrupt people is not uncorrupt.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Christianity is the only uncorrupt religion in its righteous form because of these reasons:

1. You are a sinner.
2. Jesus Christ is the only way to God.
3. Jesus Christ DIED for YOUR sins.
4. You can be amde PURE before GOD by Jesus' sacrifice.
5. You can achieve ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus and God.
6. Jesus comes to all who accept him.

1. If by "sinner" you mean "someone who is not absolutely perfect," then yes, I am.
2. Assuming God exists, is "good," and that Jesus wasn't looney, or his message distorted.
3. He's not the only one, either. He took the easy way out. There have been others who have remained in this world to take beating after beating in the name of others' sins. What Jesus did was very compassionate, and deems him worthy of being made a saint, to be sure - but a God? Hardly.
4. I'm happy "purifying" myself.
5. And what if I don't want to ascend to heaven? What if I don't want to live forever? What IF I just want to get this life over with, to see what comes next?
6. I don't want 'em.

Contrary to what HERETICS believe, there has never been a contradictory scientific development to our Lord. In fact, Christianity has predicted EVERY development in SCIENCE for the past 200 years! You see, my FRIEND, Christianity is the true religion. Let God and Jesus, your SAVIOR, bless you with FOREVER LIFE and FOREVER GRACE as they have done to me and BILLIONS of others of humanity.

Seems to me that the Buddha is less corrupt than Jesus. I never have heard stories of Gautama vandalizing a temple because he disagreed with what was taking place there. Ghandi never took physical violence against those who opposed him. Jesus did. I honestly do not care whether Christianity predicted this or that, and it just happened to fall into place. I don't know whether your claim is true or not, and honestly I don't care, so I won't argue that with you. Christianity is destructive, and that is enough for me to stay away.

I am in no way being a "troll". I am simply explaining to all non-believers how other religions and philosophies contradictory to the REAL teachings of Christ are immoral and corrupt. IMO Christianity is PURE.

Actually, you are. A troll is somebody who preaches without provocation, and puts down every other religious belief than theirs - by my definition. Oh, and Buddhism isn't contradictory to the teachings of Jesus - in fact, damn near every one of Jesus' teachings are, at best quotes, and at worst paraphrases of everything Siddhartha Gautama taught centuries before Jesus was ever born or conceived as a thought. The teachings of Christ are simple: "love God, and love one another." These are the two commandments he left. I do "love" God - whatever he/she/it/they may be. I don't presume to know the material or origins of God's existence - nobody truly can, at least not until death. God is knowing, yet unknowable, in my opinion. Also, in my opinion, a religion whose slogan was "convert or die" for so long is not pure - of course I speak of the Crusades, where people were converted by the sword, and the Inquisitions, and the Salem Trials, and all that jazz. To the best of my knowledge, Christianity and Islam are the only two major, existing religious beliefs who have a notorious history of this behavior. It's a more deadly version of "you don't want to play by my rules, so I don't want to play anymore" - very childish, very ignorant, very impure. You can have an opinion contrary to this, as you obviously do, but there are just as many who will agree with me as there are who will disagree.

I will not give you links because the proof can be seen all arround us.

No, you won't provide proof because you have none to provide. The "proof all around us" you speak of is a cop-out. It no more proves the validity and truth of Christianity than it does Taoism, Satanism, or Sun-worshipping.

See this world of complex cells, matter, and energy. It is FULL of life. Do you really believe that life is a mistake? Do you believe that you are a mistake? Is this world really just one big mistake? The answer is a resounding "no".

No, I do not believe it's all a mistake. I do believe God created it, in a way. Perhaps God "watered the primordial seeds," and let it grow on its own. Nobody really can know, not in this life, and to claim otherwise is falsity and fanaticism.

You are important. Civilization, mankind and his achievements are important. Yet, they are by no means just the creation of man. They are indirectly the creations of a greater concsience (sp) which connects us all.

Yes, all life - no matter how seemingly insigificant, is important. I will agree with you there. I agree with this entire snippit that I have quoted. All that exists today is an indirect creation of the "higher power," who/what ever it may be. I agree.

Yes, they are part of Jesus and our saving Lord.

Or part of the Force, or Tao, or Dharma, or Nature...

For a chronical of the past 200 years in technological developments, please read Jeremiah 17:9-23. It mentions, through formulaic deduced algorithms, (you'll have to solve these for yourself; I'd have to post pages of calculations to prove them to you) dates, and through metaphor :"partly metallic cube that speaks and tells with pictures": :"great power through seperating small things (imo this passage, in the past, was used for supporting racism -segregation- but now is understood to be pretty void of meaning in that scenario due to its context), developments in science.

Once again, I think you're just making excuses in order to avoid admitting that you're wrong. Once again, also, I don't care about the "proof of technological advancements in the bible."

Christianity is the past, present and future. Blessed be our Lord and SAVIOR, and may he bless us.

Well, it sure has affected the past, and is affected the present, for sure. The future is uncertain. You don't know that it is the future - the future is being conceived in this present moment, the only moment that truly exists. The past has died, the future is not yet conceived. The only moment that we know exists is the here and now.

By not believing in the Bible, you are a heretic and you are an enemy to be righteously silenced. Why allow the enemy to speak? That would be aiding her and thus treason.

I believe in parts of the Bible. For example, I believe that Jesus did perform many of the "miracles" that he is portrayed to have done in the bible - perhaps in a way different than described. I also believe that rapists should be put to death. There are also many things I am skeptical about in the bible - for example, that Jesus was a "200% being" - 100% human and 100% God. I think that, maybe, he was 98% human, 2% God - having a "divine spark," like all of us. I believe Jesus was a Buddha, an enlightened man with a divine influence, perhaps. But not divine himself.

But you refer to people like myself as an "enemy." Why? Do you plan on taking physical action out on people like myself? Do you plan to wage war on unbelievers? Do you wish physical harm to come upon someone like myself? I do not oppose you, I oppose what you believe in - and then, only partly so. I will say now, that if you plan on bringing or wish physical harm to befall me, or those like me (i.e., "unbelievers") then you are not compassionate for your fellow man at all, and are thus living outside of Jesus' true message, and thus are a heretic yourself.

People before Jesus did lead a righteous life becuase Jesus had not yet come down to man. Thus, those who then worshiped Jehovah (the ancient Jews), were in the right zone.

And people still lead righteous lives, after Jesus - for example, Mother Theresa, and others you call "saints." Ghandi is another example. Martin Luther King, Jr. is yet another.

The Bible now has not been edited. It can be viewed that the words have remained pure since the dawn of their respected times.

I disagree. I believe there is enough proof that some books have been omitted, wholly or partly, from the bible. I also believe that there have been some translation problems - in fact, this is proven. Also, it is only "pure" if it were the direct dictation of God, which it is not - every book was written by flawed, imperfect, and impure man. It is bound to have inconsistencies on some level. There is no "perfect book."

Other religions are corrupt and thus heretical. So, Christianity is the ONLY way to God.

As I stated earlier, any religion who gains converts through fear and bloodshed - as Christianity has done - is corrupt and immoral, in my honest opinion. If you want to know where I'm getting at, watch The Chronicles of Riddick, much of the Necromonger dogma presented in it closely shadows that of Christianity. "Convert or die," for example; gaining access to heaven being another; a "holy" or "religious" army, or fighting in the name of religion being yet another (referring to this "soldier of Christ" crap that honestly scares the crap out of me - I never know if I'm going to be shot for not accepting Christ -- "praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!")

Christians, connect to your ancestors. You are pure and you are uncorrupt. Remain that way.

Wrong. Even if you are Christian, you still sin, and are thus impure and corrupt - that is the purpose of penance.

Heretics, remember your ancestors. Were they corrupt? Were they pure? No, they were not. Retrieve their glory.

I don't remember my ancestors (by ancestor, I assume you mean at least three generations before my own,) I never knew them. How can I remember that which I never knew?

Believing in an Object, such as the Bible, is contrary to the teachings Christ left to follow. Christ left a Path, to care fot those than cannot care for themselves. To recognize that God exists in all places, even in those you may call heretic.

Exactly. The "God that exists in all places" which you refer to I call "Tao," some call "Dharma," and still others may call "the Force."

[edit on 28-2-2005 by LOBO]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Christianity is the only uncorrupt religion in its righteous form

i would have to disagree.
i would say that no religion is corrupt in its righteous form... its when people get into miss inturpting 'this and that' for their own agenda.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yeah, ok. Science has proven a global flood, and young earth creationism wrong, and now people dont take it literally. The Bible isnt truth, it's whatever you want it to be, science proves it wrong, then interpretations of it change.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Is this thread satire?

www.geocities.com...

If christianity is so pure.. I guess it must have been the buddhists going on murderous rampages during the crusades then.. :shk:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Is this thread satire?

Probably not.

Shall we begin the purification by pain now?

I feel so dirty.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I've noticed a lot of those that preach have user names like that....you guys do know that you don't gain points in BTS don't you?
someone that posts this is not trying to teach or spread "the word" they know that's not gonna happen if posted in such a manner.....it's for attention. It's atially a type of trolling....just ignore the post.

[edit on 2/28/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Like I'v said a million times. Religion is a concept invented by man in order to give meaning and explain things he didn't understand. I don't think one religion is better than the other and to try to discuss it is stupid since it will eventually break down to: "my god has a bigger dick than your god!!!".

Nobody cares, or at least I don't. Is there a god? Who the hell knows really.

*note: Im not a religious person so according to the christian god, im going straight to hell when I die. And frankly I dont worry about it.*

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It took like 15 posts before someone mentioned the crusades. Riley, I am going to make a bet that the crusades were the first thing that came to your mind when you read the post. I know they were for me.

Now, a religion that kills off people for being protestant, or believeing that the world was not the center of the universe IS BY NO MEANS CORRUPT! Murder is completlt cool by christians as long as they are killing those "evilutionists", and those pesky people who believe in other stuff. Those infidelic pagan scumbags.... Its ok then, right?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
just remember he said in its righteous form

top topics

<<   2 >>

join